Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Weirdly, Jim Carrey is in to painting politics. Probably one of the more therapeutic approaches to the current hell world I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ukraine: gross negligence

Fukushima: act of god and engineering oversights

Nuclear is bad you see

God DAMMIT does it piss me off to hear stupid mouth breathing assholes spout off about the dangers of Fukushima. loving 9.0 earthquake and 20 foot tidal wave and THAT is the worst it got? Hit rewind and put an oil refinery right next to Fukushima, tell me how that works out for the local landscape.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

This is going to hurt my brain isn't it?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

The Rat posted:

Just lol if you don't have the MGS codec call as your ring tone and "!" as your text sound

This is the correct answer.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wait like the whole show? Cause drat that’s a lot of episodes for something required. Of course we can assume it’s the newer series too.

Started off real strong. First 1 to 1.5 or 2.5 or so seasons are some of the best ever on TV. Some pointless episodes like the mob boss, workers strike, and prostitution one. Yeah yeah the horrors of war and these things would develop given the circumstances whatever.

But man that ending. Hell, even the last few episodes were cheese but still fun and enjoyable until the ending. I think I read an alternative ending they had planned before the strike: show ends with Galactica being found under a Mayan pyramid I believe. I really need to get it on blu-Ray and watch it through again. It really does hold up well

Don’t forget all the side movies and mini web series that are a bit all over. Blood and Chrome was pretty bad overall, but it did give us more BSG

It's still worth owning (that's what I tell myself every time I see the disc set on my shelf) because yeah it was seasons and seasons of really, really good TV. I just know in advance that ending is going to suck so much rear end. Sigh.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Read the first book. Maybe the second. The rest do not exist in a just and fair universe.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I remember reading about space nun ninjas using sex to mind control people and giving up on the rest of the books.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

bengy81 posted:

So I'm on a work trip this weekend, we are doing training on some Salesforce modules, and it sucks. Besides the fact that Salesforce and ServiceMax are mostly broken, I got a job offer yesterday that I'm pretty sure I'm going to take, so dealing with a working weekend has been extra agonizing.
So I spent all day today fantasizing about not working this job anymore, but I cant help but feel kind of slimy that I'm going to call my boss first thing Monday morning and give my notice.
Anyhow, being an adult sucks, there is no reason I should care about quitting this awful job, but for some reason I do.

In other news, I got a couple fig tree cuttings in the mail that I'm pretty excited about. Hopefully my wife doesnt kill them before I get home.

Don't ever, ever feel bad for quitting. If you give your two weeks notice you've covered your bases, and they'd for god drat sure cut you loose in a heart beat without a single care in the world.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm not a fan of dentists either. An army dentist hosed my trust in them forever. I'll be visiting one of those anchor mount denture places in the inevitable future. They're gonna need a lot of knock out juice when that happens, since thc can gently caress with how your body takes to anesthesia. I'll fly my brother out here to drive my rear end there and back and take care of any animals I have, while I drool and bitch about my own stupidity.

Just going to have them chiseled the gently caress out, wisdom teeth too. The army didn't get those from me, they were "coming in straight" at the time. Thanks army.

Also, depression is a motherfucker on teeth. So are stairs when I drink.

On the plus side, I have a resilient immune system and am a low infection risk, for some reason.

What the gently caress? My wisdom teeth were already in perfectly straight and because I was loving old when I joined they were already completely in place and causing no problems but they pulled them anyway.

Assholes.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Removing my four wisdom teeth was about a 20 minute process. They were already fully in place so he basically put a fancy dental pliers around them and popped them out with just his forearms. In and out, healed up totally in a few days no dry socket, no stitches, barely any bleeding, nothing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hey don't worry we have a steady, mature hand on the tiller of the ship of state and everyone learned their lessons from a 2008 real estate market crash.

*wakes up from coma and gets a phone call from 2016*

We're hosed.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ElMaligno posted:

I'm at work and we are watching Ken Burns documentary, had to explain a coworker a lil bit about the south vietnam coup, how he was roman catholic , and how he used that to justify killing people.

