Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Life Before Death
Strength Before Weakness
Journey Before Destination

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

It's that time of year, folks! Review your 2017 2018 goals, and set your 2018 2019 goals!

2017 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803590
2018 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

This year I guess

Stop impulse buying guns (good luck), get at least one suppressor, get into gun games, join a real range so I can stop loving around in the national forest except for snowshoeing shooting/camping shooting.

Got a suppressor

Everything else failed. Found a free public range that's safe so that's something I guess.

This year: Buy poo poo I want I guess? I'll make it attainable.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Life Before Death
Strength Before Weakness
Journey Before Destination

I accomplished all my 2018 goals and then some. Goals for 2018:

ilkhan posted:

Didn't participate last year, because, well, california.
But now I've moved to the USA, so time to gun up.

So lets get some goals for the year:
* CCW 2018/05/26 In hand!
* 1x M&P Shield or similar for CCW Shield purchased 2018/01/27

* 1x Buckmark purchased 2018/2/16
* 1x M&P or similar for pistol competitions M&P 5" purchased 2018/6/24
* 1x PCC? Conversion kit for one of my AR lowers, perhaps 2018/05/07 full build started 2018/05/07

* 1x Rimfire can (Sparrow?) Dead Air Mask 22 purchased and submitted 2018/01/17, delivered 2018/8/28
* 1x Can for pistols (Osprey? Probably not, $$$) Rugged Obsidian 45 purchased and submitted 2018/4/5
* 1x Can for ARs (Saker? Probably not, $$$) Dead Air Sandman-S purchased and submitted 2018/08/28

* 3x Pistol matches (USPSA/etc) 2018-04-15, 2018-09-02, 2018-10-13
* SBR one of my AR lowers Form 1 submitted 2018-04-2
* Get out to a range monthly or better Local indoor range membership purchased 2018-02-28, plenty of range trips now

Not on original list:
* Threaded M&P
* AR-10 long-range build

Goals for 2019:
* 6 matches. Pistol, rifle, 3-gun, ... whatever
* M&P compact as an additional carry option
* Resist buying more suppressors.
...Besides an FDE Obsidian 9. I want that one as a dedicated tri-lug can.
...And maybe a Sandman-L. I want that one too.
* 22 cal bolt action. Probably a Ruger American Rimfire, but maybe a precision or a Mk II or CZ.
* 357 revolver. Probably a 686+
* 357 lever action. Probably an 1894CST.
* I need a shotgun for 3-gun. Possibly a 930 JM Pro.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Miso Beno posted:

Plans for 2017
Get lathe running
Acquire TIG welder of my own - failure, lack of funding and space
Build some stuff using said lathe and TIG welder. - failure, lack of funding and space
Build more cans
Finish SBRs
Do more SBRs

Kill somethin' and eat it - failure, lack of funding and time
Shoot a match - failure, injury and lack of time
Take more classes
Build some kits or something - failure, lack of funding and time
Clean up the collection a bit partial failure, few items were sold but more can be moved to the chopping block
Shoot more in general

Miso Beno posted:

Plans for 2018
Repair Lathe
Buy an Import Inverter Tig
Mk18 Clone SBR done
Tabuk Underfolder Clone SBR
Acquire Coonan L1A1 Receiver
More Form 1 Cans
Eat an Animal I shot got a black bear
Repair and Optimize Collection
Organize Gun poo poo
Organize Office
Install Reloading Setup in Office
Shoot More
Compete in some Competitions
Get More Fitter
Shoot Longer one mile
Take More Classes
Build Cool poo poo

Accomplishments of 2018
Although it doesn't look like it on paper, 2018 was a hell-of-a-gun year for me. Thanks to my group of friends I have been able to achieve some of the most difficult goals on my list including firing at distances greater than 1,000 yards (1 mile!) and breaking into large game hunting. Both sports have pretty large barriers to entry be it access to space, or access to tools and knowledge but here I am. This year also saw me dive feet first into 3D printing, vinyl cutting, and milling. Although my projects are still basic, I'm making chips and burning the poo poo out of fingers. Hell, just a few days ago, I 3d printed the first object I ever modeled in Fusion360. Hopefully, I'll be able to work up some useful things using my brand new arduino kit and can add that to my mental-tool set.

