Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
t470 thinkpad is pretty sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

holocaust bloopers posted:

Denver people:

Any recommendations on where to eat or drink in the city? We're probably spending the 4th in the city to avoid the crowd at Rocky Mountain NP.

The water course is pretty good for vegan food. Other than that I haven't had too many memorable meals in denver.

...Except for Da-gee, a Korean BBQ place on the edge of town. That place was loving great.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Flying_Crab posted:

um don't knock it, it works really well for searing meat since it's basically eggs and oil.

:science: Maillard reaction

No Peg

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

It's even more tempting because I'm radically changing my diet and require a ton of protein now so having stuff like a ready supply of jerky is ideal, because that poo poo is expensive and I hate goddamn shakes.

So the DoD contracted you to develop a knew form of knock-out gas eh?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The finished product, uh...spillage already accounted for.

Stupid-good.

mmm tar strips please send me some

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Whether I walk to get my J.D. depends on when the ceremony is scheduled

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

i cannot wait for school to start again

there is an entire army of small children running around outside my window from sun up to sun down every day that scream at the top of their lungs on a regular basis

it's me, the cranky old man

Take comfort that they simply don't know what Is in store for their generation!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
those look like cupcakes you lying jerry

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Made some lumpy cupcakes, called them muffins. Smh

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I've oriented so much of my life around getting good sleep. After going a few years on Sleepy-time fumes I never want to live like that again

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I don't think modern conventions on what kind of portrayals are comedic or appropriate would be where they are without those works and the commentary they evoked.

Makes u think?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah I'd recommend eldora too. Way less of a traffic headache. It's a locals mountain that has been getting kind of built up recently. Has a total beginner area and a little section with baby greens that would be good for kids to learn on.

That's also the high season for most mountains so wherever you go you're gonna wanna look into how to get discount tickets. Lift passes around xmas can run $100+ for a single day at some mountains.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did I mention The Terror: Infamy is good?

Because The Terror: Infamy is good.

Seemed like TV:IV didn't think too highly of it. I still haven't watched any episodes; does it contain the slow burn intensity of the first season?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Can't you just borrow against the equity so you don't pay any penalties? (I don't know what any.ofmthis means)

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 20, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

colachute posted:

A friend of mine is going to San Diego. He’s not there for very long so if there are three things he should do while there, what are they?

Brewery tour, surf, eat burritos

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

colachute posted:

I just got briefed on the new project I’ll be on in a few weeks and I just have one question in light of that:

How the gently caress do some government agencies, in the year two thousand nineteen, not have a central searchable database for regulations (except for — and I’m not making this up — google)?

Oh well, more billable hours for us.

They do on Westlaw / Lexis. All agency regulations, comments , etc etc are available. I'm pretty sure there are also centralized databases for all Federal regulations, though whether those are divided by agency I'm not sure.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
These mountains need to get a dusting bro so I can work on my butter styles asap

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I'm getting uncomfortable in the dad thread

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
They are difficult to notice at some restaurants, though I can always tell because I end up paying more than I feel I should...

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
If I wanted meat without a soul I'd just eat the fake meat

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
You miss all the shots you don't take - Wayne Grentzyky - Michael Scott

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
When do we start getting cyberware to go with my truck? Will nationalizing healthcare markets slow or speed up that process?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hell yeah time to bet on a functioning government! The house always wins!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Either way, you get to gently caress over someone who didn't see the light at the end of their first enlistment, and that just seems worth wasting some time on.

Oh, I had one of those "we might hire someone you might know" OPM cards on my door today. Called and asked who it was about, said I didn't know them (because I don't, just a neighbor), but that I think they're the narc that got the apartment complex to send me a love letter about all the weed smoke. Also that his truck and motorcycle tags are expired.

He's def military. Hiding his expired texas tag by using his front plate on the back. Need to call and have his poo poo towed.

Trying to gently caress people over on unsubstantiated suspicions is uh, not a good look.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Sarah posted:

My VA has most channels blocked. No news, ESPN, or local channels. Basically all the TVs are on discovery channel, food network, or TV Land. 99% of them are on TV Land.

Really leaning into the waiting room for hell thing

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Semi-charmed life is a banger from front to back

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

EBB posted:

how do you not know how to slice bread

I tear my crusts off

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MA-Horus posted:

Take my beer from my cold dead hands.
Also sugar free energy drinks. I drink a sugar-free monster as a pre-workout, and I know that poo poo ain't good for you.

I don't think it's really any worse than pre-workout mix. People have been telling me that energy drinks are bad for you for a while but my heart rate / BP / blood work are all clean and I drink em most days.

That said I think I'm gonna take a break after exams are done because I'm back to deployment level consumption

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

holocaust bloopers posted:

Mr Robot stuck the landing. What a show.

I didn't really dig the ending as much as I thought I would

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Bernard Sanders?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mustang posted:

Any of you guys lift a lot? I've been lifting for years but usually only 3, maybe 4 days a week because I had to balance it with also doing Army PT.

But now I'm out of the Army and focusing exclusively on lifting and started a 6 days a week program, essentially Legs/Push/Pull each twice a week.

What I'm running into is when I wake up in the morning I feel wrecked and lethargic as hell and if lifting first thing in the morning also I feel weaker than normal. I feel fine if I lift around lunch or later.

Never ran into this issue where I feel so worn out when I wake up.

each muscle group 2x a week is pretty serious if you have any other obligations whatsoever. If you're working right now you might wanna cut it down to 4 times a week with some cardio and stretching on other days.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Parasite was excellent imo.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hey Duzzy, I'm headed to Berlin in March, you got any insights or suggestions you'd care to share?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Flying_Crab posted:

Not Duzzy but I've spent a few months in Berlin, these are some spots I liked quite a bit:

Hell yeah. Thanks a ton, i appreciate it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Well there is also the consideration of time you can spend with your new family huh? Dunno what Coast Guard command changes entail or if you ever deploy or do anything useful...

Seems like a pittance to me but I hated what I did in the navy so ymmv. I think a lot of people pull down 3.6k on disability rating payments alone each year. Tax free at that.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Went up into Park county today, talked to some locals, looked at some lots, mostly scoped out general areas with proximity to parks or BLM land.

Goddamn it's beautiful up there. Absolutely walled in by mountains.

Yeah that area is real pretty, has some pretty wild summer storms at times too.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Chimichurri is always a good choice.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Oh man, me and my brother and cousins all watched some of Paul Blart while getting prepped for a smokey mountain camping trip. It was hilariously awful. Just terrible from start to end.

That said Punch Drunk Love and Uncut Gems were both awesome films that strive to make their audience uncomfortable. I think both accomplish this very effectively. I grew up on Sandler's classics and I can't watch most of his more recent films, but I think he's a pretty capable dramatic actor.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welp, overdid it again. Two more lamps.
I'm now blasting my chilis with like 220 Watts of LED growing lamps.

You have a grow setup in a sub-400 square foot apartment? Seems like a big project for that sized space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's y'all's desktop security setup in terms of programs for anti-malware/AV-stuff?
I'm thinking of actually shelling out some monthly dough for a subscription instead of just doing ye olde freeware, but I'm looking for a deal that covers adware/malware too. I'm allowing for my customer preferences being out-dated because the last time I paid money for antivirus programs, malware-detection/prevention was still not included in complete packages.

Windows defender and being smart about what you click on + adblocker and regular updates of all my browser software.

Haven't had a problem in many years but I don't really do much online to increase my surface area. I also generally keep anything important / confidential /finance related on a thumb drive that I keep separate and off my laptop.

That said all my pedigree info has been stolen at least twice (OPM and Equifax) so whatever