Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Dad chat: I’ve spent the evening building the LEGO Saturn V rocket. Wife has been helping, stage 1 complete. How’s your holiday times working out fellow dads and moms and childless uncles? (me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

holocaust bloopers posted:

Appreciate it. Yea I definitely have felt pressure to get further because of my age. I think at this point, I need to settle into a role instead of chasing money.

I know I don’t *technically* know you but we’ve been on this gay little forum a long time, so in a way I feel like I sort of know you. And from what I do know of you I believe you’ll succeed at whatever you endeavor to do, and I genuinely wish you the best of luck man.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Mr. Nice- why not start your own private vet law practice? Handle C&P claims/appeals, DoD Disability/med board/PEB/CRSC stuff. You won’t get rich doing it, but it won’t break your brain and you’ll get to help your fellow brothers and sisters in arms. You could just charge reasonable fees to do the work- like $200 for a PEB or C&P appeal. You can even just work from home and have a virtual law practice.

Dudes that have lawyers help in their disability process seem to have the best outcomes. I got lucky without one but as I understand it that is the exception, not the rule.

If you need someone that’s versed in the issues to help you as I guess a paralegal I’d totally help you out. I’m no lawyer, but I by god know the DoD and VA disability system inside and out.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
poo poo, I’m so hosed up in the head I miss Iraq sometimes. Actually a lot of the time. Not as much for Afghanistan, but it was a beautiful country at least.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
All my TV’s are 55 inch LCD HDTV’s from 2010-2012. These were upgrades from my 42 inch 720P plasma screen and a 61inch projection HDTV.

I haven’t been in a Best Buy or an electronics section at a retail store because I just know I’ll buy a new TV on the spot.

I finally decided to upgrade my den TV (Where I keep the gaming consoles). My budget is ~2k. I’m getting the biggest bestest loving TV I can. Pair it up with my Dolby 5.1 surround sound, and rewatch every movie I can think of. How much bandwidth does UHD streaming eat? I’m only on a 100meg connection. Can that support streaming UHD on one tv and regular HD on my other devices at the same time? I realistically only get 70 megs down.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Turned in my company badge and laptop today. Feels real good to not go back to that place.

Where to now? Back to school, or a different company? You may have already told us but my memory is worse than Trumps.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Friends little pit dachshund mix. Smaller dog and him got into it apropos of nothing, but we think they were both stressed out over the wind.

Bummed out, Sputnik is kinda limited to being at home now because he's become more dog aggressive as the years go on. He just gets too hyper at parks and on walks. I don't know how to get him active and exercised while simultaneously keeping him away from other dogs.

I've tried what I know to try to stay calm and poo poo, but my anxiety over this is at a ten.

You need the miracle drugs Zoloft and Klonopin my man. Anxiety is like a 3-4 for me instead of the 8-10 that it was pre-medication.

Have you tried any of the deep breathing and positive thinking exercises the shrinks push? They seem to help others too.

gently caress anxiety.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Podcast and/or audiobook recommendations for a 14 hour drive? Gotta go to SC this weekend for a funeral.

Wastelands and Wastelands 2. They’re a post apocolyptic stories anthologized and well done audiobooks. It’s got stories from George R.R. Martin, Orson Scott Card, Hugh Howey, and even Stephan King. Most stories are in the 45 minute range, some are shorter, others are longer but it’s really top notch listening. Some really good post-appoc fiction, and with a lot of different varieties and styles of writing and narration.

A++ would recommend to anyone.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Found the books, just not sure about having to sign up to audible to get the audiobook lol

Audible is great man, they’re an amazon company now- but it’s still great for Audiobooks. If you get a paid subscription you get a monthly token that’s good for one audiobook regardless of cost- I use mine on expensive $25 dollar books since my monthly rate is 6.99 or 9.99 or something like that. You can bank up to 5 coins at a time, too, if you don’t find anything you want. Though with as big as there library is, you’ll find something you want. To listen in the car just pull up the audible app on your smart phone and play it through your speakers. They also have a web based cloud player, and apps for Android and Apple tablets. Also amazon tablets have audible highly integrated.. it’s my primary platform, on my Fire HDX 8.9”.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Soulex posted:

My dad got to work with these fine people

Man, gently caress them.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

Only two inches but it’s stuck around.

:same:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lies.

Fritos chili pie is the real reason for beanless chili.

This. And chili dogs.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
The wife got a big promotion at the start of the year and we can’t write off taxes and interest on the house, so we found out yesterday that we owe 6k.

Wonderful.

Thanks Donald loving Trump.

I’ve never not gotten a refund before, even before we bought a house.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

I got fired yesterday for that attendance gently caress up last week.

Two weeks after a glowing 90 day review.

