Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs

I want to play too!

My 2019 goals

1) Compete at more local IPSC matches

2) Compete at IPSC nationals, hopefully place ok.

3) Purchase CZ Tac Sport Orange, see how well I do shooting standard division.

4) Sell some guns to fund other, better guns.

5) Maybe get a shotgun, do some skeet shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

2018 sucked, goal-wise. I hardly sold anything, and I hardly handloaded anything. I only took a couple classes, and missed most of the competitions I wanted to go to.

2019:

- Take at least three training classes (already registered for one).
- Sell more guns (I want to reduce the pieces in my collection by around half. Especially urgent now that I may not get another paycheck for a while).
- Handload as much as I can can. Way more than last year. I've already loaded up about five hundred rounds of .357 SIG with more coming as soon as I get off my butt and load my primer feed tubes back up. I want to start playing with handloading .308 and .300 Blackout as well as replenishing my supply of cheap 9mm, .38 Special, and .223.
- Participate in the "1000 rounds of live fire" challenge. Not really a challenge for me, probably, but I do want to log it and keep better track of my practices and competitions.
- Put in paperwork for the four suppressors that I bought like two years ago(!) and that have just been sitting at my shop. Also put in for at least one more SBR stamp.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

Ophidian posted:

I did basically what I set out to do. This year I have another kid on the way so my gun goals are probably going to be pretty light:

Apply for more pistol permits (paperwork is written just need to drop off at the station next week) DONE
Buy a new bow/sell old bow DONE
Acquire a .22lr long gun
Acquire a .22lr wheel gun
Potentially sell off g17 parts and buy a stock G17/19/48 gen 5
Sell off any extra gun parts/accessories
Go on a western hunt: Baby is due in July so we will see how that goes

Thats it

wait a minute honey
May 12, 2006

Now that I've got some decent info on where to go on public land, my goals are

Get fit so I can climb NZ's terrain
Go semi-regularly to a range that offers long range targets
Get a decent 22lr bolt action and scope and suppress it
Shoot my first Deer
Get onto a private farm, even for just shooting bunnys

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Shoot steel challenge (center fire and rim fire).

Use my snazzy new O/U shotgun on some variant of clay targets.

Volunteer at the BB gun league for the little kiddies at my club.

Buy IHMSA barrel for my Encore.

Buy Ruger Precision Rimfire.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Young Ignorant 2018 me posted:

2018 goals:
-Sell the damned AR15 (4th time is the charm?) haha no
-Get a suppressor haha no
-Go to any rifle or PCC shooting competition haha no
-Sell my AES10B maybe. I'm afraid it's still going up in value, but I never take it shooting and I could spend the ridiculous amount of money they're going for on something else haha no
-Maybe get a Calico in 9mm haha no
-Get some HK trigger work done (Might be happening soon if Steve of Stevesgunz doesn't get back to me soon about the waiting list I've been on for a year for my lever action work) haha no
-Build a CETME-L. Probably won't happen because of the costs involved and I'm still saving for a house, but I would like to! haha no
-Zero in the sights and optics for my guns. Only a few of them are actually properly setup right now and it's kind of gnawing at me. Got it done! To some degree anyway.
-Assuming I buy a house, sign up for the private range nearby and begin that long process Bought a house and joined the local range. Haven't been able to go a lot because of a lot of house ownership stuff
-Have/go to a goon shoot in Texas. We had a mini one but we got rained on pretty hard but it was still fun Didn't get this done either

2019 Goals:
-Shoot more. Now that I live 4 miles from the private range I joined this should be easier.
-Attend a competition. Despite having this and failing on it in 2018, I did look into pretty seriously and finally found a (somewhat) nearby one that looks well run and good
-Buy a new gun, sell some old guns. My collection has gotten kind of stale the last couple of years. I'm pretty happy with most of what I have and I just keep buying accessories and stuff
-Sell some unused gun accessories. They're taking up a lot of room and I never use some of this stuff
-Get a permanent reloading bench setup in my garage. Now that I have a garage I just need to make a corner for it, but some other work has to happen first to clean it out
-Do a gunsmithing project of some kind. Build a gun, fix a gun, something fun.

