Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm watching the Demon House specials on travel channel while hitting the oil rig.

It's gonna swing below 0°F tonight and I wanted brain candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You know you can have a hobby, right?

The world has changed, you no longer have to hide your autism through childrens gifts purchases. This isn't the 80s and model trains.

I used to do jigsaw puzzles at/near the height of being unhinged. Now I just don't own a big enough table to do one on.

Damnit, now I kinda want to look at legos.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 2, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

Is that the one where Zack buys the house in the hood? That episode is hilarious. He rolls up with his camera crew and starts interviewing the squatters living on his property about their ghost experiences.

Yeah, it was a side project and released a couple years ago as a documentary, independent from his travel channel schtick because he did it with his own money and didn't have the entire band of idiots with him, just most of them.

It's fascinating and terrible.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

504 posted:

Banging the poo poo out of the mother of my youngest.

If you're gonna do a play-by-play, at least work on the frequency of your announcing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just constantly and casually drop the "well y'all are just navy anyhow" line. Bam, mad marines with dip drool pouring out there maws.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Looked at the cats at PetSmart when I stopped to get Franks' food. Only had 3, none wanted scritches. The 5 month old might have wanted some, but decided against and went back to being asleep.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Get well soon, string eater.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress office work forever.

My work stress is gently caress-all. Love the weed fields. Still don't buy the hippy bullshit that half the people in the industry still grasp to (feed your plants love, man, type of people). No, feed your plants nutrients and water and CO2.

Moved 160 plants from nursery to flower house today. Most were already five feet tall, going to spring up to 7-8 feet before they finish flowering. loving monster plants. Love it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Never seen a tiger with diabetes before.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jamming out to James Taylor at work while trimming plants. My trim lead shifted departments and we're short a few hands today. I'm working on negotiating a raise to go to the remote site permanently, instead of two days here, three days there.

Gonna put on some Gordon Lightfoot after break and croon along. The trimmers and vacs are loud enough to drown me out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

Move to a state with legal weed and work in a grow house like the other gip dude with a green thumb

Boom.

Probably get you started making $12-15/hr pulling buds off plants. Definitely not lawyer money. Even know future murmurs here will have me working in a huge indoor op in a few months, where we're gonna need around 300 people to staff it total. And we're veteran heavy, probably a solid quarter of us are ex-mil. The new place will be in a Pueblo. Probably moving there myself when my lease is up.

Gotta move and establish residency before you can get a MED badge here, but they start at $75 for a two year occupational license. No felonies or drug charges (even misdemeanors).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you decide on the weed route, you're eventually going to want to look at learning METRC and Biotrack. I haven't bothered yet, having too much fun working in the plants to learn the software, usually only a handful of people need to be involved in that end of it.

Still gonna learn it, just dragging my feet.

Oh, and wet trim is easier/faster than dry, especially if they have Twister trimming machines. Barely any loving with snips, just rip off the fan leaves and pop all the buds into the hopper in a clean shot down the stem, machine will handle the small/sugar leaves and feed them all to a vacuum for collecting hash making material.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 9, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Quick, sign this life insurance policy...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If their licensing procedure is anything like here in Colorado, he'll be fine. The bar is probably the only concern, but if you're not practicing while working in the field, it shouldn't be an issue.

Here, the occupational license is basically a thorough as gently caress background check and fingerprinting. 3-5 day turn-around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm going continue to take my cousins' advice (she's a veterinarian) and feed my animals purina pro plan as the bulk. Frank's been happy on it and has reliable poops, and he's having an easier time with the stairs since I've subbed in about 100g of FreshPet a day. When I get a cat again I'll use pro plan, mix of wet and dry.

Do you feed your Mao any dry food at all?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If she's having stomach trouble, you can always go to boiled, unseasoned chicken to substitute until she's making solid logs again. Cook a small breast, slice and dice two ounces for her dinner.

Dry food is fine. Cats get fat on dry food, but they keep their teeth longer. Wet food is something you're better off doing with age. Definitely talk to your vet about it, but it's fine to wait to start on wet until they've got a few years on them.

I trust my cousin on this call. She's been a practicing vet for over a decade, went to UIUC, and is married to an equine veterinarian. They have a lot of pets, all the time. She could easily hock much more expensive stuff for whatever reason and people would buy it, but she's too honest for that. It (purina pro plan) is always in stock at PetSmart too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Both of my previous cats fluffed out to around 16 pounds before losing some weight with diet change.

Kinda want a maine coon for my next cat. My apartment is already thick in Frank hair, maine coon fur would just add to the insulation value of the apartment and reduce my utility bill ever so slightly. Or maybe I'm just high and want a cat again.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We have a dog park diner here in the Springs called PubDog. It's pretty awesome.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EBB posted:

Mao is being moderately pissy about the lack of gravy-laden beef chunks today but I made up for it with a pile of Greenies and a fresh batch of cat grass. My sin is forgiven.

* Flicks tail at you*

Treats?

*Headbutts leg for five minutes*

You could take a little of the wet food, mix with a little water, and microwave it for ten seconds or so.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably in the gaming thread.

Wouldn't know, haven't traipsed through the thread in a while. I just wander around in fallout 76 on my xbox. Not tonight though, the power supply poo poo the bed. Five years of dedicated service. Smoking a joint in its honor.