He started "tut-tuting" me on how he was no christian because he was killing people. I told he he was, he was killing people and kept on explaning poo poo because apparently this dude knows nothing about vietnam.

How are Americans so god drat brain-blisteringly stupid about anything historic? Not asking for doctoral thesis about ancient Sumerian social organization or something, just basic poo poo like "No the civil war did not end racism, yes we did horrific poo poo in Vietnam"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Can anyone recommend me a show which is anywhere near as good as Chernobyl?

I really want to find another good space show. The BBC are putting one out on the planets soon arent they?

Have you watched The Expanse?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

McNally posted:

I'm getting reports that the admins want to end the deployment of the Marine thread but it is currently missing. If anyone knows of its whereabouts, please speak up.

Marine thread is still stuck in the cycle asylum, been waiting on orders for a month or so now I think. Kinda hoping it ends up in like BYOB or something cool and different.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
This morning it was a pretty solid downpour. Now it's bright and hot sun, but none of the drying out part. I can still see puddles everywhere and wet spots under cars that haven't moved. loving DC area isn't even nice enough to properly suck or blow because either way the air wouldn't feel like a motionless mass of heat, moisture, and misery.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Impossible meat is a lot better than the Shadowrun-esque Soykaf and mycoprotein slurry I was expecting so I'll take it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

not caring here posted:

That is a serious amount of yak

Pretty pro parenting there too, didn't even bat an eye at it. "Yup, kid barfed again. Pretty kitty walking around!"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nick Soapdish posted:

Didn't that dude give up like less than five miles in and in a park?

Going off memory he took his idiot stroller through a low rank hiking trail, made it like two miles before the wheels busted off, then like three more miles on his own and then gave up.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Gamma powered black fungus? I thought the writer's strike was over, why does reality keep recycling stuff that would be low-brow in a DC comic?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vasudus posted:

I can mostly deal with this now.

I don't care if YouTube thinks that I'm British.

Also I'm going to listen the gently caress out of that quantum presentation later.

25x25 merciless MicroRim? Man I always play on stonkin' huge maps. Never thought of super tiny ones. I like lots of room for my cybered up Jedi Cthulhu-cultists to ride their combat armored laser-T-rexes into battle against the orcish hordes.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Suntan Boy posted:

Man, I didn't have high hopes for Dark Phoenix, but it's been a while since I was actually bored at a movie. Should've just stayed home and worked on my paper.

I don't know what I was expecting, really.

Which is kinda sad because I really enjoyed X-Men as a kid and they have a lot of good source material to work with but they just keep wet farting their way through the movies. Guess we know who won the Marvel/DC rivalry.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is it their own money on the line or something? I just cannot comprehend getting that angry about something happening at work unless it was.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Pick a not terrible form of exercise? Something that hurts your joints less like, I dunno, slamming your limbs in a car door for an hour or so. I do martial arts and even if I'm full on jump kicking poo poo for half an hour it's a cushioned bag designed to not gently caress up your skeleton in exchange for exercising. I'm on disability with rods and screws over various parts of my body from the poo poo running did to me and I hate that form of exercise with a passion because of it, so I've had to do a fair amount of investigating of alternatives.

If you have a YMCA nearby they tend to have pools that have shallow parts that are set aside for old broken people to do non-impact exercises in and that is some seriously good poo poo. There's membership free-time most of the time and then some of the bigger YMCAs will do stuff like pool yoga that doesn't hurt.

Well OK, doesn't hurt your joints. Muscles are a different story. Yoga is some bonkers poo poo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
loving stupid Army running has parts of me with plates, pins and screws. Possibly also IOTV since I had the first gen and every single ounce of your gear hung off your shoulders. Saw a later generation after I got done with my degree and holy gently caress does that elastic waistbelt help.

Probably also loving stupid Army running IN IOTV because why not break people as fast as possible in as dumb a way as possible.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nice and hot piss posted:

Had someone come into the e.d a while ago who had a seizure. They stopped taking their seizure meds about a week prior and we're using cbd oil. Surprise.