californiasushi
Jun 6, 2004

2019 goals

i was waiting to see if any good new pistol optics came out during shot to see if there was something compelling for me to put on a glock, and there was none. i've had ultradots on 22s and .45s for a long time, and a fast fire3 on a 22 for a bit, but i've been waiting for a good optic to put one on a 9mm glock and nothing new really stands out to me. i'm not really a fan of the aimpoint because it's too big for ccw, the housing obscures the sight picture too much (https://goo.gl/images/kkXUa8), and i'm sure it'll be expensive. i'd prefer something like the shield rmsc that has a low window and is small in size with clear glass but wish it were more durable and had proper night vision settings. i'll wait to see if anything i like comes out next year to jump in.

found what i felt was a decent deal on a sig p320 x5, added a sig romeo 1 6 moa dot. here's the crosspost: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875807&pagenumber=8#post493926426

- build a 6.5 grendel: i've wanted to do one for a while since 5.56 isn't an incredible performer. with lilja doing a group buy on 14.5" barrels i'm still trying to decide between that and a 16" to do a general purpose battle-rifle type gun. i'd put a ~2-10x type optic on it and an offset red dot. i was hoping magpul would release pmags for 6.5 grendel but i see from shot that they're on the pcc bandwagon. i don't mind though since i'll pick up some of their pmags for our evo scorpion

- try a new slim 9mm: we have a shield and a glock 26 and i'd like to see if maybe a glock 43 or sig p365 would work out better for me. a glock 26 is nice but it's not as comfortable to me as a shield. i'd like to see how the g43 compares to a shield in terms of shootability and comfort for carry. i do like the capacity of a g26 and i'm curious how the sig is, despite all its issues

- add to our night capability: the mawl wasn't really attractive to me because it had a 4 degree lr flood, but the new er (extended range) version tightens that up and is now something i'd really like to get. maybe add another i2 device or get a thermal of some sort

californiasushi fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 3, 2019

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

April Update:

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

2018 was pretty good. 2019 I want to focus more on improving my shooting and less on getting more guns.

Complete Grad School - Final Semester Underway

Finish Lightweight AR - it's "done" but still needs a better trigger, optic, and cerakote
Sell PCC - stupid internet buyers are so flaky. need to relist.
Buy 22lr handgun
Buy no other guns, buy ammo and shoot more instead. - so far so good, shot quite a bit more so far this year

Dry fire practice for 15 minutes at least once a week - failed
New: Dry fire at least once before each match
Do at least 4 2-gun matches, now that one has opened up locally. - 2 down
Do at least 4 IDPA Matches - 1 registered, shooting REV
Classify in SSP and REV

Attempt to get Distinguished Rifleman in Appleseed again

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

Buy:

- Ruger LCR in 327 Fed. Mag. Canceled for the year.

- Compound bullet mold for the 9.3mm

- Drill and tap rear peep for son's Henry

Maybe Buy:

- Glock 48

Build:

- Europellet AR

Maybe Build:

- Lower to SBR the pistol upper gathering dust in the box-o-junk Edit: I have pistol braces so use one of those and make a totally not an SBR.

Do More:

- Bullet Casting

- Reloading

- Backyard airgun

- Shoot 3-4 local 3 Gun matches and place top three of my division in two

Fitness:

- Complete C25k

- Cycle more

- Swim a lot more

- Chainsaw for XC trail maintenance (for other stuff but this'll be project No. 1) since a logging crew has hosed it sideways Check.

Outdoors:

- Camp more

- Hike more mountains

- Snowshoe more Check if barely.

- XC ski more gently caress.

- Full moon winter hike with a former work friend I don't see nearly enough Check though I'd now like to fit in spring, summer, and autumn full moon hikes with him.

