Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
2018 was so goddamn long I could've sworn Isle of Dogs was years ago.

Art style was alright, it wasn't great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Covenant is The Tempest (or at least Forbidden Planet) Prometheus is 2001 (or At the Mountains of Madness)
The only thing they have in common is David, the best robot boy.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I never read any of the Animorph books growing up, but apparently all the books were just put online with the authors blessing.
http://animorphsforum.com/ebooks/

Always found the covers interesting though, from the horrific to well...

I'd joke about remaking Big but it's a super power, but that seems to be part of that unsettling Shzaam moving that's coming out.

MrBling posted:

Doctor Strange is the only movie I wish I had seen in 3D, because I assume they did some crazy rear end poo poo with 3D effects.

I can assure you it did not.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Davros1 posted:

Huh. This is an odd combination of words:

"Sylvester Stallone is still determined to finish the script for his long-planned biopic of Edgar Allen Poe"

https://news.avclub.com/sylvester-s...utm_campaign=SF

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Yo guys, maybe the scene in World War Z is about how the military boasted about how quick and easy it would be the defeat the threat and then proceed to royally gently caress things up is an allegory for the Iraq War.
And you know, maybe the book with a literal ghost story and a blind swordsman isn't trying to go on about the realism of guns and war.
Going all tactical realism to make fun of a book you haven't even read is something else.

I still wouldn't advise reading it though, it's not very good.

Urdnot Fire posted:

The full trailer featuring Fresh Prince of Blue Air:
https://twitter.com/lightscamerapod/status/1094777452935684096
Not great!

Jasmine is fool for choosing this the scrub over sexy Jafar.
Also I hope the opening line was just for the trailer because all the weight he puts into Aladdin's name is some bullshit.

But seriously, death to the mouse.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Barudak posted:

Everytime I see something is hyped as "for the fans" it ends up being miserable, dire, and occasionaly raising to mediocrity. Has there been anything good pitched that way?

Reminds me of when Lucas' comment on TFA was "The fans will love it."

Casimir Radon posted:

They're perfectly watchable but not really in the same class as the early ones.

I mean, watchable is a huge step up from the Scooby Doo movies of the 80s.
Like, what is there to say about the nauseatingly dull Reluctant Werewol?
Just the trivia of it being last thing Scrappy was in?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Hope we get a whole scene of just Jackson cackling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SXe05_xYH0

McCloud posted:

It was perfunctory. It's what you put on in the background while doing other poo poo. What i'm surprised at is that it did well enough to get a sequel

Pretty much, it tried a couple interesting things, like a big fight near the end that's all shaky hand cam fake one shot, but it's not done particularly well.
It does have an action scene set to New Noise at least. :cool:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Captain Janeway was a psychopath.

The murder of Tuvix was incredibly cold blooded.

And the shows utter commitment that nothing matters, it's business as usual afterwards.
I'm amazed they managed to keep Brad Dourif locked up as long as they did before murdering him off.
(Granted, he wasn't mentioned at all between those episodes)

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

GrandpaPants posted:

Isn't this basically all Laika movies? Do they still get Nike money?

Well, Phil Knight's son is president and CEO... (He also directed Kubo and the Two Strings, and oddly enough, Bumblebee)
They also make like, tons of commercials (they've done all the M&M commercials for example), though I guess they did spin that off to a separate company a few years back.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

*removes 2/3rds of runtime*

Well, let's not go and make it sound good.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

No longer do we stan, we moose.

Love that Travolta looks like he fell out of a Blomkamp film.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Edge of the Day After Tomorrow

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nah, Covenant was a perfectly solid action flick and Fassbinder has been consistently great playing David. I’m up for one more.

Perfectly solid gothic horror!
But yeah, I'm forever down for the further adventures of David.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Rambo II straight up promotes the "stab in the back" myth about the Vietnam War, can't get more blatant than that.

I mean, Rambo cries about that at the end of First Blood too.

Rambo: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me, huh? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Basebf555 posted:

I don't want them to learn any lessons.

I hope they learned the lesson from Jupiter Ascending that the movie would've been 100 times better without any action scenes.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Mostly I'm just sad the Jar Jar Binks Funko goes for around $100

Detective No. 27 posted:

Funko Pop Jesus Wept.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

this is the fault of everyone who said the Lego movie was good

Pretty much, I'll never understand the love for that.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Iron Crowned posted:

It's a fun movie, but I'm looking forward to your hot takes on Into the Spider Verse in 5 years.

Lego was some soulless poo poo that repeatedly bungled its own message, it was bad when it came out and I can't imagine anything about it aged well.
Spiderverse was fine, the only good Spderman movie since Raimi by far. Kinda sucks his dad was a cop though.
But go on with your weird rear end assumptions about "fun" and... watching films in a timely fashion?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Ryan Reynolds, NOOOO!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Adventures in rights terminations. lol if this is the one thing that saves cinema as franchises are snatched away from megacorps (at least until they change the laws again)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/real-life-terminator-major-studios-face-sweeping-loss-iconic-80s-film-franchise-rights-1244737

Now to see if Wolf can find a studio brave enough to directly adapt 'Who Censored Roger Rabbit?'

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Inspector Gadget was formed with the scraps of a failed futuristic Lupin V concept.

I guess that explains why he's basically Zenigata.

Also it does look they at least got a pilot of that out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7nQgkvIHV8

Don't know if I like the hats on top of the space helmets or the Goemon's Gundam suit more.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Greedo just had the Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

sbaldrick posted:

The worst movie of the year is the Dead don't die. Jarmusch could make an interesting zombie movie, it's a low effort mess.

My mind is just a void when I try to figure out what the hell he was going for.
It's just, unfathomable.