Lessons of 2018
Some projects just linger on the healing bench/honeydo list into perpetuity. Some of these failures are due to piss-poor planning/laziness on my part while other projects linter simply because I have bitten off more than I can chew in life. I have also come to acknowledge that some projects will always live on the list, not for lack of effort or traction, but because they are items will be ongoing because they either need ongoing maintenance or are recurring events. I will likely keep hunting on my to-do list as long as I am able to so (and probably beyond the time my body allows me to do so) and things like optimization and organization of the collection will likely persist into my twilight years when I am forced to throw it all in a dumpster or give it all to my favorite kid dog.

On The Future
My plan for 2019 is focus more on doing and less on having. My collection has reached a point where I am less interested in growing, and more interested in converting it from a menagerie of things that have little connection to one another and into something that is complementary to the person I have become, and wish to become. That means I'll be looking to downsize quite a bit more, and ensure the things that stay in the collection are not only functional but have enough support parts and hardware to keep them functional into the future.

Plans for 2019 posted:

Firearms Specific Projects
Wiselite Sterling SBR
Yugo Clone Underfolder SBR
Two More FALs
Three More Form 1 Suppressors
semi-permanent 22lr can for 22lr upper
45 ACP Can
semi-permanent 300blk can for 300blk upper

Firearms Related Activities
Hunt More
* Deer
* Elk
* Turkey
* Small Game
Shoot more frequently
Shoot at distance more frequently
Shoot my own rifle out to 1 mile
Shoot with friends and family more frequently
Shoot in a competition or two
Finish Comedy FN49 Project
Start Reloading
9x19
12 Gauge
308 Win

Semi-Firearms Related Activities and Purchases
Spend more time outdoors
Improve from home fitness regime
Build more stuff
Repair or replace the lathe
Learn More Stuff
Long Range Shooting Classes
Python
Arduino
3D Modeling
Improve Shop Organization
Organize cutters and collets
Figure out a better solution than the floor for storing stock material
Better hand tool organization
Improve Office Organization
Consolidate 3D Printer/Vinyl Cutter into one Work Area
Improve reloading bench
Improve firearms storage
Improve Office Area Security
Go Fishing
Salmon
Crayfish
Crabbing

Shop Related Purchases
Sheet Metal Brake
TIG Welder
Media Blaster

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 3, 2019

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

My 2018 goals were vague and I failed on seeing Glacier and North Cascades again because of all the ridiculous forest fires going on.

So here's my 2019 goal:

No new gun* purchases in all 2019.

*as defined by something I have to fill out a 4473 for

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

-Maybe shoot a gun at least once.

-Maybe find a cheap 2nd hand press like a 550 or Lee classic cast turret.

-Fix up my recently acquired milling machine and do some gunsmithing

-loving finish the stock build for my 1873 lever.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

I don't think I had any 2018 goals. So, for 2019 let's set the following:

• Lose 40+ pounds
  • Shoot at least once a month
  • Successfully turkey hunt solo
  • Get at least one paying photo gig
  • Buy Glock 20
  • Buy new compound bow and archery hunt something

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I do t think I had any 2018 goals.

Goals for 2019:

1) get at least 4 more calibers up and running for reloading. Im trying to shoot all the guns I own more frequently instead of taking the same 3 rifles to the range every time and a big part of that is going to be getting dies etc. so I am not paying factory prices on moon rounds.

2) buy a gun. Ive been in a saving mode for the last year and I need to figure out what direction I want to expand into

3) sell a gun. I need to re-focus a bit. I dont really want to let go any of what Ive got but I need to do something to focus my mind.

4) find a decent smith near me. I have a set of king sights a certain someone gave me for a beat old pistol and I dont trust myself to do the work. Alternatively get drunk, get out the files and bondo, and prove Im my fathers son.

5) buy an apfetor kit so I can shoot my g43. My old kit got sold along with that last g43 sold so Ive been without one for a bit.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

My 2018 goal was nightvision, which hasn't been fully completed but there has been significant progress made......

