Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7unDVXhzTw

check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
this is a major that complained to the 2-star about how liberal the pass policy was in our section and got it partially revoked

it was within regulations and totally above the board, but it was more time than the other sections were getting

they deserve what they got

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
No I understand. I was just saying the poo poo head in me wishes I was that ballsy from time to time but every time, I just crash and burn so I keep it completely straight most of the time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

this is a major that complained to the 2-star about how liberal the pass policy was in our section and got it partially revoked

it was within regulations and totally above the board, but it was more time than the other sections were getting

Slash his tires

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Seriously. Love my car. Gonna look nice with a lift.

I've been backburnering that video. Not a fan of their videos, or doug demuro. Also that's either not an '03 (turbo hood but turbos weren't available in '03) or someone swapped the hood. Also the mirrors in the RC video are paint matched, also not an '03 feature at all, didn't come in until '05. He's pretty much reading the Wikipedia page too. RC is one of those channels I might let run while I sleep, they're not up to World According to Briggs stature.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

theres a couple good ones here and there but his style gets old fast

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Seriously. Love my car. Gonna look nice with a lift.

I've been backburnering that video. Not a fan of their videos, or doug demuro. Also that's either not an '03 (turbo hood but turbos weren't available in '03) or someone swapped the hood. Also the mirrors in the RC video are paint matched, also not an '03 feature at all, didn't come in until '05. He's pretty much reading the Wikipedia page too. RC is one of those channels I might let run while I sleep, they're not up to World According to Briggs stature.

That dude who owns that Baja actually uses it for offroading and waypoint rallies. Most of those body panels and the hood etc are not original, they're junkyard pull a part, he is also going off the info the owner told him, where the owner might be wrong/not the original owner, or they swapped a turbo engine into an 03 body. Weird mutt cars delenda est. I highly doubt he checks the VIN code to ensure that the car is the car the owner said it was.

E: A turbo, or lack thereof would be noticeable. I don't think he claims that this car has a turbo. He does spend a decent amount of time complaining about how one EJ25 is not like another EJ25 that is in another car (The dude who runs Fuel Injection Sucks/Sloppy Mechanics bought a 2nd gen Subaru Forester with an EJ25, the engine was completely different from the EJ25 in Mr. Regular's Subaru Forester, even though they were the same generation of Forester. "It's Subaru, just get past it")

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 19, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's pretty tits. And the fact that the front half is just an outback makes it easier to find some parts.

Now I'm curious what an insurance quote would be just for a replacement tailgate. Mine is fine, just curiosity.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The dude did throw Brat jump seats into the back, which is great, They're not bolted down sadly, just carabinered to the tiedowns as a tribute to the Brat, though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i love the rear facing seats in the brat so much

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

The dude did throw Brat jump seats into the back, which is great, They're not bolted down sadly, just carabinered to the tiedowns as a tribute to the Brat, though.

I put '91 Grand Am seats in the bed of my '88 Ranger around 2000. I was behind the times, but at least I bolted them down. Hastily. And with only three bolts apiece. And had to be told twice by Nashville police to remove them because they weren't equipped with seat belts. Like that was the real problem.

Ahhh. Fun times. Should have just bolted some seat belts into the bed too, but complaints about the loose rollbar hitting riders in the back of the head seemed too annoying to fix also. Good times though.

It also had a dixie horn, duct tape racing stripes, a CB and a PA. I was a rolling white trash party.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The only way that this car could possibly be cooler would be with a five speed.

God loving drat, the Baja is so cool. Noted AI poster Bajaha also has one and, as you might expect, it's also rad as gently caress.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I seem to remember someone in AI swapping in a turbo motor and changing the hood on a sport model, then putting a front intercooler on it. I'm guessing that was bajaha. Pretty sure, actually. (E: clicked the thread, definitely him, I don't remember the lowering but to each their own).

They're entirely too much fun with a manual trans. Goddamnit I miss my old turbo model. Someday I'll get me a japanese ej255 and swap out the tractor engine 2.5 rumbling under the hood. After the lift and fat tires. That RC video at least gave me a tire size I can run. Couple of companies make 2" lift kits.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 19, 2019

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I just started reading the Witcher books, starting with the Last Wish. It's a lot better than I was expecting and honestly the interactions read just like any of the ones I know from the games. My brain even automatically reads Geralt's lines with video game Geralt's voice.

Think I'm going to go ahead and install Witcher 3 again, finish The Last Wish and then start the TV show.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I thought the games were better-written than the books tbh

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

At Epcot and a late 20s dude is wearing a WWII veterans hat. It is rather funny

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nick Soapdish posted:

At Epcot and a late 20s dude is wearing a WWII veterans hat. It is rather funny

Maybe its steve rodgers in disguse?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dude's probably a veteran of at least three Call of Duty campaigns and two Medal of Honor campaigns so you best show some respect

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I want a gaudy veteran hat celebrating my service on the USS Barack Obama

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Vasudus posted:

Why haven't you and your coworkers conspired to dump that fucker's remains in the Potomac yet

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Dude's probably a veteran of at least three Call of Duty campaigns and two Medal of Honor campaigns so you best show some respect

F

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Rise of Skywalker is a loving turd man. What a convoluted mess.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

holocaust bloopers posted:

Rise of Skywalker is a loving turd man. What a convoluted mess.

Scale of 1 to 10 where is it?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

He already said it's a number 2.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Like a 1, and I'd only give it that for a couple of bits of the film.

I walked out of The Last Jedi, not loving it but enjoying most of it and liking that it made me question a ton of poo poo about the lore and what not. I just really liked that Johnson basically decided that the only way Star Wars was going to be able to continue was to smash all the tropes the films had made prior to it. Yeah the movie wasn't perfect but it tried new things.

