Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

Went and yelled at some marines, ended up with a captain's phone number. I'm not gonna call her though because it's a colossally bad idea that would basically require me to change contracts. 110% can't happen.

In my defense, strong willed fit brown women are my kryptonite and gat dang.

IT BEGINS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

Nah, I'm fine now. It took some time getting used to things like "responsibility" and "deadlines" but as I've taken to telling people "The building might be on fire but my job is to wash the windows".

I had several 'come to jesus' meetings with the person I'm replacing, my client, and my leadership this week and we're all on the same page for now. My team has a very specific task to do, and nobody is gonna gently caress with us doing it.

It's just incredibly amusing to me because I've spent most of my adult life trying to be as far away from the flagpole as I can and welp, now I get to see how this side of business works.

Our most formidable institutions getting shellaked. Sounds like they can't afford to lose you.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I'm just really banking on getting a robot body that I'll.be able.to work forever in so I can pay for upgrades

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Rat posted:

If I didn't have a gf currently, I honestly wouldn't mind going back to contracting. The money was good, the FOB life was pretty routine and I was able to keep a regular gym routine.

That's tech contracting though. Wouldn't do security contracting again.

Contracting for the mercurial trump administration seems like a lose/lose proposition in my mind.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Did the defender from San Diego get beat down so he had two black eyes too?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

pissssssssssssssssss

i have to get a professional headshot done

wish they would just give me a real headshot

i've become everything i hate

Better lean into it, whore. Uncle Sam wants a return on his investment

Edit: Food in Boulder is loving bullshit. Colorado is like a loving good restaurant desert. Dever has a couple OK spots but holy poo poo I did not realize how many lightyears New Orleans was ahead of middle america when it comes to food / drinks

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Fallom posted:

I haven’t really been able to find good Mexican in Denver. Everybody acts like hole-in-the-wall joints are supposed to all be amazing but my experience hasn’t been great.

Its this x1000000 people around here talk about restaurants like they're the second coming of christ and they're all usually pretty disappointing. Da Gee on the outskirts of Denver is probably my favorite restaurant around here and it's not that impressive for korean BBQ.

Southmouth wings and the Sun brewery's / pizzarias are the only restaurants I'd actually recommend around here. For a city with such a granola-y reputation there aren't even very many good vegetarian / vegan restaurants. It's loving bullshit!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

No it's an ale, supposedly middle of the road and mellow.

It does have too much hops though for an ale though, even if it doesn't specifically advertise it.

Do they not have kegs tapped at work for you?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

colachute posted:

What I’m trying to wrap my head around though, is how someone was even able to cash such a large check? You need ID for that right? This is kind of rhetorical but if anyone has insight I’ll take it but... can someone really be that stupid?

People that are passing bad checks oftentimes also have some type of addiction issues going on as well. So yes, they can be that dumb.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

I got multiple chainsaws, a flamethrower, a generator and 400 gallons of propane.

Doesn’t snow enough for a snow blower. I’ll be most likely clearing trees most of the weekend.

This was yesterday. Only two inches but it’s stuck around.

Gonna need more than that to shred bra

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Tell the top dog that this puke VP makes your office want to organize and form a union

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

We got a little snow last night.

loving sick bro time to get some steezy lines

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I live in Colorado and shamefully don't have snow tires on my truck, which is a rear wheel drive POS. Previously Id use my Passat for driving up / into the mountains during snow season but it was sadly retired last year so now I have to hitch rides like a little bitch.

Good tires can't make up for bad driving though. I've seen plenty of big wrecks on I-70 featuring late model luxury SUVs with snow tires where the dipshit driver managed to flip their car because they lost control for whatever reason. You can manage around here on the highways without snow tires for the most part, but you do have to drive like a granny and be cognizant of stopping on icy inclines because you might not get going again.

In summation of I had money I would definitely buy a more suitable vehicle and tires for the region, bit I don't.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

My desk is literally where the old lead was, everyone defers to me for everything when my boss physically asks a question, I'm on every email, lead every meeting, like...what.

Like I've been here 10 hellish weeks and 8 of them I've been very, very clearly identified as top dog here.

I had a good laugh about how loving oblivious you have to be.

I imagine quite a few Pentagon cats started drinking in the mornings about 6 months ago

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Beans in chili. I sometimes add peanuts too.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
That dude is gonna get clocked by that ball!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Steal your share of the 30 trillion in wealth the boomers have ferreted away by any means necessary

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I wake up and chug two monsters before hitting the shower and starting my day.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
So youn fired a qualified applicant for failing to pay the last of his unconscionably high educational costs?

Edit: that's the royal you, I know you aren't personally responsible

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Love porous, hard to clean surfaces near my splattering stove top. That wood is gonna be loving gross as soon as someone who likes to cook moves in.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Slim Pickens posted:

Speaking of societies that'll start fights over really old poo poo, is there a drink that pisses off the South that much? Do we need to make one, like 1 shot wild turkey 101, 1 shot sweet tea vodka, set it on fire and call it a general Sherman?

The juneteenth episode of ATL Has a pretty good list of drinks. I think "slavemaster poison" was among them.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
DC cabbies are worth it if you need to get someplace because they know how to avoid congestion where uber drivers will just loving sit there for days waiting for poo poo to ease up.

Source: my trip to DC for Equal Just Works

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Handsome Ralph posted:

This is my biggest gripe with it. Kinda wish they would at the very least, let you use music streaming for free (I use Google play so I mean, come on).

Still though, service is pretty good and my bill is never more than 50 a month but usually averages 35-40. When I had TMobile it was usually 70 a month for one line.

That sounds like a huge improvement?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Handsome Ralph posted:

lol it's cool.