2019 goals:

-Put optics on the 3 rifles that don't have optics
#1 - 22lr upper for my SBR
#2 - 16" 308 AR build
#3 - 18" SPR AR build

-Cajunize my CZ P07 trigger

-Decide on and buy a version of the CZ P10

-Get a decent turret press or a nicer single stage press for reloading

- If the remaining gun budget allows for it, a S&W 500

Work production goal bonus + Holiday OT bonus is going to be coming up soon so these goals should be easily doable. Here is a 3 emote summary of how I reacted when I saw how much it was going to be

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 2, 2019

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

JRay88 posted:

2018 goals:

Gune related
Shoot more often -lol didnt happen at all
Start going to the .22 sniper matches at the local club -got rained out several times, other times just didnt get motivated
Reload more -gotta make brass to reload, see first goal
Hunt! Get a dear. Go more than twice for small game. -went, didnt see anything living other than some squirrels
Get my Guide Gun threaded and buy a suppressor that could handle 45-70 -nope, not likely to happen

Not so gun related
Lose 30lbs - finally a goal o came close to accomplishing! -23lbs and counting -
Spend more time outdoors/camping -sort of accomplished. Wish I had done more outside

2019 goals-

Shoot more Grendel, really wanna take it past 600y
Start reloading for the Grendel
Get a deer!
Spend more time outside with the family
Lose 20 more pounds (and start running again)

I dont think Ill end up getting any more guns (unless Howa actually releases their .300blk as a barreled action).

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

JRay88 posted:

2019 goals-

Shoot more Grendel, really wanna take it past 600y
Start reloading for the Grendel
Get a deer!
Spend more time outside with the family
Lose 20 more pounds (and start running again)

I dont think Ill end up getting any more guns (unless Howa actually releases their .300blk as a barreled action).

The Howa Actions are super nice but it's pretty hard to beat these.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Get my Garand back.
Get my SVT-40 back.
Get my M1917 back.
Get my M1903A3 back.

Selling guns to take care of family health issues sucked.

Flatland Crusoe
Jan 12, 2011

Great White Hunter
Master Race

Let me explain why I'm better than you

Flatland Crusoe posted:

1) Buy Swarovski Binoculars- Bought 15x56s, I need some 8s or 10s now....
2) Buy a Nice O/U
3) Join a range quickly after moving for my wifes residency match to keep up long range shooting
4) Get a job with more vacation

No surprise here, I got most things done except buying a nice O/U which Ive only put off for a decade now.......

At least I finally bought Swaros just the special use ones.....now I need 8x/10x.

1. Establish a precedent where I can still manage to do the hunts I actually like doing while having a kid around.
2. Purge all excess hunting clothing and shooting gear
3. Setup my reloading bench or sell all of it.
4. Buy a snapsafe
5. Get certified to shoot past 500 yards at my range.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Miso Beno posted:

The Howa Actions are super nice but it's pretty hard to beat these.

Yea Ive looked at those, but I plan on chopping it down so a barreled action makes more sense. Plus I already have a stock from when I upgraded the Grendel.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

JRay88 posted:

Yea I’ve looked at those, but I plan on chopping it down so a barreled action makes more sense. Plus I already have a stock from when I upgraded the Grendel.

How so? Ruger American barrels are held on with a nut so they're easy to remove and stuff into a lathe, plus they take AR mags which is a pro if you're into that kind of thing.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Partially Cajunize/CZCize my 85
Buy an AR
Buy a full sized safe (before buying an AR)
Sell my K31 maybe?
Maybe get a CHP?
If I do, get something appropriate for carry rather than a full sized steel gun from before the dissolution of Czechoslovakia.
Go shooting more often
Shoot at least one match (might be working a weekend shift so this might be tough).

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Buy:

- Ruger LCR in 327 Fed. Mag.