Workshop:

- Get bandsaw running

- Score a quality jigsaw and be forever done with cheap, inadequate pieces of poo poo Check, Bosch is wicked pissah.

- Build more wood stuff now that I have a corner in which to fart around

- Bench grinder with homemade tool rest for the lathe chisels.

- Repair the No. 4 plane Check. Now to score a blade.

- Sharpen my one man saw and use it more because

- Oxypropane cutting/brazing set-up

- A stick welder if at all possible but it won't be Not a chance. Hopefully next year.

- Build a chicken coop and run

- Cordless weedwhacker to have one less small engine in my life

Kydex:

- Find an ISP that can actually get me reliable service(Check) and finish the website and payment processor

- Figure out the year's schedule to improve workflow and shave a week off my lead times

- Don't tear a decent percentage of the skin off my hands, pop a bunch of capillaries in a lot of the remaining, and go down for a good chunk of the holidays

Diet:

- Get the whole family eating vegetarian more often to make my life easier in the following

- Eat vegan at least half of every week

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

I didnt have any for 2018, but this year I'm 100% buying a scorpion evo. I'd whip out my cc right now if anyone had them in stock...

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Ophidian posted:

I did basically what I set out to do. This year I have another kid on the way so my gun goals are probably going to be pretty light:

Apply for more pistol permits (paperwork is written just need to drop off at the station next week)
Buy a new bow/sell old bow

Acquire a .22lr long gun (waiting for 4th of July etc sales)
Acquire a .22lr wheel gun SW 17-1 won on gun just waiting for it to show up at ffl.
Potentially sell off g17 parts and buy a stock G17/19/48 gen 5 gonna ignore this one for a while
Sell off any extra gun parts/accessories (did a lot of this hence not paying out of pocket for most of the purchases)
Sold my hunting rifle and replaced it with something in a non-magnum caliber (7mm08)
Go on a western hunt: Baby is due in July so we will see how that goes (tentative)

Thats it

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

infrared35 posted:

2018 sucked, goal-wise. I hardly sold anything, and I hardly handloaded anything. I only took a couple classes, and missed most of the competitions I wanted to go to.

2019:

- Sell more guns (I want to reduce the pieces in my collection by around half. Especially urgent now that I may not get another paycheck for a while).
- Handload as much as I can can. Way more than last year. I've already loaded up about five hundred rounds of .357 SIG with more coming as soon as I get off my butt and load my primer feed tubes back up. I want to start playing with handloading .308 and .300 Blackout as well as replenishing my supply of cheap 9mm, .38 Special, and .223.
- Participate in the "1000 rounds of live fire" challenge. Not really a challenge for me, probably, but I do want to log it and keep better track of my practices and competitions.
- Put in paperwork for the four suppressors that I bought like two years ago(!) and that have just been sitting at my shop. Also put in for at least one more SBR stamp.

Taken one class so far. Another scheduled for early May.

Sold a ton of guns so far this year, but would like to part with at least ten more grand worth before I stop. Quality, not quantity.

I have about two thousand rounds of .357 SIG loaded up at this point. I think I'll switch to another caliber soon.

Fired over 1100 actual rounds so far this year, but only like 700 count toward the 1000 Rounds challenge (max of 50 per range session).

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

me posted:

I didn't have any 2018 goals, except a vague desire to buy a gun and hunt.

This year I want to hunt and eat at least five different species.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

I sexually identify as a fat tinder girl,

Yeah lemme just clean my pannus first.

These candles smell amazing btw

Gonna miss half of the year because of this deployment, but here goes:

1) Get to "B" class in both Open and Revolver division
-6% away in revo now
1a) Get to "A" class in Open

2) Compete at nationals
(Edit: Nope)

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 30, 2019

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MohawkSatan posted:

Been a while since I had actual list, but it might be good to get one down.

