Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Lego is rad. I had surgery a while back and bought the big Tower of Orhanc set and built that while watching all the Lord of the Rings movies while recovering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The modulars are cool, but they're expensive as hell, and you can't have just one so they end up taking a lot of room. They also have a couple from Ninjago which are cool as hell, they're like Neo-Tokyo themed.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Reminds me of Jungle Jim's outside of Cincinnati. They have a motherfucking monorail.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Well we've all seen how hosed up the military can be, why would anyone think that it isn't a top to bottom problem that exists on all levels?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My buddy just got a new 75" Sony. It's insanely good looking. I recommend that everyone with a standard HD TV or older upgrade to some form of 4k with HDR as soon as they can. It'll blow your mind.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit. Oh my holy gently caress INTERSTELLAR

I've got a decent sound system, and that on 4k Blu-ray and yyyyyup it's as good as you think.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Brute Squad posted:

StL's Mexican is mediocre, but there are a couple of decent spots. Their balkan is out of this world after picking up the yugoslav breakup diaspora in the 90's. Fortunately it still has some really good Italian too.

There's a pretty good taco place in Soulard, I forget the name of it though.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Dan Carlin is my go to for long drives.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

There's a reason why I keep a bunch of chemical hand/foot warmers, a sleeping bag, and big blanket in my car. I don't plan on getting stuck anywhere, but if I do I'm not going to be miserable.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, getting home today is going to be fun for people here in Ottawa. Thank god I don't have a cross town commute anymore, and live maybe 2km away from school. Even then the last major snow we got it took me 20 minutes to get home.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Get a Volvo.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My car has a sunroof, but it won't open because the backup battery for the alarm system is shot.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

This one is really good, nice work!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, sounds like a guy who could use a solid rear end beating.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

If you use a blowtorch you don't have to worry about razor blades, and they'll be less likely to gently caress with you.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Closest Imax theater playing it is two hours away, ugh.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

It'll still be amazing in dolby digital or just plain theater if available. It's a drat good watch. I'd watch it in a small window on my computer, even.

Oh, I'm sure. I brought the movie up with my friends and we're going to see it on Saturday.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I haven't seen it, but isn't it a movie mostly about Neil Armstrong and getting to the moon?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Well, except Ghostbusters was a truly terrible, unfunny film, and Captain Marvel is a good movie that internet nerds are freaking out over because it dares have a message that's empowering to women.

Personally I'd say it's worth seeing once or twice, and is in the upper middle of the pack when it comes to the Marvel movies. Not close to Winter Soldier or Ragnarok, but certainly no Dark World. Neck and neck with Ant-Man and the Wasp.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

As far as most people I know goes, they just wanted to know if the cat was good, and how good it was.

It's a very good cat.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

It might say something about film media that today is the first time I'm hearing about her comments about female minorities in film criticism as well.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

No.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I got oxycodone pills almost that big when I got my wisdom teether out, your doc needs to step up their game.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Just got out of Apollo 11. Holy poo poo.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Dumping snow in Ontario right now. Right around freezing, too, so it's that super wet snow that sticks to everything.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'd have taken it just for the story.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Fallom posted:

My Tumi backpack is one of the best things I’ve ever owned

I would hope so looking at the prices :stare:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I gained 60 pounds while I was in the army, and none of it was muscle. People I tell that to are shocked that the military is actually bad for your fitness and health.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whats the max run distance allowed?

LOL you think that exists.

Let me tell you about when word came down from higher that to reduce cold weather injuries, running outdoors in the Alaskan winter would be limited to 4 miles. Strange how long 4 miles can be sometimes. Also it was mandatory to wear yak-traks at all times outdoors, which means that at least twice a week you'll be running 4+ miles on ice, in temperatures approaching -20°f with basically cleats on.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The Rat posted:

And then you get back inside and your balls start tingling and stinging as they regain feeling.

I do not miss Alaska.

I miss Alaska.

I do not miss being in the army in Alaska.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

iKon posted:

Some days it was almost worth it when you'd watch someone peel their balaclava off too fast and take a frozen eyebrow with it.

Having your eyes freeze shut was always a fun way to start the day.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Finally watching Game of Thrones. I’m on episode 3 of season 2. Well produced show so far. Want to punch Joffrey.

I started re-watching it over the weekend, because I figure the new season will have started around when I can finish. The first few seasons are still really good. If you hate Joffrey now, just wait until later.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

North Carolina allergies can eat my rear end. Haven’t sneezed this much since I left CA three years ago.

I remember being out at Camp Mackall around this time of year and seeing clouds of pollen come off the trees when the wind blew that made it look like the trees were burning. It was horrifying.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Syrian Lannister posted:

Thanks for that flashback

:tipshat:

I thought I would never be able to breathe through my nose again.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Woke up to fresh snow on the ground. drat it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

whether or not you have allergies y’all need to neti pot

I personally prefer the squeeze bottle variety but same ish

Ooh, thanks for reminding me about that. Was meaning to go get one of those this weekend.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Texas Roadhouse honey butter or whatever was half the reason I'd go there.

I'm consistently angry that there are no White Castles, Jack in the Boxes, or 24 hour Taco Bells for hundreds of miles. Zero drunk food options.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Sarah posted:

There’s a White Castle in Las Vegas.

I'd have loved to go there when I was shuttling people from Fort Irwin to the Vegas Airport, but the only place people would want to go was In and Out. I never want to have that again. And because we were in uniform, tourists would constantly bother us to thank us for our service.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My mom only eats spicy food now. I am weak, and lack puissance, and as such cannot eat anything she makes anymore without wanting to give myself a Macgruber throat rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Seconding Joe's. Also Q39. The Red Balloon is a good dive karaoke bar if you're into that kind of stuff.