- Compound bullet mold for the 9.3mm

- Drill and tap rear peep for son's Henry

Maybe Buy:

- Glock 48

Build:

- Europellet AR

Maybe Build:

- Lower to SBR the pistol upper gathering dust in the box-o-junk

Do More:

- Bullet Casting

- Reloading

- Backyard airgun

- Shoot 3-4 local 3 Gun matches and place top three of my division in two

Fitness:

- Complete C25k

- Cycle more

- Swim a lot more

- Chainsaw for XC trail maintenance (for other stuff but this'll be project No. 1) since a logging crew has hosed it sideways

Outdoors:

- Camp more

- Hike more mountains

- Snowshoe more

- XC ski more

- Full moon winter hike with a former work friend I don't see nearly enough

Workshop:

- Get bandsaw running

- Score a quality jigsaw and be frever done with cheap, inadequate pieces of poo poo

- Build more wood stuff now that I have a corner in which to fart around

- Bench grinder with homemade tool rest for the lathe chisels.

- Repair the No. 4 plane

- Sharpen my one man saw and use it more because

- Oxypropane cutting/brazing set-up

- A stick welder if at all possible but it won't be

- Build a chicken coop and run

- Cordless weedwhacker to have one less small engine in my life

Kydex:

- Find an ISP that can actually get me reliable service and finish the website and payment processor

- Figure out the year's schedule to improve workflow and shave a week off my lead times

- Don't tear a decent percentage of the skin off my hands, pop a bunch of capillaries in a lot of the remaining, and go down for a good chunk of the holidays

Diet:

- Get the whole family eating vegetarian more often to make my life easier in the following

- Eat vegan at least half of every week

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Shoot more.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

-No guns for 6 months (ugh)
-First gun (out of 2 for 2019) is this cutie right here - To be purchased in July 2019.
-Second gun (last for 2019) is a CZ P07 tactical.
-The above rules do not count for any sponsored firearms I receive. I am expecting between 10-15 rifles and/or pistols in 2019.
-Return to long-range competitive shooting at distances up to 1000m with the first gun listed above.
-Return to competitive pistol shooting, although only with a revolver. I shoot well enough with with semi-automatic handguns that I don't really see the challenge in them anymore.
-Reload at least 10 different calibers.
-If Oregon isn't on fire this year, go camping at least 5 times in the summer.

Conquest7706
May 20, 2007

I don't think I've posted gun goals since 2015 or 2016 and pretty sure I didn't accomplish them since I am still without SBR's or cans.

2019:

1) reload 6.5x55 so I can regularly shoot the Ljungman instead of hoarding my last few precious boxes of prickskytte.

2) since I was dumb and missed out on new imports, get a 550 conversion kit from JDI (and probably a trigger housing too) so my 551 can have a long barreled buddy.

3) find someone who will turn my parts kit and barrel into a functioning PE-57.

4) figure out what is wrong with my G43 and get it functioning.

5) ditto for my TT-33, although it might not be possible so it would get thrown in with..

6) sell some guns, do I really need 3 SVT-40s? 4 K-31s? or 6 garands?

7) shoot the 3 guns in my collection that I have yet to shoot (this would be 5 guns, but the problem of finding new production .41 swiss rimfire still hasn't resolved itself)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Get my tax stamp for my Octane 45.
Hear (anything!) about the free suppressor I'm supposedly getting from silencerco.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Been a while since I had actual list, but it might be good to get one down.

1) actually go out and shoot. I'm not sure I fired a single round in 2018.
2) get ahold of some reloading supplies. Seriously, I've had primed .303 cases ready to go for a year, just no bullets or powder.
2a) cast all the bullets. Get lead, cast more bullets. Shoot all the bullets.
3) fix my TT-33. The few parts I need have been ordered from loving Russia, but I'm still waiting on them to arrive.
4) actually shoot the damned Tokarev. I've had it for years and never fired a shot.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

quote:

Plans for 2018

Shoot more - been shooting a lot more
Do more work on 7mm rem mag hand loads - Have a load dialed in that is working out very well but ill probably do more tweaking on it.
Get better at shooting my current guns - Still working on this
Continue to get points for western hunts - got more points, more points = more better
Go on WY Antelope trip - Not happening this year, have too many weddings and a cruise with the wife is more important.

I did basically what I set out to do. This year I have another kid on the way so my gun goals are probably going to be pretty light:

Apply for more pistol permits (paperwork is written just need to drop off at the station next week)
Buy a new bow/sell old bow
Acquire a .22lr long gun
Acquire a .22lr wheel gun
Potentially sell off g17 parts and buy a stock G17/19/48 gen 5
Sell off any extra gun parts/accessories
Go on a western hunt: Baby is due in July so we will see how that goes

Thats it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

Goals

1) Buy a 1903a3.
2) Buy a S&W Victory model 38 special
3) Go shooting once a month.