:confuoot:

Dude, that’s loving lovely. I’m sorry you lost your job. You got any leads on a job? You work in IT right? I hope you find something good for you quickly.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

I told my gf if I'm marrying her im changing my name to a stereotypical step dad name. I came up with Gregg, any other suggestions?

Torque Wheelmaker.
Or Wolf.

Seriously go watch season 1 and 2 of futureman on Hulu. It’s great.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Finally watching Game of Thrones. I’m on episode 3 of season 2. Well produced show so far. Want to punch Joffrey.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Researching how much a skywriting campaign would cost. My client wants fresh ideas and they’re gonna get them.
Think about advertising above urinals at bars and restaurants?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

All good ideas. Keep them coming.

Have them sponsor a safe drug test tent at a rave and hand out branded glow sticks to the kids rollin’ on E.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Ads in the form of movie trivia questions before the movie. Make ‘em good too. Gain a following
, get hash tagged.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Fallom posted:

Cat dead; losing myself in setting up a home NAS? Beats drinking I guess

Ah gently caress, sorry brother. They’re hard to lose. You do you, and whatever makes it better.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Ehh Joe Rogan has his moments. I don’t listen regularly but his shows are usually well produced. Particularly for a free show.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

All of my podcasts I subscribe to are super nerdy- I watch/listen to Joe Rogan at my weed guys house whenever I’m trying to get high. I just roll my eyes at the MRA/Red Pill bullshit my weed guy (and sometimes old Joe) gets into. I like his stoner talk and mma talk. And I don’t particularly like mma.

So yeah, there you have it.

Gonna plug one of my favorite podcasts: I don’t even own a television. The Ready Player One and Snowcrash episodes made me cry they were so funny.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Sarah posted:

I like to live dangerously, I don’t have a case at all on my iPhone 8.

Same but 6S.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just woke up with a bit of an enlarged head from the booze yesterday, but it's alright:

My old man beat cancer :)

Great to hear!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

Bread rolls and butter.

It’s amazing what my wife can make our kids eat when it’s shoved in some bread.

Dude yeast rolls are the loving poo poo. I flirt with type 2 diabetes every thanksgiving when my wife makes dozens of yeast rolls. I’ll just eat those delicious sumbitches by themselves. Or with turkey and Mac and Cheese. God I’m getting fat thinking about it. Or at least erect.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

EBB posted:

I'll straight murder a sleeve of saltines

This but also: Box of Wheat Thins.

I’ve never known one to last 24 hours in my presence.

Bread and Crackers are my personal Vietnam.

Ooooohhh good bread? That Baguette they use for Banh Mi.

Delicious.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I can’t keep Costco muffins in the home anymore cause I’ll eat four in one sitting

or any of their baked poo poo really. Same with ice cream: mostly Trader Joe’s cookie butter ice cream 🤤

gently caress I love food. I have barely started cooking and I love it. Watching all the food-related poo poo on netflix. Home cooking has definitely helped me cut weight. Fresh & raw ingredients when I can.

Girlfriend doesn’t do meat so that’s never in the home—so I’ve heavily cut that out. I’m starting to drink the kool-aid that maybe avoiding or heavily cutting out meats and maybe even *gasp* being vegetarian or vegan is the future. But let’s not go down that rabbit hole.

But lol @ not eating eggs.

My old man has got me eating/liking this vegan beef substitute called Better than Beef. If your ever serious about going vegan they make decent burgers. We have a Memphis area chain called Huey’s, and they’re essentially famous for their burgers, they sell Better than Beef burgers now too. It’s a legit good product. Healthy too.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That is how German I am.

Listen, when me and my people think German we don’t think “Always pays their debts.”

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Taking the wife to Vegas in July- Anyone got recommendations on places to go things to do/see and restaurant suggestions and poo poo?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
[quote=

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Edit removed

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Edit removed

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Sorry my phone is hosed and pressing buttons when I’m not even touching the screen. Ghost phone, time to upgrade I guess.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

I haven’t. That’s intimidating to me.

You know a great (and funny) sci fi saga with multiple books is? The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy series. It’s a great read.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

EBB posted:

i am slowly consuming all the wax california has, it's me im the dry spell

Same, except gently caress slowly.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

EBB posted:

If you're why I can't get brite labs purple kush I'll have you know I had the best sleep of my life on it :mad:

That’s a strain I’ve yet to try. My flower guy here is pimping some big daddy kush for the low low price of $420 an oz and the poo poo isn’t even dried or cured right.

Thank allah or whoever you live in a legal state.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Man weed from legal states looks so much better than black market weed it’s not even funny. They look like two different species.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Haven't watched it yet but apparently a new episode of Archer popped out of fxx the other day.

It’s Archer meets The Expanse, in short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
WHOOP WHOOP
BLACK MIRROR SEASON 5 NOW ON NETFLIX
WHOOP WHOOP