Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's basically A Quiet Place but with the characters being denied their eyesight instead of ability to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I rip a bareass fart as I rush forward GAS THIS YOU SHITHEADS

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I know Evan in security I'm going to get him to look through the footage and find these nerds. I used a paper towel to gather the robot bits to look for fingerprints or whatever

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Lime Tonics posted:

She dated kid rock. she has no taste.

And that other white supremacist

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Extra Large Marge posted:

Nice try Netflix marketing but I already learned my lesson when you tricked me into watching that lovely "Bright" movie.

Yeah, ha-ha, orc cop! Iggety-ig-igg- Orc Cop, the Iggety Orc Cop!
Iggety-ig-igg- Orc Cop, the Iggety Orc-Orc--

--Orc Cop, never gonna stop
Better watch the clock, cause an orc is a cop, now
Half orc, half cop, Orc is on top
Cop is on the bottom, scales? Badge? Yeah, he got ‘em

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

The robot was just a roomba with a phone playing A Quiet Place taped on it what are you DOING, JESUS DAVE

I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE IT, TUESDAY IS BRO MOVIE NIGHT

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I said the shitter was my quiet place not let's watch a quiet place god drat it dude now I have to do a wet wipe

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I’m almost positive bird box was written by a computer algorithm.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

I noticed it right when it appeared and watched it. I thought it was pretty good, A Quiet Place combined with The Happening. Good but not great.

Don't understand all the meme poo poo and why 45 million accounts watched it and all the crap that's going on now with it. There's tons of Netflix movies like this that are pretty good, but not great, and no one says anything about them.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

a bone to pick posted:

watch the new hellraiser movie instead

Is it actually good? One and two are the only real Hellraiser movies to me so that's why I stopped watching the sequels.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Only ever heard people talking about how people are talking about it

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Netflix has never made anything as good as Cobra Kai.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I wish Netflix had picked up Ash vs Evil Dead

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Evil Agita posted:

Shes 54 and I'm supposed to believe she has a 5 year old?

In the book the character is a young college student.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Other good Netflix movies of the top of my head:

Embers

A Dark Song

The Shrine

The Void

House of the Devil

Pretty much any A24 film

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Buster loving Scruggs, people

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Telebite posted:

Embers

A Dark Song

The Shrine

The Void

House of the Devil

Pretty much any A24 film

Void is intense

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Tolkien minority posted:

This movie looks like garbage and I don’t care how many lovely memes I see about it I’m not gonna watch it!!!

Also hot take: netflix originals are almost all bad

for the movies i agree. Ive watched most of them and im gonna say only the ones written by the workaholics crew are good. The package: a movie about a dude who accidently cuts his dick off with a butterfly knife while camping and his friends + sister's attempt to return it to him and game over man: a comedy homage to die hard where marv from home alone gets his dick cut off.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so the monster is a robot?

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

The Dennis System posted:

Netflix has never made anything as good as Cobra Kai.

Is this a real opinion?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Often Abbreviated posted:

Sandra Bullock move your career on already you are too old to play young mothers and rookie spacewomen. Take Tom Cruise with you.

No the other way around

Tom Cruise please make Sandra Bullock leap out of real airplanes onto other real airplanes when she's 60

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so the monster is a robot?

If it's a robot, would you say it's a bad robot?

Cloverfield 4 confirmed

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just learned that Sandra Bullock has facial treatments involving Korean infant foreskin. The world isn't getting any less weird.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

a bone to pick posted:

watch the new hellraiser movie instead

wasn’t there talk of them making another one recently but actually good? was weird tubby pinhead the result of that? I love hellraiser 1&2

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is the robot like those little spiderbots from Minority Report? Those were cute and I would consider listening to them.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Evil Agita posted:

Shes 54 and I'm supposed to believe she has a 5 year old?

Netflix please.

Theres a blind school... its out in the middle of the woods for some reason?

Netflix please.

Haven't seen the movie but recently read the book which was pretty good.

Really really don't know what the movie people were doing casting a middle-aged woman (however well-preserved) in the main role though, should be someone who could pass for 20-something. (Backstory has her move out of her parents' place to be roommates with her sister, then get pregnant without really meaning to, and then the world goes to poo poo before she gives birth.) Now we may be well used to seeing actors shoved into roles which stretch their ages quite a bit, so to speak, but this is slightly absurd.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Sandra bullock? Meh.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

gbs but from 2004 posted:

wasn’t there talk of them making another one recently but actually good? was weird tubby pinhead the result of that? I love hellraiser 1&2

If I remember right, Clive Barker isn't interested in more Hellraiser. He's been trying for the last two decades to get a Weaveworld TV or streaming series made.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

How does one navigate a river blindfolded

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Kazak posted:

How does one navigate a river blindfolded

It wasn't easy!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They should have made the movie audio only and then it would win some innovation awards

Just have the award show being staffed by Netflix employees like they do their comedy specials

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

did anybody say hellmans raiser yet???

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat

Telebite posted:

Embers

A Dark Song

The Shrine

The Void

House of the Devil

Pretty much any A24 film

Don't forget The Night Comes for Us.

That movie owned.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

serious norman posted:

Sandra bullock? Meh.

As far as I know she's still never been in a better movie than Demolition Man. Which I unironically love.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Free Cheese posted:

As you turn to kick the door it explodes inwards in a green haze. You can glimpse movement behind the thick fog flowing into the bathroom. Your phone starts to ring

Can I ready an action?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I liked it. Come at me.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

I liked it. Come at me.

I think the ending made up for how hammy and telegraphed some of the tension building was

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Netflix has had some really fun horror movies but this was not one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Telebite posted:

Is it actually good? One and two are the only real Hellraiser movies to me so that's why I stopped watching the sequels.

gbs but from 2004 posted:

It's not great, extremely low budget, but it has its moments. Made my squeamish friend sick.