Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The calculator would only go to 99% but look at this

Year Principal Interest Total Paid Balance
2019 $1.44 $13,748.12 $13,749.56 $14,998.56
2020 $3.94 $14,995.58 $14,999.52 $14,994.62
2021 $10.33 $14,989.19 $14,999.52 $14,984.29
2022 $26.96 $14,972.56 $14,999.52 $14,957.33
2023 $70.43 $14,929.09 $14,999.52 $14,886.90
2024 $184.05 $14,815.47 $14,999.52 $14,702.85
2025 $480.90 $14,518.62 $14,999.52 $14,221.95
2026 $1,256.51 $13,743.01 $14,999.52 $12,965.44
2027 $3,282.97 $11,716.55 $14,999.52 $9,682.47
2028 $8,577.77 $6,421.75 $14,999.52 $1,104.70
2029 $1,104.70 $92.05 $1,196.75 $0.00
Totals $15,000.00 $134,941.99 $149,941.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Krispy Wafer posted:

One company (Green smoke or something) went bankrupt after a bunch of their loans were declared illegal in certain states.

The extraordinary interest rates reflect the fact its entirely possible they’ll be outlawed and lose their assets.

Courts can rule outrageous contracts void. If they want to collect they eventually need the local court system to issue a judgement or garnishment.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

therobit posted:

Because rebalancing your portfolio with your target retirement date in mind is not a thing at all.

You want me to get out of aggressive leveraged growth funds and lose all those potential gains? I need those to hit my retirement goal! A guy at work said he invested in Facetime and has been able to afford a top of the line Camry.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Fhqwhgads posted:

I...I've never been cool enough to be in a gang, I wouldn't know where to begin :ohdear:

fish crew baby!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think you should buy a used singer 911 as your commuter car. It probably has zero depreciation. Take that corolla.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Aren't S2000 $20k bux now? I suggest you buy a 1991 ZR1 corvette with 18k miles for the same money. So what if it is a unicorn that no parts are available for. Just point at the engine and say 32 valves chumps.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Who cheats at running a superbowl square and doesn't give himself the 0s and 3s?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The dodge dealer around here has a 1917 in the showroom, I have not asked how much.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Honda probably gave thiem $5,000 for selling such an old new car.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Yikes. At least most timeshares are some large American Corporation subject to minimal consumer protections, this is some Austrian owned mega scam. I am in awe of the BWM purchase. 35k for $15 in negative sales value, impressive.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

One of those (depressingly common) cases where the law has to make a determination because the legislative and/or executive did something essentially absurd and stupid. In this case, slapping import tariffs on vegetables but not fruits, and failing to be explicit in the law as to what exactly those terms covered.

I wish there was a mechanism under judicial review to send legislation back to its originator with a "fix this, you idiots" requirement.

It is not absurd or stupid when you consider that US Fruit Company bribes a lot of people, err contributes not bribes.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

DominoKitten posted:

do you remember the whole taco truck on every corner bit during the 2016 election, because it definitely had the flavor of denying me and mine delicious burrito options

I thought for sure I would get a taco truck on my corner now I am even more sad.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Krispy Wafer posted:

It’s always possible it would have gone to NPR.

That is not a good thing.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

tater_salad posted:

Friends don't let friends crypto

Then how are they supposed to afford horse chefs huh? Some friend you are.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Imagine money but you rely upon the free market to authenticate the currency and it could take hours and over $20 to use that money to buy a bag of hard candy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

opengl128 posted:

I checked the moviepass reddit every once in a while when I was using it just for service updates and stuff, and yeah, a ton of those morons invested in HMNY thinking it was gonna explode. Sure the service was fun while it lasted but who in their right mind thought that was a sustainable and profitable business model?

That is irrelevant to stock price though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

spoiler, everyone went bankrupt.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I spent $300 on the vet for a cat and the cat doesn't even like me. It did learn to poop in a box though so not all bad. Someday that cat poop will be worth millions if we ever get rid of Obama!!!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Even with the cost I approve of that crown vic purchase and recommend he stop paying on those rims so he can get a kenne bell supercharger and some weld wheels with slicks. Those are good on a daily driver right?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Chic fil a doesn't sell franchises you sign up as some sort of manager owner and they self finance it I believe. That way they keep control of the quality and can just fire you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

please knock Mom! posted:

I'm so wealthy I eat cats

Alf?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I was at tractor supply and chickens were way more expensive than 50 cents. Were they some exotic chickens? They were $2 and I though I can buy one at costco cooked for just a little more.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Grem posted:

University coaches are the highest paid people in all but 11 states.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...elf-bob-huggins

Nick Saban makes 100 times the Alabama governor.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Barry posted:

So this guy is taking home from $40-$150/week (pretax?) and is trying to support two people and isn't completely panicked? Those must be some good meds.