Last year I finally got around to buying a M1 carbine shooter and a pocket pistol which had been long term goals for me.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

My main goal is to finally get a transferable MG of some sort. Wish me luck.

I miiight get an M1 Garand.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

If I was to get an MG right now it would be an M11A1. You can get those lauge uppers and turn it into a badass smg for like $8k total.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Managed those things. Guess there was nothing left for 2016.

2017 is going to be a similar year I think:

Get Married
Letter some guns (just lazy)
Wouldn't mind losing 10lbs, but moreso just want to get into better shape for hiking. Probably do that.
Buy more King modified guns if they come up
Buy more Kearsarge grips if they come up

So 2017:

1. Got Married.
2. Lettered a gun.
3. No King Modified Guns.
4. No More Kearsarge grips.

poo poo. I don't think I've bought a gun at all this year (see 1.)

2018 gun goal:

Buy the house that's close to my wife's job and has this in it:

And a couple weird boards:

With an uplifting sign hanging on the wall:

And a CM Russel print:

Hiding a mysterious hole:

I wonder what the hell this hole is? A 10yd concrete tube, 4ft underground?

With a wheel and rope that pulls a shot to poo poo piece of cardboard from one end to the other?

Weird. Why would anyone put a room like this in a basement when they custom built their house in '71?

I guess 2018 will just have to be a year where my only gun related goal is to buy that house, and modernize a secure gun room complete with an underground pistol range.
[/quote]

Bought the house.

Bought 3 guns. They are good guns bront.

Didn't modernize it.

Had baby. Baby cute.

2019:

Modernize the gun room so I can do shooting. LED strips and Ventilation, upgrade the pulley system for a target (not on a sled, hanging from the ceiling). Ventilation was the big thing that stopped me this last year, that's going to be a pretty big job.

As to guns, I'll maybe buy one or two if things like more 1000 dollar Registered Magnums cross my radar.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Liam Acerbus posted:

My main goal is to finally get a transferable MG of some sort. Wish me luck.

I miiight get an M1 Garand.
Join me:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/795522075

2018:
- Eyes checked, more exercise, fix 32acp and maybe get a Dillon.

Did all 3 of these. Though I'm not exercising heavily, my back and overall health is way better. Looking back a couple of my 17 goals were done in 18 so yay.

2019 gun goals:
- SAA in 22lr of some flavor
- See if I can get one of my 22 revolver's barrel re-lined
- Reload more

Personal
- Make my health my main focus of spare time including possibly getting my wrist operated on. Gun related as my reloading press takes a toll on my wrist.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Get a hunting license and go hunt - life got in the way again, maybe next year

get a salt bath annealing setup for BLK and 8mm cases - done!

Do a KD Appleseed event - done! shot a 229/250
or
Shoot Distinguished Rifleman (230+/250) at regular Appleseed - didn't happen

FVSR optic train upgrade - done!
Shooting at least 2 Practical Rimfire Challenge events at Peacemaker - done! got three

Shoot IDPA at least 3 times, and do another classifier to gauge improvement - got 3, no classifier

Form 1 a .22 can - done

2018/2019 Winter project: Graduation Gift/Project: moved back due to grad school stretching on one more semester than planned
Buy an "untouched" condition Nepalese P1864 Snider-Enfield to restore it to firing condition
2018 was pretty good. 2019 I want to focus more on improving my shooting and less on getting more guns.

Complete Grad School

Finish Lightweight AR
Sell PCC
Buy 22lr handgun
Buy no other guns, buy ammo and shoot more instead.

