Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Flannelette posted:

Probably meant to simulate how women see 5'10 men, goldeneye was very ahead of its time.

That they're overpowered and make everyone around them extremely angry with their speed and inability to easily get hit in the head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
wow, the only oddjob i ever knew was the dude who married pele

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Weird fact: Louis CK wrote the Goldeneye N64 game.
Cool, another BS excuse they'll give for why it isn't on the N64 Classic.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
If there was one thing from the game I remember, it was definitely the writing.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Weird fact: Louis CK wrote the Goldeneye N64 game.

you get out of this thread with these disgusting lies

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Who cares if James Bond was rapey or not (he was), he was a tool of western imperialism and murderer for hire.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I just wish the remastered goldeneye had of been released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRRuhviJGMQ

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Oddjob was overrated, rad dudes played Jaws.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
You could always tell who the shitheads of the friends groups were- they always played oddjob who is more like opjob iykwim

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

Who cares if James Bond was rapey or not (he was), he was a tool of western imperialism and murderer for hire.

He could have done without the raping it's a smidge too much.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a bit in Skyfall where Bond is definitely rapey considering the context. (and a bit not long after where he's counter-rapey towards the villain by implying he's bi) He's worse in the books. There's at least one case where he screws a lesbian straight.

And I'm pretty sure they did mix up Oddjob with Knick-knack.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
just play with the Turok control bindings, its much better in general

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Laslow posted:

There's not going to be an N64 classic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hammerite posted:

just play with the Turok control bindings, its much better in general

Is it not default move with one, aim with other? That's the way to go. Shoulder buttons for targeting

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is it not default move with one, aim with other? That's the way to go. Shoulder buttons for targeting

the default is that the C-buttons aim and the control stick walks. Which is awkward IMO compared to using the C-buttons to walk and strafe and the control stick to aim

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There's not going to be an N64 classic.

I can't wait for gameboy classic

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Rutibex posted:

holy cow a game boy classic with like a few dozen good games would own so hard

i've argued for years that the game boy had a library at least on par with the original NES

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

food court bailiff posted:

i've argued for years that the game boy had a library at least on par with the original NES

Has it been worth it?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Rutibex posted:

Game gear classic that's the size of a smartphone but still uses 6 double A's.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

For anyone saying that James Bond is a rapist I'll have you know that the character was written and acted extremely gentlemanly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWfObq2cFk

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ok not gonna lie that was a pretty sick move using her as a body shield against her fat knife wielding husband.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

snack eater posted:

they just confuse him with Knick Knack?

this is what occurred, op.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Son of Rodney posted:

he was modelled after your penis OP lmao owned

That funny, all the ladies I know want to play with Oddjob.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Figured I'd get more hits on the Random Task getting his nuts beat to death.

Now I'm sad. :smith:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

snack eater posted:

Was it casual racism against asians or did they just confuse him with Knick Knack?

Probably the racism one because that would be keeping in tone with the novel.

Which was really racist...

Ian Fleming posted:

Bond intended to stay alive on his own terms. Those terms included putting Odd-Job or any other Korean firmly in place, which in Bond’s estimation was lower than apes in the mammalian hierarchy.

and

Ian Fleming posted:

Goldfinger took the cat from under his arm and tossed it to the Korean who caught it eagerly – “I am tired of seeing this animal around. You may have it for dinner.” The Korean’s eyes gleamed.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
oddjob karate chopped a steel bar in half dude is a beast

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Valko posted:

For anyone saying that James Bond is a rapist I'll have you know that the character was written and acted extremely gentlemanly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWfObq2cFk

James Bond doesn't hit women in the newer movies. The franchise has lost it's roots.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

they should make james bond gay otherwise his character is identical except he abuses and beats the poo poo out of twinks

also a reverse pussy galore type character that he turns gay

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Laslow posted:

that's fine because it wasn't a good game then and would be an absolute sluggish nightmare to play today. it's not even the best shooter on the 64.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Chrs Gry posted:

and

Oh absolutely. He wrote about half-Chinese/half-black people in Dr. No, calling them "chigroes" and that they were the ugliest people in the world.

Even more hilariously, he wrote in Diamonds Are Forever (just reread it) that Bond had an "affection for negroes", after discussing American racism towards blacks. As Felix Leiter tells him, "You can't even order a jigger here. You have to order a jegro" or something like that.

Having said that, as much more brilliant Goldfinger's plot in the movie was than the book (he literally just wanted to rob Fort Knox), Goldfinger had a waaaay bigger gold fetish. Eating gold-colored food, drinking only gold-coloured champagne, and even hiring exclusively Koreans for their "gold faces".

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

that's fine because it wasn't a good game then and would be an absolute sluggish nightmare to play today. it's not even the best shooter on the 64.

TWINE was better and at least on par with Perfect Dark.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

As Nero Danced posted:

TWINE was better and at least on par with Perfect Dark.

That's insane, never say that again

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Goldeneye was awesome then, and is still fun to play.
And Perfect Dark is ok.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Grape posted:

Goldeneye was awesome then, and is still fun to play.
And Perfect Dark is ok.

My god imagine missing your childhood this much

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Perfect Dark answers the ageless question if "what if we had a wallhax gun, but like, intentionally?"

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

feelix posted:

My god imagine missing your childhood this much

I don't take FPS stuff seriously at all, it's real fun to just sit down and blast away at lol.
Yeah it looks ugly as hell now, but it's aged better than most 64 graphics.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chrs Gry posted:

and

That's no way to treat a pet

mojo1701a posted:

and even hiring exclusively Koreans for their "gold faces".

Have you ever heard something that was so weird it kinda makes you gloss over how racist it is?

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 4, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

It was Halo before Halo. It didn't have to be the best shooter out there, it just had to run smooth on a console and have easy couch multiplayer. It was a huge success because it competently did something that had mostly failed on the N64.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
goldeneye is the worst james bond game; there's one on the ps2 that has a grappling hook which lets you spider-man across the room in multiplayer. That one is much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

FactsAreUseless posted:

It was Halo before Halo. It didn't have to be the best shooter out there, it just had to run smooth on a console and have easy couch multiplayer. It was a huge success because it competently did something that had mostly failed on the N64.

For a lot of people who didn't play PC games it was the first real shooter they played outside of anus console ports of Doom or Wolf 3D that looked and ran like garbage, although there was something weird about my friends freaking the gently caress out over Goldeneye after I played Quake II around the same time.