Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I have made so much damned progress over the past few days.

Primed and quartered 40 Hellblasters and 18 Inceptors.
Painted the shoulder trim and Aquila on 40 Hellblasters.

Batch Painting is Best Painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

dexefiend posted:

I have made so much damned progress over the past few days.

Primed and quartered 40 Hellblasters and 18 Inceptors.
Painted the shoulder trim and Aquila on 40 Hellblasters.

Batch Painting is Best Painting.

I finished cleaning up and priming three Primaris Librarians and a Repulsor Executioner. It took a lot of filing, sanding, and green stuff but I think it's time well spent.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

18 Inceptors: Quartered and Assembled
40 Hellblasters: Quartered, Aquilas painted, and guns mostly painted in an SRM inspired pattern:

It was great to make so much progress in an extended weekend!

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 29, 2019

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
Today I painted some pink horrors (just the base coat and a wash) and started painting my old plague drone from dark imperium. It feels good to just work through my backlog.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Started work on prepping my Tau Commander for painting. Primed them and just blocking in the blacks tonight, before i start base coating. The most laborious part of painting them is going to be the torso and jet pack.Once that's done, though, it should an easy, downhill slide.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I finished my Luke Skywalker from the Legion starer box. It's my first real attempt at anything more advanced then basecoat+wash.
It's not really very good, but I learned a lot. It's a little darker overall then I would like, and I had a lot of toruble with the blue glaze acting more like a wash, but I made some progress in learning techniques, so I'll take it.

mccnaol
May 26, 2018
Burned myself out a bit with painting troops so cleansed my pallet with these guys.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Screaming so loud you deafen the enemy.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One part down, another ten to go!

I decided on using a purple for the energy/power effects. It's going to be diffuse on this because, they're standing on solid ground and not jumping/landing.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Second engine done!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
That's an awesome, intricate paint job. Nicely done.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Needed a distraction and this was it.

Glazes and washes are a lot of fun.

Apologies if the pictures are poopy. Its been raining non-stop here lately

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Irate Tree posted:

Apologies if the pictures are poopy. Its been raining non-stop here lately

.... what does one have to do with the other?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

.... what does one have to do with the other?

Err, lack of appropriate lighting? The sun is hidden behind clouds! Been like that for three days and i don't have no fancy light box for which to take spiffy pictures in!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The sun hiding behind clouds is better lighting for photos than clear skies. Clouds are natures natural light diffuser.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can see that for just a generally cloudy day. I was just worried they would show up too muted, since it's basically a thick blanket up there.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If you photograph in the rain, the humidity messes with the photons and you get a fuzzy photo. It's just like primer.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glazes are cool and good.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Took me way to long to get to this point due some hellish university workload but lately i've been making some real progress on this guy:

Colours are starting to come together and then it's on to edge-highlights.
There's a lot more flat surface that i'm used to so i've been playing around with deliberate brush texture.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Went for a red wash in places before applying the glaze. I think it turned out great!

mccnaol
May 26, 2018
Went to a local tournament at the weekend and these guys won best painted army. I won't mention about how I actually did in the tournament though 😂

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Those are some fine looking dudebros.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Some work on my nurgle iron warriors warband and a bonus AOS Khorgorath

mccnaol
May 26, 2018
Eliminators done

Now all I have to do is paint 3 reivers before Saturday for a tournament. Why do I always leave this to last minute 🤣

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

Some work on my nurgle iron warriors warband and a bonus AOS Khorgorath

What is the formula for the dark armor on your marines?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Two Beans posted:

What is the formula for the dark armor on your marines?

It’s really simple! Leadbelcher over black base, two heavy coats of Nuln oil and then heavy drybrush of Ryza Rust.

There’s definitely a lot more you could do to improve it like layering up the leadbelcher properly, but I’m going for speed more than anything else.

E:i think I actually did another wash of agrax earth shade after the Nuln oil across everything not just the armour to dirty things up a bit more

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 5, 2019

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another update on my Commander.

Almost hosed it up when i applied too thick a glaze to his legs but managed to fix it. After i give them a varnish, it'll be base work and painting the guns.

So - much - work.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
That teal on his head and shoulder plates is a really nice color.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is, eh. It's just Vallejo Scurvy/Jade/Foul Green, washed with Citadel Coelia Greenshade.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now with fuzzy base.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Nice!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is thread a 2020 thread? I may be being blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Irate Tree posted:

Now with fuzzy base.

Spray that base with enough coats of sealer that it is rock hard or it will keep shedding until it looks like a dog with mange.