Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Upon request I can furnish a redacted copy if anyone wants to see because he loving signed that poo poo and it is ridiculous.

This might be an indicator of something :thunk:

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nice and hot piss posted:

I didn't get to do a ton in the army, but I am glad to say I never had to do an NTC rotation.

Praise Satan

My brigade was supposed to go to NTC but due to budget fights (I want to say there was a government shut down?) wound up getting cancelled for budgetary reasons and turned into a normal Fort McCoy based exercise. Otoh, someone had the bright idea to dig fighting holes all around the brigade HQ's footprint with useless SNCOs walking around making people "improve" their positions in ridiculous ways for a week straight in 90 degree summer heat. This being the ARNG, I guess this is something SGM Crusty probably learned serving in Germany during the 1980s?

At least I had other more important duties so I got out of digging a 5 foot deep hole with an e-tool.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Do they make an NDSM one?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Weird, the NDSM one doesn’t load in mobile safari.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Deathy McDeath posted:

Is there a firing range on Camp Arifjan?

Not that I remember, probably have to go up to Camp Buehring. :lol: sucks to be you. Eat some Kurdo for me while you're there.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

edit: wrong thread

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 8, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Deathy McDeath posted:

These are actually really easy. Just grab another cross bar from an un-assembled cot, stick it in between the bar and legs, and lever the bar over the little bump.

Seriously. I never had a problem putting a cot together once this was figured out.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

My IRR time expired almost a year ago. :smug:

Plus I'm fat and physically broken.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ STICKER ON THE BACK OF MY TRUCK. ITS A LIFTED RAM 1500 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE CHRIS COSTA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM IN A TACTICAL RELOAD OR EVEN WHEN I ROLL COAL ON A PRIUS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO SNOWFLAKES IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE SNOWFLAKES IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE OPERATOR LINGO AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

/

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nimmy posted:

I'm late to this, but Shank still exists. Obviously it seems part of it is ANA controlled, but they just renamed it Camp Dahlke. It's still Rocket City.

I don't know if anyone here was at, or involved with building Khas Kunar, but holy poo poo that thing is a complete ghost town now. It looks like it cost about $500 million about 8 years ago and now it's just an abandoned fob with brand new buildings (not tents!) and a loving functional power grid.

Goddamn we need to :getout:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

That new uniform looks great and is probably something the Army can actually settle on for a long time. I get the complaints about spending money on it, but you know how it goes.. (gently caress you if you're still in).

I can't imagine being a civilian who never served being super enthusiastic about a new uniform though, I guess simple things for dependas institutionalized by decades of having to be around the Army. I've been out for 2.5 years and it seems like quite a bit has changed in that time. New PT test, new uniforms, etc. and I blissfully know almost zero actual details about the changes.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

colachute posted:

when are they going to change the camo pattern again

as someone who is not in anymore, i support making the dress uniform the daily garrison uniform

:bisonyes:

Who wants to invest in dry cleaning businesses outside of Bragg/Hood.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Riggy posted:

Sure am excited to go to war with Iran, boys. On my last deployment no less because the Army hates me.

What the gently caress.

Guess who is getting recalled or stoplossed *looks at the post below yours* :lol:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

quote:

The following document(s) have been added to your Army Military Human Resource Record (AMHRR) in iPERMS:

DOCUMENT NAME INPUT DATE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUAL/SKILLS 2019-05-15 13:02

I just got this in my email, and I’ve been out of the IRR for almost a year too. :tinfoil:

Obviously I can’t get into IPERMs to check it and it doesn’t show up in the HRC portal where vets can log in.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Flikken posted:

How do you log in?

https://www.hrcapps.army.mil/portal/

Your DS (which the VA also uses I think) logon should work for this.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

IMO that's on you for sticking it out so long as enlisted infantry. :laugh:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

also "hey what's this growing on my dick"

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Some people get them if their duties require wearing civilian clothes. Dunno what this is though.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I was thinking more 35M/35L but I guess that fits.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

GreenMeat posted:

sup shitheads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7WaV8hkqXM

greetings from Planet AARP

Hey dude.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

86 credits in 18 months? That's an insane amount of credits in that timeframe.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

What exactly are Army ratings for? I’m kind of confused why it’s not just one uniform thing from the VA.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I’ve been out since Feb. 2017. Best decision I’ve made, even if I somewhat miss the people and few cool parts of the job. :toot:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Jokes on you because most of us are enlisted who didn't retire and thus have zero attachment to the military unless there's some super obscure law that allows veterans to get easily drafted. Although Poland or Czech Republic would be great.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Seek help. :ohno:

I entertained trying to go be an ANG/AF Reserve officer pre-Trump, but I think the persistent low grade worry and anxiety of the military + Trump has totally put the kibosh on that. You're an insane person if you go try to be an Army officer having seen Mustang's experience over the past 5 years.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 4, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Thump! posted:

Lol just saw a dude at the Green Bean on Buehring who somehow still had an A2. Natty Guard rolling deep in this shithole

It’s not NG necessarily; as an individual deployer from the ARNG to an AD unit, the mob site at Fort Bliss gave everyone (which was a mix of all Army components) A2s. My home ARNG unit, an MI company no less OTOH had all brand new M4s, SAWs, M320s, optics/PVS-14s, etc. That was the only A2 I ever touched outside of BCT.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

wut

I'm 5'7" and it owns.

A. Buying clothes/shoes is easy.
B. Flying economy isn't a problem.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah but cuffing jeans isn't bad. Sometimes you get lucky and find 28" inseam pants.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It looks cool but there are a bunch of fancy camping quilts w/ Primaloft or whatever high end synthetic insulation out there.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/oirspox/status/1189865708588584960?s=21

How many AD tears are there because of this being an ARNG unit? I mean it’s an idiotic deployment but I can still partake in some schadenfreude.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

What was the unit that redeployed to Alaska (I think?) and then immediately got put back on planes and immediately sent back to Iraq?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

6 years, only 1 year in Kuwait. I can’t wait to be a geezer and get a GWOTE ribbon hat to troll with. :q:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

What are some good MOS' in the medical field? Only one I know of is radiologist (68P) because I looked at it when I was joining. I have an idiot nephew who is thinking about joining and he keeps talking about going 68W because "Oh WOW I'm already an EMT in high school they'll make me E4 right away!" If I can't convince him to avoid being a dumb motherfucker and just not join entirely I want to bounce his head off the wall a few times and hopefully cram some other not-poo poo numbers and letters in his head.

There is one maintenance MOS that fixes medical poo poo and AFAIK gets a ton of valuable training/certs for that niche field which are valid in the civilian world.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

um that's just about any jr. enlisted.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah the biomedical repair thing is what I was thinking of. I went through mobilization and a long OCONUS flight with one and he told me all about it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:stonklol:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=WTA9UD7&v=8cvljfwAyXQ

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

God the Army is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mustang posted:

Same goes for lovely MSGs that get butt hurt that people don't address them as "Master Sergeant So and So".

tell them to actually read the reg on that, as dumb as that is.