It's also my only device to watch sling/hulu/prime. Been catching up with the local PBS. Sadly, no Antiques Roadshow episodes have run tonight.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Last time I needed a tv, back in july, I just went to walmart and grabbed an LG dumb tv 43" for like, $240? Didn't want to spend another $50 for a 50" sylvania.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I really want to buy a big rear end sony, my last good tv was a sony projection. I just don't want to pay the asking prices, or to have smart tv guts.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Plasmas have a shorter lifespan than LCDs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yay, my xbox works again. What a pain in the rear end it is trying to find a power brick. Had to give in and fork over $50 to gamestop, after hunting down a store that even had one.

Back to getting murdered in fallout.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've had golden corral twice in my life. Once on the way to boot on the van ride from MEPS. Any pain suffered was followed immediately by salt peter and bland poo poo. The second was before deployment. It was not pleasant.

I ate at waffle house first thing after deployment, coming home from korea, after boot, ETS, etc. Love that slop.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

Waffle House is genuinely good food. It’s not like you can’t see them cracking eggs right in front of you.

I know. And I'm so glad they're out here in Colorado. It's constantly poo poo on as a southern thing but it's good food, awesome if you're hammered.

I don't care for IHOP. Omelets are okay, but it's more garbage joint than a Denny's.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

e: and this is an odd thing to observe about a restaurant with thousands of locations, but the staff are consistently pretty chipper. No idea why that would be.

You can't just buy a waffle house franchise. You have to work your time in the company before they offer it to you. Part of that makes an owner easier on his staff, because he had to do all the dirty work too, at one point. They also pay a little better than most places.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just don't mistake a Huddle House for a Waffle House. Don't know how many Huddles are left but they're mostly in the south and use a similar diner layout as WH. It's fine, just not the same.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

I've had Denny's once it was gross. iHop a few times, it's alright. Perkins the most frequent. Every one I've been in has been clean and good food and service. Never did Wafflehouse when I was in Mississippi, and there probably isn't one within 500 miles of here. Otherwise there's some great local places.

Perkins is based out of Memphis. Haven't eaten in one since 2004, when I was on a mission in Korea to Camp Hialeah (before it was turned back over). There was one in some giant multistory mall in Busan. I was served an overcooked, undersized steak.

So yeah, two solid strikes from me, won't bother tempting a third.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Glad Mao is doing better, and digs the pro plan.

I'm gradually cleaning and making things kitten-resistant. Met a cool cat named Dean this weekend. If he's still there friday he's coming home with me. Gotta vacuum up all the Frank hair first.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Boulder/Denver food is okay, just okay. Better, spicier food in Pueblo. The Springs is kinda just your standard fare, run of the mill commercial restaurant poo poo. There are great mexican joints though.

There are stand-outs in each city, but Boulder south through the Springs are pretty soulless. There's not any real local niche food either. Lots of food trucks though. There's a guy that brings tamales to my work, in the trunk of his mustang. I'm not tempted enough by the probable food poisoning, so I stick to my morning protein bars.

Pueblo is solid though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Keep in mind that airplane food has and always will be poo poo, but also take into account that they've hired chefs to fix that, and it still tastes bland and terrible.

That's because altitude plays fuckery with your taste buds. Obviously not going to get the same results at 5k feet, but it might play in effect.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Proud Christian Mom posted:

spicy mexican food in denver means they added paprika

Cumin, actually.

When I worked in the dive bars, I'd put cumin on the quesadillas and taco meat. That and jalapenos are all you need for white people.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm manx, english, polish and german, raised among the corn. We had three seasons in our house growing up. Salt, pepper, butter. I know you're thinking, butter's not a season.

In Illinois, it might as well be.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I haven't had forklift anything training since I got a slew of them added on my mil license because I was a mechanic, just keep telling places I learned in the army and that's good enough, apparently.

How do you gently caress up pulling a pallet jack, outside of overloading the drat pallet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I would get yelled at for skating on the jacks at my last job. So much easier on the feet when you scoot around on one of those for half an hour.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably won't have time to get to the shelter until this weekend but holy poo poo is that a cute kitten/name combo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Go buy a neck brace and get you a tv attorney.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Wasabi the J posted:

Man, loving carwash ripped off the trim on my lift gate.

Didn't notice until I was at the vet dropping $600 on Sputnik for getting his rear end kicked by another dog.

Frank dislikes pitbulls and pit mixes. So much that he stands behind me when one is nearby. He doesn't trust them in the slightest.

So what kind of dog beat up on Sputnik?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank's going on six years old, he's still friendly to most dogs, but his mix with some variety of retriever is showing with his hips. Puppies are okay until he gets hit with paws constantly in the face, then he nips. The correction instinct in him is still strong, so that part of the collie comes out often, but he doesn't attempt to correct me. He prefers other dogs around his age and his size or smaller.

How's Sputnik with cats? Frank was raised with two cats being asses to him, but he always got up, followed them around, occasionally tore rear end after them. Gave him something to pay attention to, kept him moving instead of sleeping. It's why I keep rambling about getting a cat again. It's nearly been a year since my last cat died, Frank needs a friend. Approximately six months old, fixed, and dog friendly.