Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

EBB posted:

man stew leonards isn't some little corner store, it's an experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPWwMBwYojI

I haven't been there since I was a very small child but I still remember the dancing Chiquita Banana/Carmen Miranda thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJqWMEnQ5U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Tally another vote for Waffle House. Just cooking the food to order puts it ahead of most other chain restaurants, and on top of that it's cheap and tasty.

e: and this is an odd thing to observe about a restaurant with thousands of locations, but the staff are consistently pretty chipper. No idea why that would be.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 14, 2019

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Casimir Radon posted:

Kind of serves you right. If you want steak do it yourself or go to a steakhouse. Their breakfasts are good.

I don't know if they're getting worse or I'm getting pickier, but I haven't had a really great steak at a restaurant in years. Even name-brand steakhouses (Morton's etc.) are an expensive crapshoot compared to buying a very nice cut of meat and doing it yourself.

e: also, "steakhouse style" sides are 100% disgusting greasy piles. Even spinach isn't safe from being pumped full of animal fat and garlic.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 14, 2019

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

DoktorLoken posted:

:stare:

Fun fact, he was a medic in the Army.

Do what you love, and you'll never work another day in your life.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BigDave posted:

Aww, they could have kept that going for at least two more seasons.

"WHY ARE YOU KILLING ME?!"

"YOU OWN A MINORITY STAKE IN A MUTUAL FUND THAT BOUGHT THE MINING COMPANY THAT EXTRACTED THE LEAD ORE THAT WAS SMELTED INTO A BULLET THAT WAS USED TO KILL MY FAMILY!!!"

The first season was dumb but, hell, I'd watch this.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Podcast and/or audiobook recommendations for a 14 hour drive? Gotta go to SC this weekend for a funeral.

not a recommendation so much as a resource but you're bound to find something interesting in here.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

joat mon posted:

*Even when they're in their 20s.

If she even lives that long!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Last month I moved to a place that's around the corner from a bakery. Bread loaves so fresh they're still steaming when I tear into them at home, for 1.00-2.50 a pop. I've demolished 3 or 4 a week since I got here.