1) actually go out and shoot. I'm not sure I fired a single round in 2018.
2) get ahold of some reloading supplies. Seriously, I've had primed .303 cases ready to go for a year, just no bullets or powder.
2a) cast all the bullets. Get lead, cast more bullets. Shoot all the bullets.
3) fix my TT-33. The few parts I need have been ordered from loving Russia, but I'm still waiting on them to arrive.
4) actually shoot the damned Tokarev. I've had it for years and never fired a shot.

Oh hey look I did a thing. Tokarev now dents expended primers just fine, just need to get to shoot it.

Also, adding a goal

5) get my fat rear end in shape, holy gently caress I've let myself go the last few years.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

As far as obtaining stuff, no goals. Set a little money aside I guess for when I can buy stuff?

Do more training (as an instructor).

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Get oldest kid off to college so I have some time to do fun stuff.

Build last 2 Ruger 10/22ís that are languishing in a pile of parts.

Repair the Cooey model 60 now that I found parts.

Shoot some Steel Challenge.

Volunteer at the BB gun league. Introduce yoots to high end airguns by bringing some of my stuff as display/demo equipment.

Finish all the fiddly little AR mods that are sitting around in yet more piles of parts that need to be installed.

Inventory all the crap I bought when Gander Mountain was going out of business. I seriously got a ton of poo poo that seemed like a good idea at the time, but 3/4 of it is still just sitting around unused and uninstalled.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

2014-16 sucked hard for me. Wanted to get back into competition and shoot more but that never happened.

2017 I just wanted to get back into shooting shot maybe 3-4 times the whole year.

2018 Things started to turn around still didn't make any long term plans other than shooting more and actually taking steps to get back into competing. started to think about getting a suppressor or two.

Actually get back into competing and reload more - DONE!

Start my stamp collection - DONE! put the money down on a Spectre II

Shoot more in general - WIP have a range membership with known ranges and a not surrounded by any shitbirds that can buy a gun blasting into the mountain. Makes it easy.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

June Update:

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

2018 was pretty good. 2019 I want to focus more on improving my shooting and less on getting more guns.

Complete Grad School - DONE, just waiting on my feckin diploma

Finish Lightweight AR - it's "done" but still needs a better trigger, optic, and cerakote
Sell PCC - done
Buy 22lr handgun -have a pile of money just need to get my handgun permit
Buy no other guns, buy ammo and shoot more instead. - still so far so good, shot quite a bit more so far this year

New: Dry fire at least once before each match
Do at least 4 2-gun matches, now that one has opened up locally. - 3 down
Do at least 4 IDPA Matches - decided to join USPSA instead, jives better with 2-gun
Shoot at least 3 USPSA Matches
Classify in SSP and REVProduciton

Attempt to get Distinguished Rifleman in Appleseed again

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Liam Acerbus posted:

My main goal is to finally get a transferable MG of some sort. Wish me luck.

Done. But will I actually see it this year?

It's an RPB M11A1 .380

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Congrats on finishing grad school.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

poeticoddity posted:

Congrats on finishing grad school.

Hell to the yeah on that one.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Ophidian posted:

Apply for more pistol permits
Buy a new bow/sell old bow Sold previous bow and bought a Mathews Vertix
Acquire a .22lr long gun - Not this year
Acquire a .22lr wheel gun - Purchased/shot the 17-1, really happy with it.
Potentially sell off g17 parts and buy a stock G17/19/48 gen 5 Sold the G17 parts and put that money towards a VP9 which I got for a good price.
Sell off any extra gun parts/accessories I basically have nothing left to sell unless I decide to unload more guns
Go on a western hunt: Baby is due in July so we will see how that goes

Thats it

Also sold my G20 and replaced it with an SR1911 in 10mm

The baby is fast approaching so provided all is well with the baby, in terms of health, I should be able to get out for archery this fall since my wife will be out of work until December and both sets of grandparents will be around.
While I'd love to get out west this year its probably unlikely barring some financial/free time miracle

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Life Before Death
Strength Before Weakness
Journey Before Destination

ilkhan posted:

