Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I just quit my job because I can’t do this work. There’s too much and I cannot separate work/home. I’d get home at 6:30-7:00 most nights and immediately fall asleep from exhaustion. I’m miserable and feel like a complete moron at work. I don’t know what I’m going to do, but I know criminal defense is not for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Two and a half months ago.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was just doing indigent veteran work before. Then I got hired at the private criminal defense firm. And now I’m unemployed again woooooo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DownByTheWooter posted:

drat, sorry that didn't work out
hugs bro

Thanks. It’s life. I’m too broke brained to do work this serious. I need to find myself something significantly less demanding.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m looking to do some of that, shim. No one in town does discharge upgrades so I can definitely carve out a niche.

Also florida does have legal medical weed and growhouses near me that need help. I’m probably applying there at least in the short term.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

There was an insurance thread or derail in AI a while back. Geico generated a couple of horror stories that ended with (successful) lawsuits because of how bad the offered payouts were. IIRC one dude had a thousands-of-dollars mountain bike stolen that Geico offered Walmart bike value for, and another had a restored 60s Impala get totaled that they offered low 4-digits for.

Here's the thing to remember about insurance: (to a point) it's not what you pay in premiums, it's how well it protects/helps you AFTER poo poo hits the fan. My only USAA insurance experience was when I had major roof damage from tornadic storms...it was as straightforward as I could've hoped. Homeowners!=auto, though.

Good luck man. Hopefully you land on your feet, and that vet angle sounds interesting. I'd double check that being weed-affiliated doesn't impact your ability to do legal stuff, whether state or federal.

I used my personal pot card and stuff I’ve got at the dispensary as court exhibits.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

How can you do a half of a button press? You either press it or you don't

It's the term for starting the level holding the button.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My only computer is a 2012 imac.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Still have a ways to go to catch up to ol' Lozman

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also varies state to state.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If they don't work hire me. I'll do 32-35 hours of outstanding work for you weekly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Guy Fieri was on an earlier season, and at that point they didn't get quite as hot. His peaked at 600k scoville, iirc, where Ramsay peaked at 2m+ with the last dab. However, the last 3-4 on the Fieri episode were hotter than the ones that first started loving up Gordon, so I'm pretty sure he would have been wrecked in the old days.

Fieri at the end stands up, and before walking off set says "for the record - no water, no milk" and walks away without having touched his drinks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's a set of owners so nuts that Ramsay drops his usual over the top acting for American TV and just tries to be real.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Was going to post a picture of those eyes, and instead read an article about how they closed in 2015 after the husband attacked a customer with a knife outside the restaurant. Amy announced that she was just going to stick to making desserts for restaurants. She was actually good at that, so good luck to her.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slim Pickens posted:

Something like 3/4 of restaurants on his show end up closing anyways either because 1. They were too hosed up to permanently change their ways 2. the restaurant business is a bitch to succeed in even when you have all your ducks in a row

Something that I heard Guy Fieri say, and it rings true - unless food is your passion and your driving force in life, you'll never recover your time and costs put into the business. You have to literally live the business to be successful. I couldn't do it, and I saw dozens of food trucks open and close while I ran mine.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Venom looks like he's been doing some freaky poo poo with the Hulkster.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vasudus posted:

So I've got a big fuckoff event tomorrow, a whole day policy workshop where we're going to update/rewrite one of the core defining policies that defines my entire office's existence. It's big. It's important. It has flags. I've hit a huge amount of roadblocks in getting this thing launched but by sheer luck it's going to happen. It's 3pm and all changes are final, gently caress you we're locking the agenda and printing the materials. Go to print the fifty copies necessary of an 84 page policy, fifty copies of a 28 page deck, etc. - we've got reams of paper ready to go.

Make it to the forth copy and it runs out of toner. How in the gently caress? Oh, turns out that someone on the analytics team turned off the 'toner low, replace toner' alert and didn't call in a work order to replace it. Thanks guys. Put in a work order, wait a half hour, no callback. We call JSP. They don't have the toner in stock for our printer. The other printer in our office can't do a lot of printing because it overheats, and it's also B&W only and we need color. We call the duplication office, they don't take new orders past 3pm without some serious signatures that we don't have at the moment.

We start going door to door asking the other offices if we can map to their printer and do a job.

"how many pages"
"...about 5800..."
"...what"
"double sided! so only like 2750! we have our own paper!"
"...get out"

Until the nice people at a force resiliency suboffice let us do it. But there's a catch, it doesn't staple and it doesn't collate. My deputy and I print that motherfucker and put all the pages into boxes with sticky notes breaking up the pages. We walk it back in where my juniors are sitting, and I tell them "guess what you guys get to do" they looked puzzled for a few seconds until I held up two staplers like lobster claws, clacked them a few times, and in my best Zoidberg impression went "snibbidy snab". It took them over an hour to assemble everything so it can go into folders.

