Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
You're going to grow an illegal amount by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Guy on Discord is doing LST and getting this with a single drat plant:

Colleague of a buddy of mine back home is also doing LST and currently working with this result:

(His setup may or may not be in compliance with our laws)

I think my people may be goin a lil off the deep end with this decriminalization

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

As much as i'd have confirmed that estimation a month ago, I doubt I'll be in any danger of breaching the VERBOTEN-threshhold without minmaxing on this first grow.

Now, if I were to - hypothetically - apply everything i've learned on the next grow, i'm entirely certain that my yield would be just around the legal limit
:shobon:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Just had my appointment at my new VA Clinic to establish care after our move to Delaware. I was very happy the waiting area TV had Game Show Network on instead of the usual FNC

Edit: and the funny thing whenever I say that I'm an LCSW they're always like, "we need Social Workers so badly" and I just shrug at the VA hiring system

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 5, 2024

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
https://thequietus.com/interviews/lola-de-la-mata-oceans-on-azimuth-tinnitus-interview/

quote:

The most mind-blowing moment, not only for De La Mata but the scientists too, came when they managed to actually record the sounds that she heard in her ears – which now appear as ‘Left Ear’ and ‘Right Ear’ which begin sides A and B on the album – and in doing so opened up questions about the nature of tinnitus itself. “The NHS definition is that it’s a phantom sound that your brain is creating, that it isn’t something ‘real’, so you should try to ignore it.” By having De La Mata place her ear into an anechoic chamber, with an ultra-sensitive microphone perched in her ear canal, they were able to provide significant evidence to the contrary. “After the first recording of it, it was ‘There’s no way, this isn’t possible.’” They tried again with her breath held, and again with her tensing her ears, and again with other members of staff, but each time it became apparent that yes, the noises De La Mata hears are seemingly something physical. More intriguingly still, the two women whose ears were recorded, De La Mata and Lana Norris – the musicologist whose voice appears on the album’s ‘PINK Noise’, and who is also a choral director – were the only two people whose ears were found to produce spontaneous otoacoustic emissions. “It’s something to do with hormone difference, but they don’t really know why,” De La Mata says. Present in most children but believed to fade over time, they’re also found far more in musicians than in other adults, for reasons yet unknown. It all raises a lot of questions. “What I have is tinnitus by the definition we have now, but maybe that’s not correct. Maybe it’s something else,” De La Mata wonders aloud.

This lady managed to get high tech and record tinnitus. Turns out it's a bit more complicated than just a noise in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SaHIYxpqc0

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Europe is voting today, and while I hope the German Nazis take a serious hit from their failure in the EU parliament election campaign, I'm gonna furnish y'all with a brief weed-update since I seem to be on the final stretch:

Here's a pic from 2 days ago to show the bud-distribution:

This is one of my Do-Si-Dos reference buds I'm trying to monitor for growth in the flowering phase:

The top of the plant is going for some amber-color in the meantime:

My Northern Lights plant is a lil ahead of the DSD in terms of going for color

I was kinda bummed about my plants developing "slower" after entering the flowering-phase (which was unreasonable in itself considering how loving fast they were growing in the vegetative phase compared to my chilis), but it turns out the buds are still growing very noticeably:

Going by grow-guides for the exact autoflower-strain I have, I should probably end up trimming the plants at the end of next week and hanging them into my tent upside-down for another week for drying.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Europe is voting today, and while I hope the German Nazis take a serious hit from their failure in the EU parliament election campaign, I'm gonna furnish y'all with a brief weed-update since I seem to be on the final stretch:

Wait a minute, voting on the weekend!? What is this, actually trying to citizens to participate in the democratic process, insane!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

Wait a minute, voting on the weekend!? What is this, actually trying to citizens to participate in the democratic process, insane!

:negative:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Out of curiosity I looked up what the law on that is here in British Columbia, home of really good weed.

Apparently if you grow it yourself you can have up to a loving kilo :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I cannot stop marvelling at my weeds/buds
Sorry for the somewhat "unprofessional" photography, but this is so fascinating

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't even want to smoke cannabis, how are these drat weeds fascinating me so much while my chilis are sitting on the balcony jealous as gently caress that I've found something that's diverting attention from them this hard?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That's some beautiful weed, my friend.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't even want to smoke cannabis, how are these drat weeds fascinating me so much while my chilis are sitting on the balcony jealous as gently caress that I've found something that's diverting attention from them this hard?

You can eat it too. You should try that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

something something cannabutter something something brownies something something tripping balls

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

How do you say the magical incantation "These edibles ain't poo poo" in German?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Brute Squad posted:

How do you say the magical incantation "These edibles ain't poo poo" in German?

I'd say "i'll let you know once i'm high on my first edibles", but i'm somewhat more apprehensive of edibles than I am of just smoking leaf.

Probably gonna harvest this weekend and then hang the harvest up to dry on my tent for another week before "jarring" and curing. Couldnt have come at a better time, because it'll probably be getting a lot warmer soon, and running an HPS lamp through the summer would result in a very Bad time in the Apartment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The thing about edibles is you need to wait at least an hour sometimes as much as an hour and a half before you can really gauge the effects. It's really easy to get too high on edibles.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

The thing about edibles is you need to wait at least an hour sometimes as much as an hour and a half before you can really gauge the effects. It's really easy to get too high on edibles.

That's kinda the main reason for me having a bit of an apprehension of edibles. You consume something, then there's a burning fuse, and then the impact hits you.
I think the most bad experiences I've had with weed so far were that I wasn't in "the right mindset" or whatever, and even the thought of consuming something, then waiting for a hit to come and not knowing how hard it'll hit you is a recipe for a bad mindset.
In the long run, I assume that having some experience with edibles and how to dose what you're cooking/what you're consuming is gonna become a thing of routine that you're used to, but as a first-timer, I assume edibles would be the worst course of action for my first harvest.

I got some big-rear end jars, some hygrometers, and a bunch of them lil target-humidity satchels to "cure" my buds once I harvest them after the one-week drying, and I'll dump them in there and then maybe try to get high off my own supply in 1-2 weeks for starters.

I've also looked up what my plants are "supposed to look like" vs. what they're looking like, and after about 50 days, there are thicc buds, very sugary sugar-leaves, and an amber-coloration of the "tentacles", even though there's no indication of a purple-hue-coloration, or a falling-off of the bottom fan-leaves, so I'm kinda assuming I've arrived at the point of harvest, but not given my plants the optimal conditions to BE ALL THEY CAN BE, which is - honestly - fine for a first-try, I guess

Tallest/thiccest bud is about 10cm at this point, the larger buds at the top of the canopy are around 5-7cm, but I just took a minute and a half of my time to actually count the buds on both of my plants, and I've come up with the following:
30 buds Do-Si-Dos
47 buds of Northern Lights

So I'm very happy to report that my overall yield is gonna come in at just under 50 grams

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just under two ounces of weed seems like a hell of a harvest.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

50g / 1,76 oz is also the legal limit for posession, so I'm especially happy that my projection just happens to come in at just under that limit

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
there is a way to reduce what you have

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Harrisburg being a focal point for the alt-right in The Boys S4 is way too on the nose.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oooh, is that out now? Cool.

Also probably the most exciting thing to happen to Harrisburg in the last 3, 4 decades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Well half of Broad Street Market burned down. And the other time when a bridge burned down.