Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I just realized how insidious that one line in the Duck Tales theme song is.

"Might solve a mystery, or rewrite history"

So if they can't figure poo poo out, they'll just make it up and gaslight everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Isn’t it referring explicitly to time travel? Which honestly might be worse ethically.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's time travel. Usually accidental. Sometimes on purpose to make claims on a diamond mine

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It just means they might make a discovery that “rewrites the history books”. It’s a really common idiom and a regular plot point in boys’ adventure stories you weirdos

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always interpreted it as them potentially making a Jebediah Springfield-esque discovery that changes their understanding of their past.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I always interpreted it as them potentially making a Jebediah Springfield-esque discovery that changes their understanding of their past.

Right

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The really insidious lyric is "duckblur".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's really not a lot of episodes featuring racecars

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Life is like a hurricane
Here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, airplanes
It's a duck blur
Might solve a mystery
Or see a race car
Race Cars, whoo-hoo!
Every day they're out there driving
Race Cars, whoo-hoo!
D-d-d-danger lurks behind you
There's a race car out to find you
What to do? Just jump into a
Race Car, whoo-hoo!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

DeimosRising posted:

It just means they might make a discovery that “rewrites the history books”. It’s a really common idiom and a regular plot point in boys’ adventure stories you weirdos

Yes but this season had an episode where one of the triplets was using a time machine to do time crimes and it caused a time storm, so this was a timely derail

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Detective No. 27 posted:

In the later seasons of DuckTales they kidnapped/rescued a prehistorical duck Neanderthal.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is it really rewriting history if they were predestined to time travel in the first place?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Meh, it's all just new dimensions.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I liked that big fella, he had a Richard Kiel 'Jaws' vibe about him

lol shows how little impression it made that I had to do some brain-recall digging to figure where I saw similar very recently the new Men in Black

Might be tough, he's an NBA player. His name is Boban Marjanovic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

Just don’t feature a Christopher Lambert cameo, he’s almost unrecognizable these days.

He looks like he's had a lot of work done. Especially with that weird smooth forehead.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He looks like Kryten.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It's time travel. Usually accidental. Sometimes on purpose to make claims on a diamond mine

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There's really not a lot of episodes featuring racecars

A time travel episode about a racecar would have the second half of the episode be the first half but backward.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Mainly I'm having trouble thinking of a good angle you could approach a Princess Bride remake with. The biggest change the movie makes from the book is the framing device, which really only works because it is the writer, William Goldman, telling you this story about how he tried to find this book for his kid only to find it was more boring than he remembered so he's taken it on himself to do some editing. (And of course Goldman wrote the movie.)

Maybe if they continued the metafiction and said this was a further revising of Morganstern's work by the screenwriters- but you'd have to get into some Italo Calvino territory there and I'm not sure that's what anyone has in mind.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I consider Princess Bride to be of the same category as Ghostbusters, i.e. they're lightning in a bottle where you can't just point to one thing and say THAT'S what makes this movie so great. There's fifty different elements that come together to allow it to have stood the test of time and you really don't stand a chance of reproducing that, so you probably shouldn't try.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Basebf555 posted:

I consider Princess Bride to be of the same category as Ghostbusters, i.e. they're lightning in a bottle where you can't just point to one thing and say THAT'S what makes this movie so great. There's fifty different elements that come together to allow it to have stood the test of time and you really don't stand a chance of reproducing that, so you probably shouldn't try.

Yeah, female Ghostbusters ate a lot of poo poo from haters. I happened to like bustin' 1, 2 and 3 to a varying degree. But still holding out hope for Princess the Bridening.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Maxwell Lord posted:

Mainly I'm having trouble thinking of a good angle you could approach a Princess Bride remake with. The biggest change the movie makes from the book is the framing device, which really only works because it is the writer, William Goldman, telling you this story about how he tried to find this book for his kid only to find it was more boring than he remembered so he's taken it on himself to do some editing. (And of course Goldman wrote the movie.)

Maybe if they continued the metafiction and said this was a further revising of Morganstern's work by the screenwriters- but you'd have to get into some Italo Calvino territory there and I'm not sure that's what anyone has in mind.

I'd do it as storytellers trying to remember the story of the original movie and telling it that way in some sort of performance for a small group of people. Set it hundreds of years from now and explain away any changes as memory rot/evolution over time and there you go. Breaks can have the audience questioning preposterous stuff/making remarks, maybe even incorporate the audience as characters a la The Wizard of Oz

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Could go full meta and have the remake be about Fred Savage making the story he was told into a movie.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Maxwell Lord posted:

The kid is a test audience and a bunch of executives are in his room focus grouping him, making poochy changes to every little moment

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
None of you even bothered to read the article did you, it's a career retrospective of Norman Lear with like half a line at the very end about how people keep trying to pitch remakes to him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Every car is a racecar when Launchpad is driving.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
What

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
It’s a duckblur.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I drink duckblood

A-wee-ooo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Launchpad starts the new show as Scrooge's driver, and he's about as good at that as he is at piloting. Though Scrooge doesn't seem to mind. Of course, it turns out his previous pilot before Launchpad was the most hardcore adrenaline junkie he knows.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

One guess as to which film this Asylum joint is a mockbuster of

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tars Tarkas posted:

I wonder how many of those women will be topless in the opening scene

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is Asylum's main audience curious hatewatchers these days? They have to have surpassed confused grandmas by now.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd assume it's people who like schlock but lack the taste or patience to hunt down the good stuff.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

I'd assume it's people who like schlock but lack the taste or patience to hunt down the good stuff.

Yeah, there are some really sad people who like SyFy originals, I try to avoid them.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MonsieurChoc posted:

The bigger problem is that he was on the Epstein flight logs.

It was to be expected what with him being French and all.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Someone needs to make the Mondo Movies of the next generation.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

Paul Blart 3 but he's at a dead mall this time.

This would be really good.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Jumanji 2?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Oh wow, how'd they get Bai Ling? :ironicat:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tars Tarkas posted:

Wow I guess Bai Ling's career is really going places.

Iron Crowned posted:

I wonder how many of those women will be topless in the opening scene

Probably 0. I can't remember the last Asylum movie I saw that had nudity that was made after like...2008 or whenever they basically became Sy-Fy's Movie of the Week provider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tars Tarkas posted:

Glad hollywood is finally getting around to making a Turok movie