Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

If I get conoravorus before the 11th well then I guess the Celine Dion concert is gonna have one hell of a lasting impression on some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I got a TV yesterday. Samsung series 7. The guy really, really wanted to sell me a series 8 for $350 more (drat near double what i was paying for the series 7). He showed me the difference between 60hz and 120hz and how it smooths out motion blur (I think that's what he was showing me) but for $350?

you could swap the two tvs out of my apartment interchangeably and i probably wouldn't know the difference.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Was walking around DC tonight and went to the waterfront metro. Was with a friend of mine (a woman).

Saw a woman outside of the entry gate thing looking really uncomfortable. I asked the woman with me to signal her and make sure she’s okay.

Before she had the chance some dude, drunk? high? crazy? All of the above, started screaming at her talking about how he was gonna gently caress her under the train and leave her brains on the tracks and poo poo. So my friend and I went and stood with her.

Took metro police like 10 loving minutes to show up. And the guys in the booth didn’t really seem interested in helping at all. They just stayed in their booth.

It must suck to be a woman in a world with men.

E: she said the dude followed her for several metro stations and was sitting next to her or across from her and just saying horrible nasty poo poo. What the gently caress man... nobody should have to experience that!

Woofer fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 5, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Why the hell are you still there?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I read that 18% of all federal workers in DC live in Montgomery County, where three covid cases have been confirmed.

Hell yeah the plague is definitely here y’all.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I haven’t slept good consistently for the last decade or so.

I’ve been given pills to help me sleep. I’ve done sleep studies. I’ve read stuff on proper sleep hygiene and put that stuff into practice. Nothing has ever worked. Recently I figured out something that actually does help.

Edibles.

I sleep through the night. I don’t wake up groggy. And I’m not risking getting addicted to something that could kill me.

I wish I had tried edibles as a sleep aid sooner.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I am really proud of this picture.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Thinking about getting this one framed.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The COO just postponed our stupid yearly jerkoff fest at work because of the rona.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

someone got the poo poo slapped out of them on the metro this morning.

all i heard was "COVER YOUR loving MOUTH" and then i looked over just in time to see the smack.

we were pulling into a stop and the guy who did the smacking got off there.

it was goddamn hilarious and while i normally don't agree with hitting people, i totally get it.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Celine Dion got postponed til November. Probably for the best but I’m still bummed.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’m also in DC, at the Dept of Health of all places.

Our COO just put out a video to all employees and he said “this is challenging for our nation, but our work goes on. Your work now is more important than ever, as we support our federal clients as they deal with keeping our country safe.” He goes on to mention how he is communicating with CDC to get guidance.

Fuuuuuuck yoooooou.

E: and I just saw some lady coughing all over the loving salad bar glass. Like yo, your goddamn boiled eggs aren’t so important that you can’t put the spoon down and cover your loving mouth. Jesus Christ, people.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 11, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The girl I share an office with has been coughing her rear end off for over a week. She took three days off last week because she was sick.

She asked our manager if she could go home and telework and the manager said no, because she was sick last week and “coughs tend to linger.”

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

HR got back to me about expensing a rideshare instead of the metro.

They told me to drive.

I don’t own a loving car.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/northern-virginia/person-struck-by-train-at-court-house-metro-station/2203296/

I don’t think I told the thread, but this is the girl I’ve been seeing for the last... umm... like 18 months?

Well they took her to GW. The bills have started trickling in and they are charging her loving five figures because GW is out of network.

She has a loving seizure and got hit by a goddamn train and had no say so over where the gently caress they took her.

gently caress this stupid country. Let it burn.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

What the gently caress man. Nobody should burst into tears because they got medical care.

First time something like this is hitting this close to me and gently caress... it’s just hopeless and deflating.

gently caress this country. I hope everyone keeping this stupid poo poo the status quo get coronavirus and die.

gently caress em.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Fallom posted:

I’m sorry. I’ve heard that insurance companies will sometimes decide to cover out of network emergency visits but it will be an uphill battle.

Are there any patient advocate type organizations that do that? She’s not the type to go to battle over something like this, and I’ll likely just flip the gently caress out.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

How is this not loving prosecutable. How is this not the very goddamn definition of rackateering.

SHE EVEN loving HAS INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!! What the gently caress else is she supposed to loving do? Just make her epilepsy loving disappear? Keep control of herself during a goddamn seizure? Convince the medics to not take her to the hospital when half her loving face is missing?