But putting groceries on a shelf for $400 a week was too stressful.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

You just know there is some business owner that is going to park some money in this coin to hit that 5% tier and then commence putting several million dollars in annual expenditures and break this company

What does MCO cost? Do they pay the rebate in MCOs? That would be a problem.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Residency Evil posted:

I’m not sure why I’m surprised you can do a cash out refi on a truck.

https://www.onemainfinancial.com/personal-loans/cash-out-refinance

Looks like it is a popular niche! Who keeps saying banks won't loan money?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

So what is the tip? Get divorced or don't pay your rent or both?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

I predict a sneaker mortgage financial crisis.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Someone post the horse boat again, thanks.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Moneyball posted:

I was listening to a podcast and one of the guys went to Disney with his wife and daughter. At one point, they let the daughter go ride some rides, while he went with his wife to go to a workshop where you make your own lightsaber for $200+

Bring the kid along and let her make it in awe? Have your wife make it? No, do it yourself, manchild.

Apparently it's just a bunch of parts with a bored instructor telling you what part goes where, done in about 15 minutes.That will make a fine replacement for the katana over your fireplace gaming rig

Disney lightsabers are the new horseboat.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Nocheez posted:

Every time my wife wants to start on kid #2, I point at toddler #1.

You are gonna lose this fight, wives are BWM investments.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I have a groupon for skull cleaning and one for body gemification. You are welcomed family not dead before I am.

https://www.lonite.com/en/price.html#price-list

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 19, 2020

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

TraderStav posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/01/30/student-loan-debt-lawyer/

This Couple Owes $900,000 In Student Loans - Now, This Happened

Love to enjoy doing frivolous lawsuits so much that I should just go become a lawyer in my late 50s with almost $400k in debt, just to be unable to use my degree.

Then have another $500k in loans with my partner somehow??

Looks like she needs to file more lawsuits.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bird in a Blender posted:

Not that COVID is as bad as the plague, but you can't do real comparisons anyway. What is COVID's death rate if we took away modern medicine? Lots of people are ending up in the hospital, on ventilators, but recovering. Those people would probably die if we transported back in time 600 years.

Also people would be selling the deads clothes to other people etc. plus pooping in the street.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ixian posted:

Imagine a Findom who took a percentage of money she saved clients and did things like punish them with the silent treatment if their debt to income ratio went above a certain percentage, etc.

If there can be a kink as fantastically weird and stupid as Findom in the first place why not this twist on it? i.e. "You don't need a new truck Tom! And where is your 6 month safety net you stupid gently caress?!"

Sorry your portfolio is way out of balance, no pictures for you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

canyoneer posted:

My AMERICAN MADE Ford assembled in Mexico, a good domestic car, not like a Honda manufactured in Greensburg, Indiana (India?)

The Toyota Sienna Minivan is the most American Automobile that exists. It is only sold in North America from the highest percentage of USA parts of any car in the world, and obviously the US. Also built in India? ana.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

threelemmings posted:

Be very careful, only Anus brand anus candles are flared at the base, accept no imitation

I think the safety glass container is of higher concern over a regular old glass container.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Fasdar posted:

Alright money dorks, what would you do with a 16k inherited IRA currently sitting in a diversified array of accounts at Morgan Stanley? I am thinking the best worst move I could make is to buy a used truck. Any thoughts?

Move it to a brokerage not Morgan Stanley

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Motronic posted:

Yeah. Unless the executor has their poo poo together, knows "oh, I need to hire a probate attorney and the estate will pay for that" and has the time to do so......it's always a mess.

Just hire the probate firm YOURSELF. The same place that wrote your will can do it just fine.

You should liquidate everything to buy the biggest tombstone with a QR code to all your old posts, at least that is what I’m doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

StormDrain posted:

Anyone watch this Money Explained show on Netflix? I just quit it after the graphic that showed the difference between MLMs and Pyramid schemes. Turns out MLMs are legitimate businesses.

So weird that both sides of this graphic are identical.

Do you not see the these are not equal graphic?