Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gatts posted:

1. Godzilla King of the Monsters
2. John Wick 3
3. Cold Pursuit
4. Elsa 2: Lesbian Boogaloo
5. Avengers: All the Money

My most anticipated 2019.

Does anyone think Frozen 2 will actually have a gay romance in it? At best it will have mild flirting that could be interpreted as non romantic. Disney doesn't have the guts. If they do I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not sure what you are going for there

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who was the character that was also in the Bay films? I only ever saw the first. Uncle Hank?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barudak posted:

Mary Poppins Returns is a story about ensuring the rich stay rich, that men never have to account for anything or ever be responsible as thats a woman's job, and that the solution to "you're a loving terrible father" is to be as childish as possible. From a mechanical standpoint it is poorly paced, has extremely dull cinematography that people who would normally never notice it notice it, and doesn't understand how to setup a story arc or foreshadow things properly. Lastly, the film ends with a scene demonstrating the problems of "Angel Summoner vs. BMX Bandit" and it sort of undermines the entire point of Mary Poppins character purpose.

I think this misreads a few things.

Mainly, Mary Poppins is not there to help the family maintain it's wealth and never takes any actions towards that end that matter. If she never showed up, Mr. Dawes still would have.

She is there to help the children process their grief and start to have a childhood again because they've been too busy supporting their father. Her main interaction with the grownups is to make sure the father realizes the importance of having a childhood and gives his children one, and to make sure aunt Jane gets laid.

The China she helps them repair is worthless. Turning the clock back doesn't make their mutilated shares the least bit valid. She's the one who initially handed the basket with the shares to a child and told him to throw it away

The storytelling is certainly unorthodox but the tension is really these depressed kids who need to have imagination again and whether their sad dad can shake off his depression. In the end they accomplish that even after they think they've lost the house. The rest is basically epilogue. It takes place in the great depression but economics is at the peripheral, the film is more about literal depression.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cavill is a handsome hardcore gamer who missed his call confirming he had the Superman role because he was playing a video game.

Why the gently caress does he not have a twitch channel.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh I didn't even notice him. I remember John Turturro but not the character at all

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The reason he got the loan was because they were paying medical bills for the mother, I would assume. And failed to pay it because they went from a dual income household to a singular one.

I think the reason the bank share plot fizzles out is to underline that their financial situation was not as attached to their emotional state as they thought.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Most of his mediocrity was literally kids movies he made to get his kids writing credits or something, though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha I forgot sin City 2 even existed, or for some reason thought it was directed by Frank Miller

I just remember thinking Once Upon a time in Mexico was awesome when I was in college

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 4, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember a guy with a fake arm who gets made by a kid selling Chiclets, that kid was definitely a MexiCAN whereas this Hitman turned out to be a MexiCANT

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vandar posted:

It’s not so much that as it is they chose the absolute worst loving time possible to release it.

After five previous movies were really bad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just name it Marvel's Bumblebee

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bumblebee (the film) basically makes Bumblebee ET, who also couldn't talk and was barely a character, and it works really well

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Those both sound equally awesome tbh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh no way is it better made than Aquaman. It makes up for it's deficiencies with 80s nostalgia and is pretty good but it isn't even in Aquaman's level

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Carter of Mars Needs Moms

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Iron Crowned posted:

Mars needs MILFS

Mom's I'd Like to Fly to Saturn

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beachcomber posted:

Solo flopped the millisecond Lord and Miller were fired. They were its only hope.

No, there was another

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should have called the movie Han

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But Amanda falls in love with a handsome brooding teen who houses a secret, he's half xenomorph. Only she can help him control his powers and forge a peace between peoples

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

syscall girl posted:

If you want to talk about plot and theme and structure, Rogue One was maybe idk not great

If you like Star Wars because of epic space battles that movie* was the poo poo

*1/4 of that movie

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Of course New York is going to seem bad if you only focus on the pimps and the chuds

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That rules

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This one cat greets me in my driveway every day and meows and flops down asking for belly rubs. Stupid cat, I'm not going to fall for your tricks. I will never pet you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I negged that cat so hard it became a dog

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dogspell

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember this one cat whose truck was it licked sharp things and it showed up in multiple movies. It licked Wolverines claws in X2 and licked an alien parasite in the post credits of Slither and was in at least one other movie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'd it going to outgross the fictional Entourage version?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah that movie looked like poo poo, seriously who went to see it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They were also heavily involved with that film and I think it shows. I would predict it will be a billion dollar movie

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I saw one of these.

This movie has a kinda hosed up ending.

Does Balki die?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Timby posted:

It ... could. But GB2016 was fine. And they're still legally prohibited from making GB3 (unless Murray has lost his mind and granted Sony permission).

Just keep Aykroyd the gently caress away from the script.

GB2016 wasn't fine. They kept akroyd away from the script by not having one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah.

It's weird that Jumanji had to become a video game in the last one because weird board games are actually pretty popular right now, but I believe Hollywood produces believe that old people are the ones that would still play board games

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My anger at GB2016 is at Paul Feig completely wasting the talents of Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, KristinWiig, and Melissa McCarthy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Then you haven't seen Spy, bizarrely also directed by Paul Frig. Or the Skeleton Twins

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I wonder if they're just going to adapt the broadway style musical that will never be seen because it requires a non-union cast.

Explain that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Taintrunned again!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jay mentioned in some video that he commented on one of the trailers "This looks bad" and his comment was deleted, but that all the mysoginistic comments were left up. Then they use math they don't understand to prove that mysoginistic commentary was a very small minority of people who saw the trailer. It's a dumb video and it does exist.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's wrong. It's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Actually I was wrong it has great stuff in it but overall it's just ok.