I am so getting some good scotch after this hellweek is over.

Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop. :zoid:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I know how you feel, vas.

I interviewed for a business development/sales type position for a software company. They’ve been around 26 years and a friend works there so I know it’s not a fly by night type thing. I left a good impression, and may have a gig. Seems like it would be a good fit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

USAA will absolutely track that person down. First off, they have a copy of the check. Second, every place that accepts checks will have cameras that show who it was that passed the bad note. This will get turned over to police, and they will prosecute. USAA is refunding you the money because they're awesome. Some banks will just tell you tough poo poo and assist with identifying the thief and make you seek restitution. In this case, USAA will seek restitution.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

not caring here posted:

Checks should just be gotten rid of.

Personal checks are indeed a relic of the past. Business checks are legit and serve a real purpose. They aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vasudus posted:

Legitimately don't know if I can make it to the CVS at the enterance and over to my office. I need to get moleskin and insoles. I think I've peeled all the skin off the back of my feet and I'm not even at work yet. Christ I'm stupid for not having this ready beforehand.

I have a nice brown pair of shoes that still eats my left achilles raw. I have to put bandaids on it beforehand.

Also, this is a good excuse to wear sneakers with your suit now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vasudus posted:

if they made dress shoe versions of them i would legit consider it

You’re senior enough that you can wear whatever loving shoe you want. Just make sure they’re black and/or match your suit.

Or if you don’t think you can get away with black sneakers, you could always wear cowboy boots. I think some boots is the way to go. You get an extra inch and a half in height plus they’re still dress shoes and won’t destroy your ankles.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soulex posted:

Learning about the USS Liberty today was really interesting but also horrifying.

Israel is basically the worst ally.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DoktorLoken posted:

I need a job :ohdear:

Same, op.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soulex posted:

There is a good chance I will be photographing San diego Fleet games from now on.

That is loving sweet. Congrats!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just saw Apollo 11 in the imax. It was amazing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm on the second floor of an apartment building, so no. My old favorite spot was behind the medicine cabinet, inside the wall, but there's plenty of nooks and crannies to shove poo poo into in my apartment, it's the getting it back out that's worrisome with some spots.

If you have more than $500-1000 at your house, you're a dingus. Go put that in the bank where it is safe. If you do have $500-1000 at home, that should be in a fireproof safe and preferably bolted securely in place.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Local credit union is probably your best bet. Are they withholding taxes?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EBB posted:

lousy smarch weather

Do you still have your clever girl etching? I was trying to find a picture of it to show a friend after she joked that she was transraptor but couldn't.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So, no? drat I'll have to keep looking.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I just wish I could find a job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Want to move to Michigan? :haw:

e: offer is semi-serious for most folks ITT, I just submitted a grant application that, if we are awarded it, has 70 FTE's budgeted and lordy that's a lot of staffing

Not particularly, but if the money is right who the gently caress knows where I'll be in a year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ever look into the local cannabis worker market?

$10/hr starting for a company that sells $55 eighths.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Haha. Goddamn florida loving sucks.

Yup. And the bill that looks most likely to pass enabling smokable cannabis is going to be restricted to pre-rolled joints that will probably cost the same.

I don't know which way the governor is leaning, but there's a chance he might veto that and just drop the defense to the smoking ban law suit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sold the taco truck a year ago. They just finished paying it off. It's now a big green truck and they're doing alright for themselves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That scene is what made my girlfriend first start to get into the film. It was so good.

Seriously go watch Apollo 11.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A Bad Poster posted:

Closest Imax theater playing it is two hours away, ugh.

It'll still be amazing in dolby digital or just plain theater if available. It's a drat good watch. I'd watch it in a small window on my computer, even.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

spacetoaster posted:

No, marvel has always had captain marvel as a woman.

Shazam was/is called captain marvel initially, but that's dc.

Already answered but Carol as Captain Marvel happened in the 80s iirc, and the male captain marvel is one of the few perma dead characters in the comic book world. She was Ms. Marvel prior to taking on the captain moniker.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GotG2 seems like it was meant for a hallucinogenic trip. Imagine the mushrooms kicking in right when you first see planet Ego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

holocaust bloopers posted:

Doctor confirmed I have a pretty severe virus. She prescribed me a “very heavy dosage of ibuprofen”—650mg. Oh honey that’s got nothing on the horse pills the military threw at me.

Go get real sudafed. You'll have to get it from behind the pharmacy counter and they'll probably scan/swipe your DL because meth has ruined the only good decongestant.