Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
There were some sad, stupid posts in the gtat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Adiabatic posted:

I was wondering why AI literally doubled in traffic.

It's all the cars

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
This is the dick pic forum, not the car forum. Post your dick

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

One of you stethoscope wearing bastards needs to click 3 threads down and tell me if I have a cold or alcohol withdrawal

You an alcy lol

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Horse pun

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone help me budget my horses are dying!

you're doing good, keep going

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Sounds like this thread should go to E/N or The Goon Doctor next.

Wait why are we in trad games

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Of course that also ends up being a tax on Gatorade, and iced tea, and tonic water, and fruit juice, and I’m pretty sure any sugary food too. Not sure how they distinguished between natural good sugars and evil added sugars that give you cancerous autism and autoimmune diseases.

move thread back to goon doctor

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cyrano4747 posted:

Like all sin taxes they're regressive as gently caress and are a mechanism for telling others how to live their lives. Worse, since they're regressive, if you've got money you can do whatever the gently caress you want. A dude making thread favorite income $100,000.01/yr doesn't give two tough shits if a coke costs $1, $2, or $5.

The idea isn't just to make it harder to purchase the sugary product, the idea is to force companies to come up with less sugary products to stay competitive

1 millionaire can just drink a few sodas a day, the soda company doesn't give a gently caress about catering to rich people on the sales part of things. Same goes for all non-luxury consumable goods (aka the ones with all the sugar inside).

So you force people to pay a dollar extra to buy a sugary soda. Now the company either has to take the loss or charge more per soda, which means there's a financial stimulus to come up with a less sugary alternative for the company itself or a competitor.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cacafuego posted:

What I’d really like to know from you and other doctors is whether you’d still support this if physician salaries dropped to NHS levels.

Yes, but also the NHS is a failing institution (sabotaged intentionally) which lines the pockets of totally useless admin drones at the expense of among others (junior) doctors, so never use it as an example of government health care

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

sneakyfrog posted:

doesnt it still keep people from going bankrupt not to die though?

yeah while staying understaffed forever because it fucks over the people actually performing the work while rewarding useless loving administrators

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm so wealthy I eat cats

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Risky Bisquick posted:

It's cruel, but this is when you drop your cat off in the woods and put up the missing cat posters, telling the kids the cat went missing :ssh: GWM, BWMorals

Just tell your kids the cat died, wuss.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Human birth costs you like 40k in the US as well. Should get a coupon for a free new kid if you let one die because of expensive health care issues

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Doctors are still labor my dude

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GamingHyena posted:

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Thread delivers again

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The child has no reference frame, just don't be a lovely parent

That's easier without debts and with a stable career but it's never impossible

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

8one6 posted:

(Yes, I have some

No worries, we could tell

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hoodwinker posted:

For the wife or the bird? ha cha chaaa

I guess 'the bird' could be a nickname for your cock but tbh it's reaching

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

enraged_camel posted:

LASIK is both GWM and GWL y'all

Word

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vox Nihili posted:

You pretty much have to be the world's biggest idiot or an actual criminal to pay for a law degree.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Pursuing a phd just because of interest and without a plan to monetize it is for the independently wealthy

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

StormDrain posted:

Not impressed unless it's about two g's flat.

no need to worry, his accountant handles that

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah my wife has wanted a peloton for a while. She works long hours and likes to cycle/go to spin classes, so we’ll probably end up getting one at some point. My main problem with them is that the spin bike itself is worse in quality than ones you could get for a comparable amount, but then you don’t get the classes/integration so :shrug:. Our friends with pelotons seem to like them at least.

Did you imagine this when you set foot on the wards for the first time?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Same, tbh

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
worse than coal

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Better to serve in Cali than to rule in the Midwest

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bushido Brown posted:

Gold leaf is literally tasteless

Yeah and a properly seared steak's outside definitely isn't, so it's a really stupid idea

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

SlyFrog posted:

After all, people are weak, stupid, and need protection, right? It would be better for fat neckbeards if the government would step in and protect them by prohibiting the sale of Mountain Dew and Doritos to them.

agreed, OP

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Government defines potatoes as 'salad' and pizza as a serving of vegetables so it's probably for the best they don't get involved

I'm surprised we don't have more sin taxes than we do, since "accomplish nothing while grinding the poor beneath our heels" is like the first line of the Constitution

right now humans are under constant attack by corporations investing billions of dollars to make the cheapest and tastiest garbage and it'd be good to have that quashed

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

SlyFrog posted:

I imagine the made up voices in your head tell you lots of things, yes.

As opposed to the very real voices in yours you’re listening to?

Nanny laws own. Sucks for those immigrants but policy level smoking reduction is more important. If you want i can bring up some super sad lung cancer stories for easy points though.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Here’s the cold hard truth, there’s billions being spent to make sure you keep drinking booze and eating crap, and without introducing laws directly combating that you’re pitting joe schmoe against a hundred food science phds without any help. You’re delusional if you think you stand a chance as well, forums poster reading this. No amount of wealth and power insulates you from Nestle and Unilever

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Spend money on your chairs, beds, and food imo. BWM but good with back

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
People from the insane mass shooting country aren’t allowed to have opinions on government regulation

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Zaurg is old and boring

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hey you'll turn 33 one day too, dude

over half a decade to go

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
guess they ran out of money to spend on clothing

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah please tell me about the risk-free way to get 4% gains with 500 bucks a month and by the way, I want to pull the money back out in 6 months so it can't go down between now and then

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
everyone should own a lamy 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
suck my debt free knob