Goals for 2019:
* 6 matches. Pistol, rifle, 3-gun, ... whatever hahahah haven't shot a single one yet, and july is out too.
* M&P compact as an additional carry option Done
* Resist buying more suppressors. failure
...Besides an FDE Obsidian 9. I want that one as a dedicated tri-lug can. Done. And a Q El Camino to boot as a lightweight 22
...And maybe a Sandman-L. I want that one too. Not going there until they introduce a modular length sandman.
* 22 cal bolt action. Probably a Ruger American Rimfire, but maybe a precision or a Mk II or CZ. not yet
* 357 revolver. Probably a 686+ not yet
* 357 lever action. Probably an 1894CST. not yet
* I need a shotgun for 3-gun. Possibly a 930 JM Pro. not yet
Bonus gun: won a 1911 at a friends of NRA dinner. Waiting on that to get shipped.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

quote:

2019:

- I've taken three classes so far this year and I have another coming up this weekend
- I still have like ten grand in guns for sale; I slice into my collection a little more every time something sells. Gotta keep it going!
- I should switch to .300 Blackout since I still have a ton of pistol powder left which means I can start off loading subsonics
- Currently at about 3200 rounds fired this year between work, matches, and drills
- Still haven't put in for any of my suppressors. I don't know what my deal is, other than it's $800 at a time when I'm trying to really reduce debt.

Edit: plus another $600 for the Form 1s I want to file.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 19, 2019

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Tyro posted:

Do more training (as an instructor).

I've spent 2 days actively doing training and have 2 more on the schedule, and 1 day helping run a range for a coworker just as a safety officer.

Hooray!

californiasushi
Jun 6, 2004

californiasushi posted:

2019 goals

i was waiting to see if any good new pistol optics came out during shot to see if there was something compelling for me to put on a glock, and there was none. i've had ultradots on 22s and .45s for a long time, and a fast fire3 on a 22 for a bit, but i've been waiting for a good optic to put one on a 9mm glock and nothing new really stands out to me. i'm not really a fan of the aimpoint because it's too big for ccw, the housing obscures the sight picture too much (https://goo.gl/images/kkXUa8), and i'm sure it'll be expensive. i'd prefer something like the shield rmsc that has a low window and is small in size with clear glass but wish it were more durable and had proper night vision settings. i'll wait to see if anything i like comes out next year to jump in.

found what i felt was a decent deal on a sig p320 x5, added a sig romeo 1 6 moa dot. here's the crosspost: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875807&pagenumber=8#post493926426

- build a 6.5 grendel: i've wanted to do one for a while since 5.56 isn't an incredible performer. with lilja doing a group buy on 14.5" barrels i'm still trying to decide between that and a 16" to do a general purpose battle-rifle type gun. i'd put a ~2-10x type optic on it and an offset red dot. i was hoping magpul would release pmags for 6.5 grendel but i see from shot that they're on the pcc bandwagon. i don't mind though since i'll pick up some of their pmags for our evo scorpion

- try a new slim 9mm: we have a shield and a glock 26 and i'd like to see if maybe a glock 43 or sig p365 would work out better for me. a glock 26 is nice but it's not as comfortable to me as a shield. i'd like to see how the g43 compares to a shield in terms of shootability and comfort for carry. i do like the capacity of a g26 and i'm curious how the sig is, despite all its issues

- add to our night capability: the mawl wasn't really attractive to me because it had a 4 degree lr flood, but the new er (extended range) version tightens that up and is now something i'd really like to get. maybe add another i2 device or get a thermal of some sort

i've been waffling between a glock 43, sig p365, and sig p365xl and decided that the glock reliability/lower weight was more important to me than the extra capability of the sig for now. picked up a g43, shot it today with magazines with various basepads and no malfunctions. i shot a glock 43 before and got cut on the base of my thumb which was no different today. still got cut but i don't think it's a big deal since i'm not shooting this gun a lot. the trigger gauged at 5.5#. i do appreciate the lighter carry weight than the shield i've been carrying which was 24.23oz with the standard 7rd magazine + 1 in the chamber (federal hst 147). here's a picture of the glock 43 with standard 6rd magazine with one in the chamber (fed hst 147):

pretty nice 2.75oz savings while only losing one round over the shield.

