Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
there's virtually no breakfast places near me any longer that aren't IHOP/Denny's and thats pretty sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
spicy mexican food in denver means they added paprika

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
my nebraska in laws loving love this one italian place and literally everything on the menu is bland as gently caress because old white people. like, its packed between 4 and 6pm.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Buy some 30+ inch Dell ultrawide and marvel at the real estate

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Fallom posted:

imo I wouldn't want to deal with a single, wide monitor because I think it would make arranging windows a pain in the rear end and fullscreen games would gently caress with everything

the manufacturers have programs that will split the monitors into whatever sizing you want.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

Oh, it's so much worse:

ahahahahaha of course

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh cool just lost power

thank god ive got a fireplace, ifs single digit temps here

we lost power for 2 days during a real bad ice storm and thank god we had the fireplace

i also bought a generator after that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
My car, which was rear-ended New year's Eve, got rear-ended today in the exact same place on the car with considerably more damage. gently caress it, I'm getting it fixed and then getting rid of it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
this dog owning thing sounds exhausting

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Today I had 30,826 steps and 15.3 miles walked. I’d say all but 3 of those miles were spent walking/hiking Lando. Being a dog owner IS exhausting, but it’s more often than not the good kind of “you earned the good night’s sleep that you’re about to enjoy” type as you settle down next to a tired and happy dog.

lmao

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Thankfully in small-medium oil related businesses it's still fine to be a raging alcoholic as long as you're taking clients with you

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
One of my clients keeps clamoring for more data insights so they're paying umpteen vendors for poo poo and no one can actually answer if this is helping make more money.

(It isn't)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The key to a successful bar or restaurant is either you or a well paid trustworthy manager watching things and most people fail to do either so its bad decisions combined with theft and that's all she wrote.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Please don't use debit cards linked to your main account. In fact, just avoid them if at all possible.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
just loving lol that in tyool 2018 people are still trying to pass off forged checks despite that poo poo getting blasted on the news every time someone tries to steal $2.31

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I have to leave work early because I'm about to lose my ability to walk.

are you erick erickson

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the epitome of western manliness tweeted about getting a blisters because he had to walk like three quarters of a mile

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
get some of those skate shoes and glide around

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its a tactical mobility board

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if someone got caught doing that, but it just seems stupid to overreact and gently caress with your workforce on that level. Do an audit, gently caress do anything before saying "okay one person hosed up, let's gently caress up morale and possibly gut our products workforces while we're at it. Go!"

Someone has been eyeballing this policy for years and finally got the justification needed to kill it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that dude fedexed them a hardware token

brazen af

Work smarter not harder

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Work from home is great when you've got poo poo you absolutely need done and know every motherfucker in your office will bother you with other things if you're there

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Israel is basically the worst ally.

Between them and Saudi Arabia it's like we're purposefully making the Middle East a worse place.

Narrator: They are.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
One neat trick to purging employees, managers love it!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

psydude posted:

DC snowdays and wrecked contractor Raptors with gadsden plates go together like ice cream and hot fudge.

My favorite story is from a couple years ago of a girl who wrecked her SUV in freezing rain and was not going to survive (because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt) and her brother who wrecked his brodozer just a few miles away trying to get there.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Vasudus posted:

My boss is an active duty PHS captain, O-6 type.

I really just wanted to yell 'THE gently caress DID YOU THINK I DO HERE' but obviously that would be the last thing I would get to say.

who are you again

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Godholio posted:

Both my cars have crank windows.

On the Corvette, power windows were a $57.95 option (hefty when the base MSRP is only 4 grand). On the Jeep, it was something like $1500 for the package that included it, but I was planning to have the doors off for half the year anyway.

in hindsight you should have just told them to keep the hood

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Does mlb.tv give you anything interesting to watch

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
just loving lol that you subject yourself to that

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
guys the morning is much better with an actual good cup of coffee just sayin

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Well that didn't take long, already got a contingent contract offer by the first PM I sent a message to. So that's uh...maybe 6 hours delay?

Downside is that it doesn't start until September 15th, has a fair amount of travel and they're not to nice places. Have to visit almost every VAMC facility in the US, roughly 30 trips a year for 3-4 days at a time.

Upside is that it's basically unlimited work, the client is cool, and I would get a hefty boost in comp for the inconvenience of travel.

Gonna file this one under "maybe"

you can come to my hometown and see the wonderful Chris Kyle statue

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...=7&ff=208281415

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hollywood is defacto a DoD propaganda arm which makes it all the funnier when some smoothbrain complains about them hating America or whatever

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
one of the real annoying things in life is getting the option rim/tire combo and then when you get a flat finding out literally no one has it in stock locally

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hell yeah identity theft

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
wring the gently caress out of them and bail for a better opportunity when it arises

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I have moonwalked right the gently caress out of client offices I've been in where half the staff has the plague. gently caress that, gently caress you.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Exhaustion and dehydration are a great combo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Also, apparently Avengers: Endgame is 182 minutes long.

:psypop:

sweet

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've been trying to get stomach pain figured out for years without any real results. Finally got some labs that might explain it. I destroyed my stomach lining and part of my small intestine with 2400mg motrin daily for almost 7 years. Gonna make a VA claim on this because it's finally a good explanation.

I also have skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma) and colon polyps that have to be removed every so often (doc recommended every 5 years) otherwise they'll turn cancerous.

Yeah but do you even lift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
well thats better than cross "i destroyed my shoulders and my kidneys" fit