Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
May 17th.

https://twitter.com/JohnWickMovie/status/1085948858058694656?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1092232459142529035

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Tune out. Do everything possible to get your loved ones the gently caress home and keep them there. Video chat (facetime/google duo) with them every now and then if you're apart. Donate to good causes if you're in the financial position to do so. Raid your garage/attic/closet for any medical supplies you don't need and donate those too. Consider giving blood.

It also doesn't hurt to figure out what brings about your brain's dread signal. As it turns out - mine is working from home in silence, then feeding it news. I absolutely need some kind of non-news noise in the background to stop those thoughts from going cyclical.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

After two and a half months of fighting off covid and just 4 days shy of two months in the hospital, my dad walked out the door today (with a walker) and is heading home.

Best news I've read in a while, I hope we helped in our little ways!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

There was a different video but I can’t find it at the moment. Ford has a front facing camera to check your blind spot. Guy in the drivers seat has camera looking at his perspective and everything looks clear but then pans to his front camera and there’s a corvette there.

Think I found it: https://youtu.be/dQoQoo78jDM

There were a TON of kid line-up-in-front-of-SUV videos and I'm just wondering how much wrangling of the kids were involved in all of those!

Maybe a Tesla has computer-controlled blind spots :v:

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 9, 2023

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah that's a proper truck. I found the one I was looking for but don't know how to inline a video from reddit.

goddamn, you'd think the high ride-height would eliminate some of that dead zone, but gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

M_Gargantua posted:

I'm also all in on team yellow and haven't had a dud product from Dewalt yet.

Yeah, I haven't had a single DeWalt tool treat me wrong

... until I go to my mom or dad's house where they suddenly need something fixed and I didn't bring my tools. So, they now both have $200 Ryobi megacombo kits for when I forget/don't bring my DeWalt stuff along. The DeWalt stuff clearly seems to be better and longer-lasting, but those Ryobi combination packages are perfect price/performance ratio for those situations.