Pros: my knees still work. No signs of crippling alcoholism. Not divorced at age 25. Not thanked for my service every time I travel.

Cons: had to pay for college. No free meals on veterans day. No VA loans for me.

Seriously I wish I could tell 22 year old me that everything would be fine even if I didn't commission despite some dipshit major telling me I'd never do anything cool or amount to anything unless I commissioned. Also helps that every time I've conversed with someone here off-site and they forget I didn't serve, the next words out of their mouth when I tell them I didn't is some variation of

"Wow, good call!"

Well I mean I still post here voluntarily...soooooo

You think you're loving better than me because you didn't get divorced at 25?!?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mustang posted:

How are WA drivers so loving awful? Every other time I drive up to Seattle there's a wreck that essentially shuts down I-5. How? Driving on the interstate isn't hard.

Theyre drunk as poo poo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Bunch of dry guys itt

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Behind a medal of honor recipient in the burger king drive thru. At least according to the license plate.

give em a little taperoo and see if you can identify them before they end your life

Vasudus posted:

I've started the process of getting the gently caress out of my current contract. Small business partner is going to take 2 of my 5 spots so I'm using it as an excuse to eject. Told my PM that my deputy is fully capable of taking over and to give my spot to our partner.

Now to schedule a for-real meeting with my next prospective PM (probably over beer) and get a seat at the table for his new work that's starting up in September.

It's with the VA :smithicide:

Hmm sounds like a lack of heart

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

i'm about to visit whole foods the day before easter

because i want some bacon from the buffet

pray for me goons

You know you can microwave bacon from the comfort of your own home without brushing shoulders with the unvaccinated masses, hopped up on colodial silver, at Whole foods right?

Like all you need are a plate, bacon, and some paper towels. It's fast, too.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know you're not serious, but good God, this post is triggering me hard

It's cheaper too! Great for your Keto diet as well. You can eat bacon for a quick snack or have a whole pound for a meal

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

Well he didn’t join in on a conversation about scarlet Johansson’s terrible new tattoo and who we would be a terrible disappointment to.

It’s above average for IT.

Homeschooled.

Lol at a homeschooled enlistee talking about naivete

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MA-Horus posted:

going to Miami SOUTH BEACH BABY WOO for a long weekend

getting put up in the GF's dad's condo right on the beach

we have a wrangler to gently caress around with all weekend

I'm temped to pull the roof/doors off that fucker but do not want to blind incoming traffic with my pasty white Ontario skin

Anyone got suggestions for good poo poo to do/see? I've got Wynwood walls/breweries and not much else.

Eat as much carribean / Cuban food as you can. Definitely drink some mamjuana and enjoy the beauty while it lasts

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

didn’t satellite radio go the route of offering a decent affordable product then steadily making it worse via price gouging and adding—more?—commercials and ads?

Yeah and the two competing company were able to combine into a single monopoly because of the impending entry of apps like spotify and Pandora into the marketplace.

Satellite radio is not my favorite, though there have been times driving through rural Colorado when I wished I had something

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Woof Blitzer posted:

I felt like I got epilepsy watching that dumb movie

Lol dusted by marvel entertainment

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

Man I just punked and I’m so pissed.

My contractor company is supplied two vehicles by the government but they don’t come with parking spots within .5 miles of our field office. We had parking but DLA decided they needed a lot for letting pallets rot in the sun last year. I noticed our docking bay had about 20 pallets of poo poo and a 5500 lb counterweight blocking a spot so I junked everything and got the weight moved. Finally able to park our car during the day.

The govy building janitor swept in and took the spot for his van.

It was his poo poo i cleaned up.

slash those tires loc

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol yeah the JAG corps is character building I'm sure. This dude got 7 years of education to commission and recruit community college students.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah well you can't hug with nuclear arms so think about that

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Wasabi the J posted:

Just be conscious that some of Chernobyl is being dramatized by a huge capitalist multinational company.

They're going to simultaneously blame problems on and forgive plotholes by communism and it's going undermine some of the message a bit.

Uhh yeah I'm sure HBO had a real axe to grind against Soviet Russia that's completely inaccurate. It's a dramatization, not an incident report. If you wanna read about how hosed the response was all you have to do is read any of the multitude of books on the topic.

Also what message are you talking about?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

I mean the entire Chernobyl event was basically the most Soviet thing ever from the ground up.

That's not to say other countries don't have their own nuclear fuckups. But goddamn.

Yeah three mile island is a great example of terrible operating by the USA that didn't result in a catastrophe exclusively as a consequence of reactor design that made it inherently stable.

And it was enough to get all the NIMBY fucks up in arms to kill the industry and speed our current climate disaster.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Sarah posted:

There’s so much overgrowth and weeding that needs to be done that planting flowers without doing that would just be silly. The previous owners moved into a condo after listing their house. It was on the market for over 180 days with two failed sells. They didn’t come back and take care of anything.

You should look into what kind of ferns/trees/plants grow naturally wherever you're at, since they'll require the least amount of onerous upkeep. Aside from that I'd start by planting whatever trees you want for shade / privacy / cover and then plan the remainder based on how large those trees generally grow.

I'm not a big fan of grass yards with a garden because of the significant amount of work each entails so maybe looking at setting some kind of brick / stone / gravel walkways would be pretty good. The best place to start would be with a measurement of the space you have available, the placement of any utility lines that might lie under the property, and an idea of what you'd like the space to look like when you're finished.

The cool thing about home improvement is that they are retained in the value of the home if they are done well, so it makes sense to approach it with a vision and make sure it's done well so that it will last imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wow Salida Co. Is one of the prettiest places I've ever lived.

Cops here are loving stupid though.