Dry fire practice for 15 minutes at least once a week
Do at least 4 2-gun matches, now that one has opened up locally.
Do at least 4 IDPA Matches
Classify in SSP and REV

Attempt to get Distinguished Rifleman in Appleseed again

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Bogon posted:

2018 Goals:

6.5 Creedmore Something...Not sure what but will most likely be a custom of some sort.

Start my FFL:
Buy a Safe for FFL

Continuing the quest to collect all the Walther's:
PPQ Q4
Creed
P99
CCP
(Note .40 Guns don't count unless its been lengthened and called 10mm)

Reloading:
Figure out how to make this poo poo Box of a Lee Pro 1000 to suck less and actually crank out a round or two. Now it just decaps, resizes and flares 9mm.
Dillon of some sort
figure out how to make reloading to .01 grams faster. This will probably be stupid expensive.

Ordered a Solid Accuracy barreled Tikka Receiver with a 28 inch Criterion barrel this year will be be getting a good stock and Glass

Failed on the Wathers and the FFL got to busy with random work things and globe trotting.

But I did buy:
TOZ-35m with a set of Rink Grips and Fore-Grips
Hi-Point 10MM with the High Tower bull pup stock
Sig 1911 Nightmare in .357sig
2 Aero M4E1 lowers and Uppers with Hand guards
Ruger Redhawk .44mag that I had to then buy a set of Nill Grips for since the Hogue monopod wood grips that were on it the monopod mount kept breaking.
Walther P-38(I guess this counts towards all the Walther's Collection)

Finishing the solid accuracy Tikka in 6.5CM that I had built last year
Save for a house
Reload even more
Walther Q5 Match Steal Frame if it ever comes down in price.
Finally Pull the trigger on getting a SCAR17s

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

2019 Goals:
1. Find a deer lease and actually hunt
2. Build an AK from a parts kit
3. Build a Galil from a parts kit
4. Go shooting at least once a month
5. Acquire a bolt gun in 6.5
6. Acquire a Garand
7. Finish out my gun storage closet

Fake Edit - Did you ever figure out the story behind the random underground basement tube?

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Modernize the gun room so I can do shooting. LED strips and Ventilation, upgrade the pulley system for a target (not on a sled, hanging from the ceiling). Ventilation was the big thing that stopped me this last year, that's going to be a pretty big job.

MrBusiness
Jan 19, 2016

MrBusiness posted:

- Get my loving MDR
- Continue developing pistol fundamentals, start practicing at 50yds
- Get a 9mm suppressor and threaded barrel for my CZ75 and test/handload some subsonic 9mm
- Expand my reloading setup to .308, .243, .357mag and maybe 9mm if I can make it worth it
- Join a club with a >200yd range and start practicing long-range shooting
- I can somehow put a bullet through a deer heart consistently out to 100yds while standing on a rickety ladder stand in the cold wind, but at the range can hardly shoot a 6" group from standing, regardless of optics. I'd like to fix this
-Physical fitness/activities: Lose 15lbs, go hiking and camping more, practice my woodsmanship
-Good ear and eye protection
-A real gun safe (Black Friday here I come)
-More reloading equipment (digital powder scale, case tumbler/sonic cleaner)
-More mags!

Well I gained 5lbs, didn't go camping once, and am an unnoticeably better shot with pistols and rifles. Basically I accomplished everything in the Buy Stuff category and nothing in the Try Harder category.
Here goes again:

Buy Stuff
-patiently await the release of two cans from NFA jail
-6.5CM reloading stuff

Try Harder
-lose 20lbs
-actually go hiking and camping
-Make use of my membership to the local indoor range as much as possible before it lapses

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Hmmm...

1. Fish more.
2. Hike more (other than job related walking around in woods stuff as a surveyor).
3. Revolver more.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

1) actually go out and shoot. I'm not sure I fired a single round in 2018.
2) get ahold of some reloading supplies. Seriously, I've had primed .303 cases ready to go for a year, just no bullets or powder.
2a) cast all the bullets. Get lead, cast more bullets. Shoot all the bullets.
3) fix my TT-33. The few parts I need have been ordered from loving Russia, but I'm still waiting on them to arrive.
4) actually shoot the damned Tokarev. I've had it for years and never fired a shot.

One down , three to go.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

So 2017:

1. Got Married.
2. Lettered a gun.
3. No King Modified Guns.
4. No More Kearsarge grips.

poo poo. I don't think I've bought a gun at all this year (see 1.)

