Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I was talking with a client and he was checking the approval for his suppressor (only like almost a year). Don’t try anything at that guy’s bank.

The BWM was us talking about how much we wanted to buy wood furniture for ARs and just fudd them to hell and back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I haven’t worked on any of those projects, but shop condos are a good place to store your toys and work on them, plus then the old ball and chain doesn’t know when you buy another project car.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I still have a library book out from 3rd grade when my parents moved. I drove my old schoold this weekend, I should probably go return that book soon as I live a couple miles away.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Nocheez posted:

My favorite story was one from my hometown where a guy had a book in his closet then went to fight in WW2. It was like 47 years later when he found it in his mom's house. I forget the ridiculous sum they calculated the fees to be (over $30k?) but obviously they won't charge you more than the book cost.

We just had a news story about a 49 year old late fee, but they didn’t have a fine schedule from then.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Just tag yourself for jerryoftheday.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I went to the ski apparel store by me hoping to look at jackets for next season, left a base layer and mid layer heavier...

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

Just ask Zion Williamson about bricked shoes

Masonry footwear will never be the same. The long monopoly of cement shoes will be ending.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Whatevery you do, don’t try to bring your spent brass into Singapore. And if you do, and manage to talk it down to a warning, make double sure you search every pocket in your luggage for more brass so the next time you go through Chang-i, you don’t pop the same warning and end up in a windowless room for 24 hours.

Talking from a friend’s experience...

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

TVsVeryOwn posted:

How much should I budget for any additional weddings after the first? It's gotta be like at least 15% less per, right?

The parental contribution is typically much less on the second one though.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

What kinds of crazy incentives/tax policies require the definition of jam?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Singapore does the same thing.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Sometimes life comes at you fascists.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Pretty much no. That Argentine collapse book that preppers love to cite boils down to: work together with your neighbors, you aren’t going to make it alone in the countryside without a lot of help.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

1.6 gallons in my apartment...

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah my last job split it between Personal Days, Sick Days, and Vacation Days so that they could offer a competitive amount of PTO but only need to pay out the barest of minimums. Clever fucks.

Is anyone here paid on commission but also gets any type of PTO? We can take a 1,2,3,4 week vacation literally any time we want, but we get paid $0 while we're out.

We call it the unlimited time off plan here, but same deal as you guys.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Re-tradeding on a car purchase agreement? That’s some scumminess!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Have any of your coworkers recentlyade bad chocies GGGC? Ours haven’t made BWM choices yet, but it’s been a bit since someone made the switch.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Doing a trade in lets you reduce the taxable sales price on your new vehicle by the value of the trade in, so that is also something to consider.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Does anyone still have those BitCoin "ATMs" in their cities anymore? They've all been pulled from here.

Last year I was given a list of retail prospects for a commercial building with a potential bitcoin ATM tenant. Somehow they hadn’t moved in when I got a new rent roll this year.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I’m the horsehead sandwiches that waste half a slice of bread for each side of the sandwich.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I mean, a gender reveal party where the hostess can drink is going to be better than when where they cannot.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Being in Singapore and seeing the supercars was cool until you realized that unless a car had diplomatic plates, it was never going over 55 miles an hour because of how tight they are on traffic enforcement.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Just sales in general, like, can you talk to someone and sell poo poo? Any poo poo, it doesn’t matter what, but if you can sell poo poo you can sell bigger poo poo. We have a successful industrial broker in our office who was hired from the jewelry store where he was working after college.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I’m pretty sure being a National Merit Scholar chopped my public flagship in-state tuition in half or something.

Give me a sixer, I self-posted.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

SpartanIvy posted:

And that she gave enough info to probably figure out who she is. How many 20F mods are there of only those subreddits?

E: also if your mom knows what an Instagram rear end in a top hat is and thinks you're one, you are definitely one.

Seriously! Also tater_salad, give us a link, we need comments!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

$3,500 hotel suite to throw parties because her fake is too lovely for non-college bars.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I actually had a second cousin at Fyre. The first cousin that connects us is in the festival business and was annoyed because Fyre cousin didn’t ask him about it before paying $$$ on an unknown festival that was a shitshow.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Bring back the Arab Prince Hawk flight.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Over half of Iowa’s cropland is owned by a non-operator. A good chunk of that is retired farmers leasing the land for cash rents, but there are also doctors and lawyers that buy land to lease out. The farmer gets more acreage to scale without the land side of the capital equation, with land typically earning a return of 2-3%, so it’s not something you buy for massive income, more of a passive income/price speculation deal so a farmer is going to focus on higher return activities before buying land if there is equal available for lease.

Nebraska land is at least less screwed relative to Kansas as the aquifer is less tapped out there and recharges somewhat better.

Edit: Survey for those interested, only 20% is owner operated acreage in Iowa.
https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/wholefarm/html/c2-78.html

crazypeltast52 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 24, 2019

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

somebody explain to me the non-obvious reason why you would buy an expensive illiquid indivisible capital asset with a lot of transaction costs in order to yield the same amount of money as a savings account or CD, being on the wrong side of the agribusiness monopsony seems like a lovely situation to voluntarily get yourself into

Buying it hoping the value goes up up up!

https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/wholefarm/html/c2-70.html

Land went from $5k and acre in 2010 to a peak above $8k and acre before coming back down. Sometime you buy at the right time, sometimes you don’t.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I read the seasteading thread, I know how this one ends!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Dik Hz posted:

Most of it has been in the family for 120-150 years. It's not that people are buying it as investments. It's that they're just holding onto it and not selling.

This too. I keep pointing to the Iowa surveys because they have good data, but 46% of the non-operating landlords there received the land via gift or inheritance.

Edit: had to make sure I quoted a number on an acreage basis.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Dik Hz posted:

I'd bet the other half is banks who got the properties through foreclosure. No data to support that, just looking my community.

Where in MN area you again?

Chris and Eat Faster, I’ll drive this acreage if we want to form Goonfarm LLLP off foreclosed acreage.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Gavelkind like a scrub. Primogeniture is how he should do it.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

nothing

crazypeltast52 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 26, 2019

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Since I posted, I would be a liar if I said I wouldn’t accumulate so much NFA poo poo when I’m old and give zero fucks. Picking up brass for reloading will be what finally throws out my back.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Midjack posted:

I wouldn’t. The international and military markets work very differently than the US civilian market. Weapons will always be somewhat risky investments due to legislative vulnerability that can make them worthless overnight (see New Zealand and Connecticut) and to a lesser extent social stigma.

Margins might be good, but regulatory risks are high!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I agree, but these specific people are making over $150k a year and spending every last penny truck equity-tier dumb poo poo. It's just using your kids as an excuse to spend your whole paycheck.

We have the same kind in my office, so it isn’t just your company. Our 401k isn’t perfect, but is better than taxable at least?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Lol the Economist’s sister magazine is doing a whole issue this month on horse BWM

“why I hired a psychic to cure my horse” - 1843 magazine plunges into the world of alternative equine therapies.

Dammit I’m away from my dead tree copy, I need to dig i to this when I get home on Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

So what does this mean for stud fees? Are horse owners going to pay $KentuckyDerbyWinner money for this winner’s spawn? What does the DQed one look like?