Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I think the growing weed thread is about to crack-ping over a hippie talking about his compost ingredients. I'll save you reading his entire post and just hit that high note.

He later mentions it was a gift from her for the compost, because.... hippies?

Goddamn hippies. Cartman was right.

Eat rear end smoke...vagina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
"female energy for female plants from a stronwilled woman" is how he put it, including misspelling.

I know blood is useful for a compost, but "my buddies girlfriends period blood" is a weirdly specific ingredient. Like, just say blood. Leave the specificity out of it.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 4, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ah, gently caress. Coughed fairly hard last night and now my back is out. Felt a pop, didn't think much of it. Naturally on a day I have poo poo to do.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Got Moderna shot #2 today. Arm is sore, but otherwise feeling okay. Let’s see how things feel tomorrow

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Joke about Soros 5G nanomachines

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Joke about Soros 5G nanomachines

your supersoldier check is in the mail

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
In a world full of spiteful dipshits, even a bit of immunity feels like a superpower.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

orange juche posted:

Hell yeah

just got my second pfizer dose as well

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

orange juche posted:

Christ these assholes can put a microchip in my body but they can’t just do direct deposit?

Fuckin boomers, man.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Been busy today... Built ladder couple days ago, repurposed a used hanging door kit, added LED's.

Not sure if I'll add casters to the bottom, wife wants to be on that Belle poo poo, I want her to keep her fingers and the ability to count 'em.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 8, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wait....so do you have like dual Ultrawide monitors?

This post sort of reminded me to mess around with turning one of my 27"s vertical and I'm kind of digging it so far.

e: Trip report: It was always in the back of my mind that websites have been fine-tuned for tablets, but this owns.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 9, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I started screaming "WHAT DO YOU SEE?!" at the screen, only to realize I got baited & switched by the USCPSC

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1390778877694328837

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Wait....so do you have like dual Ultrawide monitors?

This post sort of reminded me to mess around with turning one of my 27"s vertical and I'm kind of digging it so far.

e: Trip report: It was always in the back of my mind that websites have been fine-tuned for tablets, but this owns.

Nah I have an older generation ultra wide NEC and the other is just a regular 16:9 monitor.

Yeah having a vertical window is nice but I find a vertical 16:9 to be like, too tall.

Also this is BF4 in vertical 21:9

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’ve got dual ultrawides. It’s amazing.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

Nah I have an older generation ultra wide NEC and the other is just a regular 16:9 monitor.

Yeah having a vertical window is nice but I find a vertical 16:9 to be like, too tall.

The first time I saw it was a guy I worked with like 3 years ago where he used it to pull docs up with. I kind of like it because it has a different utility rather than just having two big rear end monitors right next to each other. The left one is centered on my desk and the right is offset to the right, so I usually focus on the left one for both documents, CAD, and games. Curious to see how I move my docked toolbars around in CAD or if I try to switch back to 3 windows. If anything, I certainly won't be bored for a couple of days. Also, getting my second shot on Friday so that's another little carrot.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Wasabi the J posted:

War Tik Tok getting lit.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I started screaming "WHAT DO YOU SEE?!" at the screen, only to realize I got baited & switched by the USCPSC

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1390778877694328837

Missed opportunity to have Mad World playing over that.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Wasabi the J posted:

Now I want to reinstall that for like the 5th time. I didn’t play too much BF1 and completely skipped 5. I hope 6 is as cool and fun as 3/4 were.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
BF4 might be the best multiplayer mil shooter of all time.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

M_Gargantua posted:

I’ve got dual ultrawides. It’s amazing.

Stacked or side by side?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

Is Tribes considered a mil shooter?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

boop the snoot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTXJTwV6cSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nteDP62uWcw

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nystral posted:

Stacked or side by side?

side by side. Just 5 solid feet of screen to "work" on

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I feel like having so much wide screen would make me think I’m missing something at the top or bottom.

For full disclosure I have no idea. I don’t even use a second monitor for work anymore.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

boop the snoot posted:

ARMA and OFP disagree :colbert:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Grip it and rip it posted:

Is Tribes considered a mil shooter?

