Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Switchback posted:

Cross post from the r/relationships thread

My (32F) husband (36M) wants to start a 'restaurant for magicians', and it is tearing our family apart.

https://rareddit.com/r/relationships/comments/d63urb/my_32f_husband_36m_wants_to_start_a_restaurant/

The comments are all like "either your husband is bipolar or they are doing a LOT of blow together."

Why does this read like a cut storyline from Arrested Development?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Magician and soup tube guy need to get together.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
I mean, the Magic Castle^W^WGothic Castle was in multiple AD plots.

so was the Gothic rear end in a top hat

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I googled "cards against humanity but for horses" and came up with three different games. Yikes

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I saw this and immediately thought about the previous discussion about Americans' inability to comprehend fractions.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Heffer posted:

I googled "cards against humanity but for horses" and came up with three different games. Yikes

Does one of them involve Mr Hands?

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I saw this and immediately thought about the previous discussion about Americans' inability to comprehend fractions.

There was a fast food chain that tried to compete with the "quarter pounder" of another chain, so they introduced a "third pounder", and failed miserably for the same reason.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

theHUNGERian posted:

There was a fast food chain that tried to compete with the "quarter pounder" of another chain, so they introduced a "third pounder", and failed miserably for the same reason.

A&W, back when people still remembered the company existed.

The only time I ever see an A&W anymore is either in some small town or as one of those weird KFC/A&W combo restaurants that seem to have half the menu of each restaurant and not the half anyone wants.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Vice President posted:

A&W, back when people still remembered the company existed.

The only time I ever see an A&W anymore is either in some small town or as one of those weird KFC/A&W combo restaurants that seem to have half the menu of each restaurant and not the half anyone wants.

Apparently A&W is the go to fast food place in Canada.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Grumpwagon posted:

They wish.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Maybe not go-to up here but you certainly know it exists because they run ads all the time

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I think they’re more widely-known than widely-visited, at least where I’ve lived.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Grumpwagon posted:

A&W Canada is a completely separate business from the US branch since the early 1970s, and from everything I’ve heard is a top notch dining experience.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

They're almost as common as McDonalds around here and definitely better than it

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing they do badly is fries.

Onion rings and burgers are top notch though.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

15 years ago, I used to live near an A&W in Austin and their root beer on tap was just amazing. Now I live closer to a Culver's on North Austin, and it's got even better food, beverages, and desserts I think. And even their diet root beer from the fountain is top notch (Not to be confused with Top Notch Burgers, which is only ok).

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Culver's is well worth a trip if you ever see one. Just not if you have a heart condition.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Culver's is well worth a trip if you ever see one. Just not if you have a heart condition.

I dunno, a little risk makes your food taste better.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Last page posted:

Car maintenance chat

Courtesy of the comics thread, but I thought it was fitting.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

I've been to an A&W once, at the Medan airport in Indonesia and they were out of root beer so gently caress A&W forever. The food wasn't good either.

Haha that's where I watched a foreigner buy a phone charger. As he walked out of the shop, apparently he was googling the exchange rate, because he did a 180 and asked to return it. The clerk said sorry, no, all sales are final, and he was PISSED. Starting shouting about he just bought it one minute ago, while the clerk stayed so calm just like "I'm sorry sir you should have checked the price before you bought it." I looked after he left and it was like $65USD, no wonder he was so mad.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Jordan7hm posted:

The only thing they do badly is fries.

Onion rings and burgers are top notch though.

I personally like their cheese curds.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the cook-out is the One True Regional Fast Food Champion, i'll also accept votes for whataburger

cook-out: gwm, bwbmi

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

the cook-out is the One True Regional Fast Food Champion, i'll also accept votes for whataburger

cook-out: gwm, bwbmi

Man I miss whataburger. Was a staple in college

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Risking your medical license in the hope of making your wife's MLM "business" lose less money this month: BWM.

quote:

Psychiatrist (MD) recommended unregulated DoTerra product (MLM essential oils) and provided his wife’s information for it. Who should I report this to?

I’m a student home from college and I noticed my brother’s care summary from his last psychiatrist appointment on the kitchen table. He’s 12 years old and I’ve spent the majority of his life taking care of him, even home schooling him one year, so I’m very up to date on his medical history. DoTerra for anyone who doesn’t know is one of those MLM companies like Mary Kay or LuluRoe but for essential oils. Essential oils are known to be dangerous when ingested as the doctor suggested. Doterra has even been flagged by the FDA for making false claims. At first I wasn’t sure why a doctor would suggest an unregulated product for my brother to ingest.

If you look at the picture available on my other post you’ll see I blacked out the email address and cell phone number of the woman the psychiatrist suggested to buy from. After talking with my mom, she told me that the woman is actually the psychiatrist’s WIFE!

The other sub suggested I report this to the state medical board but I worry that this won’t be taken seriously. Are there any other channels I should be looking into because this seems highly unethical and borderline dangerous? Would the FDA be able to step in because the psychiatrist is suggesting an unregulated substance for consumption?

Any specific advice would be helpful because I don’t want this guy and his wife to continue to profit off of his patients and potentially harm a child. The office is specifically for children so I worry some parents may not think twice about giving this to their kids.

TL;DR: Psychiatrist recommended an unregulated essential oil sold by his wife for my 12 year old brother to ingest.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Risking your medical license in the hope of making your wife's MLM "business" lose less money this month: BWM.

oh my god

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Chaotic Flame posted:

Man I miss whataburger. Was a staple in college

I have heard legends of the Whatachick'n sandwich, better then any sandwich created by man!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

You mean I could have been doing this the entire time? :v:

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

You shouldn't poison kids... unless it's the depressed ones. They're a real bummer.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Depressed kids aren't very good money. Depressed adults are where the money really starts flowing in. And what's a really good way to make depressed adults???

This guy is GWM.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ive been to an a&w in vancouver and the entire floor was sticky

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

There used to be an A&W and Taco Bell hybrid restaurant where I lived.

It closed down in 2012, but was apparently a very rare combo. Most A&Ws in America were stand-alone or paired with KFC.

That is my A&W story. Namaste.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

There used to be an A&W and Taco Bell hybrid restaurant where I lived.

It closed down in 2012, but was apparently a very rare combo. Most A&Ws in America were stand-alone or paired with KFC.

That is my A&W story. Namaste.

The rarest of birds is the legendy Kentacohut.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It's one thing to have an Escape Velocity habit in grade school and miss some assignments, but continuing to do that when you are supposed to be working or spending time with your loved one is getting into gambling addiction territory.

Anyone who could get their hands on a computer in middle school was playing Escape Velocity. That game was like crack, minus the drugs part

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Hotel Kpro posted:

Anyone who could get their hands on a computer in middle school was playing Escape Velocity. That game was like crack, minus the drugs part

Escape velocity override was absolutely incredible.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

The rarest of birds is the legendy Kentacohut.

I prefer the longjonbell.

Tacos and seafood.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Escape velocity override was absolutely incredible.

So many hours waiting to pass through the planets so you could press the j key.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Shot:

Chaser:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

$12 an hour :suicide:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

BWM: H0t🔥grannies-LOoking For-Se*X🍌💦🤤🔞 Give them your card # and see what they do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

What did they do?