Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Upon request I can furnish a redacted copy if anyone wants to see because he loving signed that poo poo and it is ridiculous.

Do you even have to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mustang posted:

For all the importance we give to 1SGs and CSMs for their wealth of experience and common sense,

Okay, we can stop now. It's been a fun ride, but this has me convinced you've never been in the army.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mustang posted:

I don't understand new HHC 1SGs coming in and trying to exert their control over the staff.

Why's don't they just sit back and chill out and only worry about APFTs and weapons quals?

Yours is not to reason why, yours is but to make sure all the boxes on your spreadsheet are green.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

A Bad Poster posted:

There are always broken cots my guy.

Yeah but those are also being slept on

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

A Bad Poster posted:

Well yeah, of course, but there's always one that has the little nubs busted off so the rod is useless, leaving spares.

Where do you think the ones you're using now came from?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Hey, can anyone actually get me a couple of end bars for a cot?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

McNally posted:

Hey, can anyone actually get me a couple of end bars for a cot?

This isn't me trying to continue a joke. I genuinely need two end bars for a cot.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Wasabi the J posted:

Where are you? I think I have a whole GI cot in my garage.

FUUUCK I just ordered some

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mustang posted:

Nope, I was only there for 2 weeks for LTP despite not having an active part in the training.

I'm in a made up position on BDE Staff now.

Aren't they all made up?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
My favorite part about the new Army uniform is that the service cap is obviously styled after the old 50-mission crush look.

Y'know, from the Air Force.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

SimonCat posted:

The Army Air Force at the time. Didn't become it's own branch till after WWII.

The Air Force was to the Army what the Marines are to the Navy. In fact, the Army Air Force was arguably even more independent of the Army than the Marines to the Navy. The Marines never got a five star in WWII, the Air Force did.

You don't see the Navy looking to Marine heritage for uniform ideas.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
My dad had an assignment in the Air Force that required civilian clothing because he was the Air Force liaison with a civilian agency. It was a one-time $900 payment to buy suits with. This was in 1980s dollars.

The assignment was in Hawaii, so the civilian clothes everybody wore at the office was slacks and aloha shirts. Dad used the money to fix his car.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Yeah, about that...

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

colachute posted:

sucks the first time but if he comes back in the thread and says he broke his back/legs/hips on a subsequent jump, then i have zero sympathy.

SUMMA DAT GRUNT poo poo!!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Burning Beard posted:

I'm a civilian teacher who provides support for the campus ROTC detachment. Let me tell you a story about the most boot cadet ever.

Was a National Guardsman in a construction battalion, deployed to Afghanistan and came back. Then spent all deployment money on a new car, a dog, and lots of expensive guns.

Went from "Pretty decent cadet" to "Holy gently caress, it's Eeyore" in about a year. His money was gone, he was not on scholarship and so was always broke. If he walked into a room, people cleared out. The HRA actually told him to leave the office if he was going to be such a depressing gently caress.

Earned his degree with the skin of his teeth. His actual advisor just said "get him out of here". Terrible final work. I would not have passed him, it was bad. I've seen Clifford books with better writing.

Managed to impregnate a crazy women eight months before commissioning. I have no idea how they met but she definitely fits the "marry a stripper" stereotype. They got married. The photos, which I have seen but have no access too, is her parents and his parents looking extremely unhappy over the shotgun nature of the affair. Oh, and they got the unit drunk (the only guy who was competent yet not going to the Army) to marry them thanks to the Universal Life Church. Bless them.

He loses his BLOC and commissioning paperwork entirely. Multiple copies were gifted to his new wife and him but somehow, on the eve of BLOC, he has none of this. He called multiple times to the unit HRA trying to figure out what to do.

Oh, he's Cav. And somehow found the stupidest looking hat and cord to wear.

We (me and the ROTC guys) speculate he will be made Birthday Officer or something. He's an engineer (don't ask about the Cav hat, I have no clue). ROTC produces anybody that can do a 2.5 and graduate.

Enjoy your junior leaders.

(One of the last cadets to graduate already passed Ranger school and is kicking rear end, so the above is not the norm, thank god)

So what you're telling me is that you had a guy come back from deployment with a noticeable change in personality and behavior and as a result you guys decided the best thing to do was to ostracize him?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I had a dream awhile back where for whatever insane reason I'd gone back into the army and because I'd been out so long they told me I had to go through basic training again.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Hey Mustang, when do you pin major?

Say hi to the general's daughter for me.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Triggs posted:

Been out since June. Zero regrets so far.

Mustang, use the open door policy or start ACAP. If you're one year out from ETSing I think you're eligible.

Mustang is a noble, they don't have ETS dates.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

pkells posted:

A really good friend of mine is heading to Jackson tomorrow for basic, then OCS, then combat engineer officer BOLC (or whatever it’s called) at 34 years old for a reserve slot. I found some air guard officer slots, but he didn’t qualify for them. Thank gently caress he listened to me and didn’t enlist in the MA army guard with the promise of “hopefully making connections and finding an officer slot” like the recruiter tried to sell him.

I’ve already got some good ideas to gently caress with him during basic, but what exactly are they allowed to receive in the mail in basic? I know we couldn’t get packages in Air Force BMT, so I’m guessing it’s the same for the army?

Sending packages is exactly the right way to gently caress with him.

But yeah, he won’t be able to keep the contents until graduation. But he’ll have to open them in front of drill sergeants.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
M16, M16A1, and M16A3 are full auto.

M16A2 and M16A4 are burst.

M4 is burst. M4A1 is full auto.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mustang posted:

What the hell do they do to MAJs at ILE

Why? Are you about to pin on that oak leaf?

Oh my God, what if every time Mustang tries to get out of the Army they promote him and make him stay longer?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

80s James Hetfield posted:

Is anyone currently stationed in the South Korea?

I have a weird request and willing to pay. Shoot me a PM

Anyone stationed in South Korea, I have a normal request: I'm looking to get a Korean MRE.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Looks like they realized they'd made a whoopsie and now all the posts are gone without comment.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Congrats, everyone, we saw Mustang leave the Army!

Army's over, thread's closing. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
In order to create funds for the Space Force, the 2020 NDAA did not include funding for a new thread.