Thinking of Tribes makes me remember how much I hate almost every team shooter out there now because they all went hard in on the CoD instant kill everything. Can't have anything like teamwork or coordination or planning determining outcomes, gotta get those sick noscope 180 headshot cams to put up on your Twitch stream. Much better game play that way.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Tribes and Quake had weapons that killed pretty quickly but they were hard to hit with and your enemies could move very fast. Only some weapons were hitscan and those that were always had some other limitations. With COD and a lot of the modern shooters almost everything is hitscan and hits even harder while trying to shoot much slower and much more predictable enemies so many targets die a split second after being spotted.

I agree that I think the kills are a lot more satisfying in the old school arcade shooters when you do connect with a bunch of hits quickly. Few kills in multiplayer FPS are more fun to me than hitting a midair disc or a long range fusion mortar on a fast moving target.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The game tribes was probably one of my favorite first person shooters for that reason. Playing capture the flag and actually getting it back to your base was a super satisfying feeling way more than winning a round on call of duty.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My phone service is through mint mobile and it’s like $300/yr for unlimited data.

My plan just lapsed and the credit card on file doesn’t work anymore so I’m gonna see how long I can go without a phone plan.

So far the only time it’s been an issue is when I’m bored while Monty is looking for a place to take a poo poo and I try to browse the forums or something.

As long as I have WiFi though I’m good since everyone I know has iPhones for the most part. And the one or two weirdos with Android can just message me on Instagram (since it’s the only social media I have :smug:).

Has anyone else tried to cut the cell phone cord?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

boop the snoot posted:

My phone service is through mint mobile and it’s like $300/yr for unlimited data.

My plan just lapsed and the credit card on file doesn’t work anymore so I’m gonna see how long I can go without a phone plan.

So far the only time it’s been an issue is when I’m bored while Monty is looking for a place to take a poo poo and I try to browse the forums or something.

As long as I have WiFi though I’m good since everyone I know has iPhones for the most part. And the one or two weirdos with Android can just message me on Instagram (since it’s the only social media I have :smug:).

Has anyone else tried to cut the cell phone cord?

What about actual phone calls?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

nwin posted:

What about actual phone calls?

What the hell are those

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

boop the snoot posted:

What the hell are those

Yeah true. I text everyone except I work from home now and use my cell for all the conference calls.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah part of the reason I’m considering this is because of how rare it is for me to actually use the phone function and how I can do everything I do with WiFi.

I think the only place I ever call is the VA for prescription refills or to make the rare appointment, and I can just borrow someone’s phone for that since it only happens like 8-10 times a year.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
For those of us who have embraced Android Supremacy I know it's possible to make calls over WiFi. We had to set it up in our apartment because cell service was absolute dogshit unless we left the building and went to the other side. Pretty easy to do, just a few clicks and register some info on the phone itself. If the inferior OS allows that you can still make calls when at home that way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You can get a google voice number and use that for wifi calling.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boop the snoot posted:

Yeah part of the reason I’m considering this is because of how rare it is for me to actually use the phone function and how I can do everything I do with WiFi.

I think the only place I ever call is the VA for prescription refills or to make the rare appointment, and I can just borrow someone’s phone for that since it only happens like 8-10 times a year.

Set up myhealthevet and you can just click links to get your refills. You need to go to a VA to verify your account, but you can do that when you're at an appointment.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

For those of us who have embraced Android Supremacy I know it's possible to make calls over WiFi. We had to set it up in our apartment because cell service was absolute dogshit unless we left the building and went to the other side. Pretty easy to do, just a few clicks and register some info on the phone itself. If the inferior OS allows that you can still make calls when at home that way.

If you tried to text me this, I didn’t get it. It would’ve shown up green anyway. Gross.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

if you have an iphone, you can still make facetime audio calls via wifi. I'm not sure if you can call non-iphones that way, though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If you don’t have a phone plan texts won’t go to your phone either, wifi or no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

If you don’t have a phone plan texts won’t go to your phone either, wifi or no.

If you have an iPhone you can communicate with other iPhones without a phone plan. You just need WiFi.

I just can’t communicate with non iPhone users. Of which I talk to maybe two.

A phone plan to accommodate two people? They can just DM me on Instagram.