with the taran tactical +1, the gun weighs 22.18oz (7+1) with fed hst 147's

with the taran tactical +3, the gun weighs 24.16oz (9+1) with fed hst 147's, still lighter than the shield at 7+1.

californiasushi fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 2, 2019

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

You should shoot this little 30-round course of fire with it and post results in the target thread so I have some performance to chase:

californiasushi
Jun 6, 2004

if you're talking to me i'll try to shoot it the next time i go to the outdoor range, which i'm not exactly sure when i'll be able to go. i do almost all my shooting at an indoor range now since it's super convenient and it's really not possible to shoot with a timer and definitely not possible to shoot from a holster. just do that stage as the july postal match and i'm sure you'll get some takers

Flatland Crusoe
Jan 12, 2011

Great White Hunter
Master Race

Let me explain why I'm better than you

Flatland Crusoe posted:

[/s]

No surprise here, I got most things done except buying a nice O/U which Iíve only put off for a decade now.......

At least I finally bought Swaroís just the special use ones.....now I need 8x/10x.- On Order

1. Establish a precedent where I can still manage to do the hunts I actually like doing while having a kid around.
2. Purge all excess hunting clothing and shooting gear- Gave away or sold most of it. Still could do a bit more.
3. Setup my reloading bench or sell all of it. -Sold it
4. Buy a snapsafe
5. Get certified to shoot past 500 yards at my range.

Iím pretty happy with my shooting goals in a year Iím super busy with a new baby, wife in Residency, a New House, New City, etc.

Iíve managed to sell off about 1/4 of my gun collection that I didnít really care for and sold reloading gear which had sat unused since the move. Iíve managed to keep calibers I can feed reasonably priced ammo and I live in a state now where I can get bulk ammo shipped easily. Basically now I can just focus on shooting and not load development. Also reloading gear was starting to take up too much space and was a rabbit hole of gear I could just manage to beat.

Iím finally buying getting the quality optics Iíve been missing over the last 5 years now that I have the skills and situations to make good use of them.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

September Update:

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Complete Grad School - done

Sell PCC - done
Buy 22lr handgun -DONE
Buy no other guns, buy ammo and shoot more instead. - still so far so good, shot quite a bit more so far this year, but forecast is looking like i might get one more gun

New: Dry fire at least once before each match - failed, i'm lazy
Do at least 4 2-gun matches, now that one has opened up locally. - done
Do at least 4 IDPA Matches - decided to join USPSA instead, jives better with 2-gun
Shoot at least 3 USPSA Matches
- I'm doing a mix of them now.
Do at least 4 Pistol matches - 3 down
Classify in SSP and REVProductioon - done - C class

Attempt to get Distinguished Rifleman in Appleseed again - DONE

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

The Rat posted:

My 2018 goals were vague and I failed on seeing Glacier and North Cascades again because of all the ridiculous forest fires going on.

So here's my 2019 goal:

No new gun* purchases in all 2019.

*as defined by something I have to fill out a 4473 for

Still going strong!*

*the MAWLs don't count cause they weren't a 4473 item, plus I got them basically via a trade and selling my PredatOBR to fund the other. So, no huge net loss.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Thinking about a king Cobra Target. Would I be cool if I got one

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

EduardoEspecial posted:

I want to play too!

My 2019 goals

1) Compete at more local IPSC matches

2) Compete at IPSC nationals, hopefully place ok.

4) Sell some guns to fund other, better guns.

5) Maybe get a shotgun, do some skeet shooting.

1) Attending as many as my schedule allows

2)Done! Did pretty ok. Top 20 in my division, did ok but not great overall.