I’m just venting. I don’t expect any of these questions to have answers.

gently caress man.

gently caress.

What else was she supposed to do...

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I told her to lawyer up immediately. I’ll pay for it if it comes to that.

E: what type of lawyer?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’ve calmed down. Gonna just kind of sleep on it and figure it out tomorrow. Not much can be done at 9pm.

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for the advice. I’ll check in later maybe with more questions or updates.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

HR emailed me asking how much an Uber is on my morning commute since I’d rather not take the metro, because they will see if they can cover part of the cost.

I told them how much and asked if it would be an offer extended to other employees that rely solely on the metro, since I’m in no way special and not the only one impacted, not to mention part of a low-risk of fatality demographic.

JUST LET US loving TELEWORK!!!

e: gently caress this just doesn't seem like a good time to have huge loving medical bills.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 12, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Can I really not get a new pair of glasses if my prescription is expired or is the eye doctor I requested my prescription from blowing smoke?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've been in pajama pants for days. It's the only way to live in a crisis.

When it's cold I put on my army ninja suit under PJs. Love my 15 year old ninja suits.

I just did a conference call in my underwear. Owns.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

We were told to work from home starting Monday.

We migrated to a new timesheet system that rolled out Monday.

Our IT staff are having perpetual Mondays as a result.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Gordon Ramsey’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back is so ridiculous. I feel like I’m watching a Scooby Doo reveal every episode.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Medal of Pawnor, imho

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Honesty I’ve just been losing my mind. I need to pick up an indoor hobby.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

My apartment management company changed our payment portal from whatever to entrada. It got implemented since last month’s rent was paid.

Not a single auto draft went through in the new system for any resident at any of the dozen or so properties they own in northern VA.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Kind of a seriouspost: Since everyone is on telework status and nobody is in the office, would I be socially irresponsible if I went to the office to work? I live a 10 minute walk away and could even take Monty.

I just need a change of scenery.

And since I live in a studio it means my office is also my bedroom, kitchen, living room, etc. which is a bummer.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Yeah I figured it wasn’t a good idea. There are separate cubes but it’s still open air.

Admittedly I was kind of just fishing for someone to say it’s not a big deal.

Maybe I’ll just start breaking down my workstation every evening like I’m leaving the office instead of leaving it in eyesight 24/7. Feeling like I’m always at work is stressing me out (on top of everything else that is stressful right now).

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Got promoted and a 15% raise today.

And also a bonus that will be vested in 3 years. In the meantime it’s invested in the market lol

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Nick Soapdish posted:

True, this might turn out the best for him. I suppose it was more just a reflex response to getting any in the markets during this time of them trying to do any and everything to keep the number green

Yeah I’m fine with it being invested in the market, it’s just funny timing. All things considered though having my bonus now and setting it aside as a nest egg would make me feel a little more comfortable. Then again I guess a promotion and raise is a sign of job security.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

50 years ago we put a man on the moon allegedly :tinfoil:

You mean to tell me the Dept of Health can’t reset my smart card pin over the phone?

This is why people think we fakes the moon landings.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

MA-Horus posted:

Well technically 50 years ago we brought 3 guys back from the moon while by all measures they should have died

Well if we are going to be pedantic then that didn’t happen 50 years ago either unless it happened on April 13.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I don’t want to know any more details about collecting your piss for 24 hours. Nothing else needs to be said about it.

But I hope you get better dude.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Does the SE have force touch because I’ve learned that that’s actually a dealbreaker for me

E: doesn’t look like it :(

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The phone I like is better than the phone you like that’s why I like the phone I like and not the phone you like.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I use Mint mobile with my iPhone.

$240/year gets you 12 gigs a month.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

When I got my wisdom teeth out it was a reminder that I should never do hard drugs because I really, really enjoyed the gas and would stay that way if I could. I vaguely remember hanging my head out of my mom’s car window singing I Got The Power with a mouth full of blood and gauze.

E: now that I think of it, this was my first experience with anything other than weed so maybe that’s what kicked off my love affair with benzos.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I don’t have a fan in my apt so if my window isn’t open my AC has a fan mode to circulate air. But not all ACs have fan modes so before this I would run it even if the temp wasn’t an issue.

Still air bothers me a lot for some reason.