Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I cut the cuffs off of my top, removed about 8 inches of sleeve, and had them sewed back on. My "rolled" sleeves are tight as gently caress now.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Do they not realize that the rule states "sun's out, guns out?"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You son of a bitch

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

bulletsponge13 posted:

gently caress the Marines, and their judgement on anything. It doesn't matter how angry you get, I'm not going to call you Staff Sergeant, and you can't make me.

Same goes for lovely MSGs that get butt hurt that people don't address them as "Master Sergeant So and So".

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mustang posted:

Same goes for lovely MSGs that get butt hurt that people don't address them as "Master Sergeant So and So".

tell them to actually read the reg on that, as dumb as that is.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The 7th ID JBLM BDEs that wear the 2ID patch occupy a weird place in Army history.

I've met a few retirees that spent a lot of time in 2ID but obviously that was in Korea, which the JBLM BDEs have nothing to do with so I have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

I've been in 2-2 for 4 years now and I'm still not sure why I wear a 2nd ID patch while singing the 7th ID song every day for the past 4 years. Literally the only thing about 2nd ID for the JBLM BDEs is the patch we wear.

Sometimes I wonder what it's like being in a unit with decades, if not the better part of a century, of history.

Go back beyond the early 2000s and none of the BNs within these BDEs have a shared history.

1-2 and 2-2 should just go all in and start wearing the 7th ID patch since our connection to 2nd ID is tenuous at best.

Not really sure what prompted this post, I'm just buzzed and had a conservation with my retiree dad.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Mustang, you are giving precious fucks over to that which doesn’t deserve them.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

True, especially since I've cleared and no longer have any responsibility to the Army.

I'm just a civilian now.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mustang posted:

True, especially since I've cleared and no longer have any responsibility to the Army.

I'm just a civilian now.

We don't believe you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bulletsponge13 posted:

We don't believe you.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I don't even have a CAC to log in and gently caress up some slide decks if I wanted to.

I've only had my freedom for 3 days.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Holy poo poo dude. Welcome to the outside. Just take your time and admire the scenery.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Did you start tearing up on your way up I5 leaving that poo poo hole for the last time like I did?

Also, thanks for bringing back the memory I'd blocked of having to sing that stupid loving song every morning. Really appreciate that.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Mustang posted:

I don't even have a CAC to log in and gently caress up some slide decks if I wanted to.

I've only had my freedom for 3 days.

Have you considered making the next phase of your career the Army National Guard? It’s much more fulfilling than active duty. You’ve already started earning, your pension. Finishing with the Guard will get you that old man money.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

I'm just a civilian now.

So you've already filed your VA claim? Right?!? :colbert:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Holy gently caress get started on that. No matter what, get loving started on that IMMEDIATELY. If you don’t, you’re one of the biggest morons to have ever worn a uniform (and that’s a TALL bar to clear).

Even if they don’t rate you for anything now, your percentage can go up if there’s something that is a result of your service (early back problems from rucking being the classic example; ask me about 2 crushed discs and radiating nerve pain at age 25 :( )

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I held a private down and made him hit himself until he went and got copies of his medical paperwork for a busted knee that "got better".

I mean that figuratively. I haven't assaulted a fellow Soldier since that one time in the chow hall because of a chicken tenders mis-understanding.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 23, 2019

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Carteret posted:

Real Talk I thought I'd be dead before I saw Mustang ETS

Welp. I MADE IT

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Congrats, everyone, we saw Mustang leave the Army!

Army's over, thread's closing. :toot:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

im gonna be honest i thought mustang would stay in and just become a bitter gently caress

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

McNally posted:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm expecting Gnatsum to begin posting soon about how awful it is to be at the Career Captains Course

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Crazy Mike posted:

Have you considered making the next phase of your career the Army National Guard? It’s much more fulfilling than active duty. You’ve already started earning, your pension. Finishing with the Guard will get you that old man money.

This is the worst post in the thread because it could be taken seriously.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

McNally posted:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Welcome back to reality Mustang. It can be a weird transition but it's worth it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hindsight is 2020 and while I thought I adjusted immediately it still took a while.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mustang posted:

I'm just a civilian now.

:toot:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

Did you start tearing up on your way up I5 leaving that poo poo hole for the last time like I did?

Also, thanks for bringing back the memory I'd blocked of having to sing that stupid loving song every morning. Really appreciate that.

Nope, not until I got home anyway. Driving out it was just a profound sense of relief that it's finally over.

I ended up drinking and reflected on how this year went from starting out being one of the best years I've had in a long time and turned in to the worst year I've had in the Army.

Crazy Mike posted:

There is absolutely nothing on this planet that would ever get me to be in any way associated with any kind of military duty.

spacetoaster posted:

So you've already filed your VA claim? Right?!? :colbert:

Not until next month, I have an appointment with a VSO. Have all my records good to go though. Have an extensive record for my lower back, pretty sure I'll get some sort of rating for that.

bird food bathtub posted:

Welcome back to reality Mustang. It can be a weird transition but it's worth it.

I'm optimistic for the first time in a long time. Feel like I have some measure of control over what happens to me.

During the transition briefs they asked "does anyone feel anxious over leaving the military?" and a bunch of hands shot up. I didn't and don't feel that at all. It made me happy thinking about my life after the Army and felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mustang posted:

Nope, not until I got home anyway. Driving out it was just a profound sense of relief that it's finally over.

I ended up drinking and reflected on how this year went from starting out being one of the best years I've had in a long time and turned in to the worst year I've had in the Army.

Fair. For me it was different, since I was going straight from getting my final stamp or whatever from S1 then changing into civvies in the the bathroom and driving east. I was almost in Idaho by the end of the day.

Also, hilariously, I ran into the Battalion CO on my way out the door. Was the only time I'd ever seen the man.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

What happened to Italian Back Injury Grunt poo poo Guy?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

bulletsponge13 posted:

What happened to Italian Back Injury Grunt poo poo Guy?

He’s way too happy soldiering to spend time with disgruntled vets who’ll only poo poo on him for no reason.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

He’s way too happy soldiering to spend time with disgruntled vets who’ll only poo poo on him for no reason.

Or he got promoted to corporal and has been too busy dealing with an increase in bullshit at no increase in pay grade.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My recollection is that he hosed himself up badly in a few years and got defensive after gip telling him to cool it before he gets himself killed.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

He had back surgery and then was super excited to get back to doing the thing that hosed it up in the first place, that being jumping out of airplanes for the US Army. If I recall, his back was so hosed that he was unable to move and incontinent until his wife dragged him to the hospital.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
There was a motorcycle accident in there somewhere.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Well, he is enlisted and making poor life choices so that is assumed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

This.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/sgtjanedoe/status/1209277258675802112?s=21

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I dunno, sounds like fantastic revenge for pulling a bullshit 24 hour duty. Unless the Army decided to un-gently caress itself on the concept of staff duty in the last few years. I somehow doubt that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is fair, though much of that I recall being "Don't get a motorcycle when you can't walk" and "It doesn't matter if the doctor says you can go back on jump status, you should probably get treatment, you gently caress". Though a lot were warning him the shoe was gonna drop. He was like this thread's Firefighter/Titanic guy. I want him to get through ok.