3) Got the gun, still haven't done a match in standard.

4) Sold one so far, still want to sell more.

5) Got a shotgun, now need to find a place to skeet skeet.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Liam Acerbus posted:

Done. But will I actually see it this year?

It's an RPB M11A1 .380

My seller's form 4 has been approved, so I will at least get to hold it this year!

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

EduardoEspecial posted:

I finally did a match with it. Won the division and came in second overall!

californiasushi
Jun 6, 2004

2019 goals

try a new slim 9mm: we have a shield and a glock 26 and i'd like to see if maybe a glock 43 or sig p365 would work out better for me. a glock 26 is nice but it's not as comfortable to me as a shield. i'd like to see how the g43 compares to a shield in terms of shootability and comfort for carry. i do like the capacity of a g26 and i'm curious how the sig is, despite all its issues

got a g43, cuts my hand a little when i shoot it, but it's a good deal lighter and more carryable than the shield. still waiting to see how the romeozero is before i commit to a sig p365xl

build a 6.5 grendel: i've wanted to do one for a while since 5.56 isn't an incredible performer. with lilja doing a group buy on 14.5" barrels i'm still trying to decide between that and a 16" to do a general purpose battle-rifle type gun. i'd put a ~2-10x type optic on it and an offset red dot. i was hoping magpul would release pmags for 6.5 grendel but i see from shot that they're on the pcc bandwagon. i don't mind though since i'll pick up some of their pmags for our evo scorpion

we got a lightly used 12" psa 6.5 grendel upper and did some preliminary testing today with a razor 2e 1-6x. i shot 1 5-shot group with 7 different types of ammo and hornady black 123gr eldm shot the best, a 1.25" group at 100y. wolf 100gr fmj shot 2.5", which is pretty decent. the other groups were just kinda whatever.

i ran the #'s with hornady black and wolf against our 16" dd lw shooting 75gr hornady handloads. shooting match (hornady black) out of the 12" 6.5g yields better performance than the 16" 5.56 at sea level with standard conditions. the 12" 6.5g goes subsonic a little past 875y whereas the 16" 5.56 is a little past 775y. in a 10 mph wind, it'll drift about 1.5 to 4 minutes less from 600 to 1000y. the probability of hitting an ipsc at 600y with average wind reading ability in medium difficulty conditions is about the same, 62% with the 12" 6.5g vs 61.6% with the 16" 5.56 but it'll hit the target with 70% more energy. all in all, not bad for a gun with a 4" shorter barrel. with wolf, for the bc i guessed, the drift is comparable to the 16" 5.56 (as is velocity, it goes subsonic at about 750y) but because of the worse accuracy, the hit ratio on an ipsc at 600y drops to 51.9% which still isn't that bad considering the ammo is only 25 cpr at sgammo. even with wolf the grendel still has a little more energy though. now i just need to shoot it at farther distances to see how it does and also try to true the wolf bc

californiasushi fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 15, 2019

Eating_Babies
Feb 21, 2003

I wanted an AR-15 but also wanted to go into debt so I got an HK MR556A1.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MohawkSatan posted:

1) actually go out and shoot. I'm not sure I fired a single round in 2018.
2) get ahold of some reloading supplies. Seriously, I've had primed .303 cases ready to go for a year, just no bullets or powder.
2a) cast all the bullets. Get lead, cast more bullets. Shoot all the bullets.
3) fix my TT-33. The few parts I need have been ordered from loving Russia, but I'm still waiting on them to arrive.
4) actually shoot the damned Tokarev. I've had it for years and never fired a shot.

Oh hey, slightly more done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

californiasushi
Jun 6, 2004

finished my 2019 goals

1) wanted to try a slim 9 and we got a g43 and sig p365xl
2) wanted to build a 6.5 grendel and got a psa 12" 6.5g upper
3) wanted to add to our night capability and got a nv clip-on (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3407808&pagenumber=150#post501007659)