And this movie promptly diarrhea shits all over that. Like holy gently caress, the pacing alone was loving terrible. Never mind some of the nonsensical plot points.

And I say this as someone who enjoyed and defended Solo as well as TLJ. This poo poo blew hard.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

6 easily if I’m being generous. Solo is a better movie. Far fewer structural and plot issues.

It even manages to look shockingly cheap in several scenes.

bloops fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 20, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just got forwarded some customer feedback

quote:

This morning we had a generator fail on board the ferry, which to most people could be a huge worry but your staff handled it as if it was a normal occurrence with professionalism, and everything was sorted very quickly.

:negative:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

:lol:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Rekt.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I just got word that I get to leave my current project by mid-January, and I cannot describe how ecstatic I am. On top of that, the new position I'm taking up is under the auspices of my former project, with two new folks and the entire team that had become pretty much family in the 2 years I was there beforehand.

Daddy's drinking tonight.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just got word that I get to leave my current project by mid-January, and I cannot describe how ecstatic I am. On top of that, the new position I'm taking up is under the auspices of my former project, with two new folks and the entire team that had become pretty much family in the 2 years I was there beforehand.

Daddy's drinking tonight.

Is your Polish friend coming back?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Just put up a big sign that says generator failures are NOT a normal occurrence.

That'll smooth things out

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hekk posted:

Is your Polish friend coming back?

Uh, my Polish friend?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm off for the weekend. They took me off water/nutes and put me in scrog, so now I'm just weaving weed into screens all day. gently caress those guys, they hosed up their own profile and tried to roll it on me. Still got the bus tracks on my back. Gonna go check a few places out this weekend, apply around, see if I can't find a new job for the new year.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, my Polish friend?

I might be mixing up my GIP.xls but weren’t you looking for gift ideas for a foreign coworker who had to leave Germany a little while back? I thought he was Polish but maybe another European country? Even more Eastern Europe?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Knives Out was a really good movie

I enjoyed the through joke of the hippy daughter in law saying she read a tweet about the New Yorker article about the Daniel Craig detective character, the daughter saying she read it in the New Yorker, and the failson grandson using that article for the random note

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm off for the weekend. They took me off water/nutes and put me in scrog, so now I'm just weaving weed into screens all day. gently caress those guys, they hosed up their own profile and tried to roll it on me. Still got the bus tracks on my back. Gonna go check a few places out this weekend, apply around, see if I can't find a new job for the new year.

That sucks, didn't you just get done fixing their poo poo?

expanse update. The Expanse is addicting. I want more.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nick Soapdish posted:

Knives Out was a really good movie

I enjoyed the through joke of the hippy daughter in law saying she read a tweet about the New Yorker article about the Daniel Craig detective character, the daughter saying she read it in the New Yorker, and the failson grandson using that article for the random note

Yeah Daniel Craig's southern fried gentleman was actually fine, as a Texan I didn't find myself distracted like I thought I would and I'm very glad to have seen it twice.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hekk posted:

I might be mixing up my GIP.xls but weren’t you looking for gift ideas for a foreign coworker who had to leave Germany a little while back? I thought he was Polish but maybe another European country? Even more Eastern Europe?

Ohhh, I see now. No, you were almost right on the money. We did end up getting a gift for him, and it ended up being almost exactly the suggestion courtesy of GiP in here / on discord (group picture of us printed at a store with signatures of us and his catchphrases on the frame).

Only thing you got wrong was the country, dude was from Romania, but still, good memory ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Brute Squad posted:

That sucks, didn't you just get done fixing their poo poo?

expanse update. The Expanse is addicting. I want more.

I did, just got it green across all the rooms. They were complaining about light harvests but when you take most of your phosphates out, well, you get light harvests. I had no control over the profile, I just kept the concentration of it in line in the tanks to keep it from burning. So they're throwing full blast nitrogen, gently caress all phosphates and weird levels of potassium and sulfur, okayish ratio on cal/mag but piss poor sourcing, all from day one of flower through harvest. They took out a 0-60-20 source five months ago and I've been struggling to keep it out of burn, but I had a loving system working that actually kept it out of burn and was slowly increasing concentration by week. They literally had me growing with a vegetable garden ratio because their master grower is a dumb old boomer. He also suggested keeping the pH as close to 7 as I could (in coco tupur), let them dry down for five days so "the roots would chase the water" when they moved into flower, and never reviewed my notes the one day every three weeks he showed up.

Doesn't take an old boomer to know you can hide deficiencies if you just burn it with too much nitrogen. That's what they want though, so I'll go hit a temp agency for amazon and walk the warehouses again.

Gonna buzz down my 3+ years of hair this weekend (beard stays) and finish season four of the Expanse before I do any real applying for jobs. Started last weekend but didn't have time to power through it. It's a great show even if this season does seem a little weak. The green screen zoom out when they land and walk off the ship? Yeah, it all registered as green screen to me. Rest of the effects are better though.

Amazon does pay better than the weed farm, and it'd be nice to go back to the graveyard shift for a while, have benefits again, that sort of poo poo. Need to get dental again so I can just have my teeth ripped out and replaced with falsies. I knocked two teeth out drunkenly coming up the stairs while walking Frank after quitting my last job (like 15 months ago) and just haven't cared to have the problems fixed. Just want to pull them all, put studs in and mount fakes I can pull out nightly on them. At least dentures won't be as annoying for me as the previous generations in my family, and I made it longer than a couple of them with my real teeth.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 21, 2019