2018 gun goal:

Buy the house that's close to my wife's job and has this in it:

And a couple weird boards:

With an uplifting sign hanging on the wall:

And a CM Russel print:

Hiding a mysterious hole:

I wonder what the hell this hole is? A 10yd concrete tube, 4ft underground?

With a wheel and rope that pulls a shot to poo poo piece of cardboard from one end to the other?

Weird. Why would anyone put a room like this in a basement when they custom built their house in '71?

I guess 2018 will just have to be a year where my only gun related goal is to buy that house, and modernize a secure gun room complete with an underground pistol range.
[/quote]

Bought the house.

Bought 3 guns. They are good guns bront.

Didn't modernize it.

Had baby. Baby cute.

2019:

As to guns, I'll maybe buy one or two if things like more 1000 dollar Registered Magnums cross my radar.
[/quote]

9 days in and I've already fallen off the wagon.

Pursesnatcher
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

poo poo, it's a new year already? All right then. 2018 went fairly well, re: accomplishing goals:

Pursesnatcher posted:

• - Run at least 8 ranked IPSC matches
  • - Take up missing fast-moving clay pigeons
  • - Decide on which 1911 to actually buy
  • - Decide on which compact to actually buy
  • - Finally get around to selling my summer drive
  • - Finally get around to buying a loading press (optional: learning to use it?)
  • - Take up hunting

Going to try again for those last two, but having bought a house takes up a lot of time. Having bought a classic truck to restore takes up the rest. Regardless...

• - Run at least 8 ranked IPSC matches this year too
  • - Buy that BUL Classic Trophy IPSC Stainless I decided on
  • - Buy that Walther PP/K I decided on as well
  • - Choose between an AR or an MR556
  • - Finally get around to buying a loading press (optional: learning to use it?)
  • - Take up hunting

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

No goals for last year, but for this year:

* Shoot at least 50 competitions (counting each class). - Completely hosed this up, not by shooting too little but by not keeping track. I had a file but I haven't been filling it in since June.
* Finalize a good 7.5x55 Swiss load for my K31. - Nope, found a supplier of GP11 instead.
* Get a .22lr rifle - Bought a Steyr Scout Rimfire, but I'm not happy with it. Going to replace it with a CZ455.
* Get a larger gun safe - Nope, embraced the Tetris. Would still like a bigger one, but for now everything fits.
* Make a proper reloading area instead of a tiny bench in the kitchen. Nope. In fact I haven't touched my reloading equipment for months.

Goals for 2019:

* Practice more.
* Compete more.
* Fix up the reloading area and reload more.
* Learn to say no when people ask me to help out with this or that competition if I don't feel like it instead of letting myself be guilted into it.
* Start reloading 357 and 44 magnum instead of being lazy and buying factory.
* Finish the remote target camera that I started building last summer and test it.

e: Now in the right thread.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Duccy posted:

-No guns for 6 months (ugh)
-First gun (out of 2 for 2019) is this cutie right here - To be purchased in July 2019. lol completed in the first two weeks of 2019.
-Second gun (last for 2019) is a CZ P07 tactical.
-The above rules do not count for any sponsored firearms I receive. I am expecting between 10-15 rifles and/or pistols in 2019.
-Return to long-range competitive shooting at distances up to 1000m with the first gun listed above.
-Return to competitive pistol shooting, although only with a revolver. I shoot well enough with with semi-automatic handguns that I don't really see the challenge in them anymore.
-Reload at least 10 different calibers. - completed yesterday. I now have 1(308) 2(30-06) 3(44mag/spl) 4(6.5CM) 5(9mm) 6(45acp) 7(223) 8(500sw) 9(40sw) and 10(243)
-If Oregon isn't on fire this year, go camping at least 5 times in the summer.

updated.

Need to clarify I am also purchasing an HK Mk23 which is on my approved list of firearms that I can purchase outside of the #1 rule above. The only only firearm that is on the approved non-promise list is a SIG 55X rifle, which is becoming less and less likely.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Between going way overboard in 2018 and the missus and me just finding out that we'll be joining the "two under two club", I'm not really expecting to get much this year and kind of figure I will only make purchases if our idiot legislature sends a bill banning something I would like to own to our idiot governor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

It's been 10 months since I've been able to go shooting so my 2019 goal is to go shooting