I can only imagine there is a correlation to managing seizures with CBD oil since there is some backed research but I don't believe that the poo poo you get at a pot shop is what you want to use in lieu of medicine that probably had a bunch of medical researchers and biochemists create...

But that comes from big pharma and it's all chemicals and toxins. If it's natural it's good for you.

*Gets bit by a venomous snake*

It's natural!

*Dies naturally*

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

holocaust bloopers posted:

this is a metaphor for 2016-present day

Not buying it. Slamming in to the wall improved the situation by lowering the hood. We just keep slamming into walls yelling, "I MEANT TO DO THAT."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I bailed on a lovely job after two months because the stupid fuckers got the job description wrong and hosed with my hours after joining. Went from taking the train in to Philly to having to commute up 76 every single day. Never felt a moment's sympathy for them, and even gave them two week's notice. gently caress them, look out for number 1 all day every day.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

EBB posted:

I had an impossible meatball sub a couple weeks ago and couldn't tell the difference.

Cheesecake Factory carries the impossible burger. No idea why but I figured, "Screw it!"

Pretty good, couldn't tell the difference either.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vasudus posted:

Why yes, I do have PMP, LSSBB at the end of my signature block how did you know.

I mean I'd do it too for the paycheck but hopefully it's at least a little bit embarrassing. All that stuff has some purpose I'm sure but the cult that sprang up around it feels a half step short of being motivational speakers.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ribbon cables and those little plastic clips they go in to are the invention of the devil. They alone are about half the reason I refuse to work on cell phones, tablets, laptops etc.

Them and loving glue holding together like 80% of everything today.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

good luck

invest in good tweezers and a magnifying glass

Work mat. Some kind of work mat on a large bench to catch the one stupid-tiny part you're going to inevitably drop. Guarantee if that fucker gets to carpeting you're done for.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Season 3 of Stranger Things is pretty good. Wife lost interest and stopped in Season 1 but even she was laughing at the Neverending Story theme song.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
We had to deal with some of that poo poo when my dad died as well, they tried to loot his workshop for all his woodworking tools and machinery and then call the cops on us for it. People are lovely.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Slim Pickens posted:

I still date all my signatures like that, it's just automatic

Anything, ANYTHING, is better than poo poo stains who date stuff '09112019' and poo poo. I do not want to do differential equations and archeology to figure out what the gently caress date you are writing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I hate talking. Spent two days training someone on the system I work with, doing a lot of talking of course. By the end I could taste a little blood and ended up getting bronchitis before it totally healed.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Our dehydrator does a lot more fruits than it does beef jerky. Mango slices are amazing, but I can never get apple chips or banana chips as bone-dry crispy/chippy as store bought ones. I assume they use something crazier than a counter top dehydrator so I stopped trying for that and just roll with stuff that's good closer to a jerky consistency than chips.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vasudus posted:

WHY IS IT SO HOT

I keep my phone in my car during the day since I can't bring it on to work. Came out for lunch today and it had a big red exclamation mark on it, "Your device is overheating, you can only call 911 until it cools off."

Kinda wild, never saw that before.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Handsome Ralph posted:

Twitter seems to hate it, twitter is dumb.

This poo poo owns.

It's pretty nice.

The only thing that sucks is after two years, they up the price to stupid amounts unless you threaten to walk or end your service and have a spouse or something sign up.

poo poo you live in the same place for more than two years? I loving wish.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Wasabi the J posted:

I think the biggest thing to actually help me sec+ was just writing down the definitions. Over and over.

Flash cards. Walked around with them for a month or so. Got ten minutes? Go over whether triple DES is symmetric or asymmetric and considered insecure.

Hate that I still remember that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Sounds a lot like Watchmen. Went in to that movie totally ignorant of what it was and boy howdy was I ever NOT expecting that. Thought it was gonna be another super hero flick, now I own the DVD.