Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Mummy Napkin posted:

RIP in peace little orphan funkhouser

RIP Bam Bam's big bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

a bone to pick posted:

yes and then I will say he was never funny to begin which some people will agree with and cause a big slapfight

somehow I think he would have wanted this

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Space Race Riot posted:

P.S. your oval office is in the sink

He was on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and apparently Jerry Seinfeld had no idea what the joke was going to be and that's him genuinely laughing at it :kimchi:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

He was on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and apparently Jerry Seinfeld had no idea what the joke was going to be and that's him genuinely laughing at it :kimchi:

A lot of Curb is ad libbed so this doesn't surprise at all. Still hilarious though.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
When's the new season of curb coming out anyway

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My favorite scene is when Larry is pissed that he got an erotic cake and was appalled and Marty said "why'd you take the balls home?"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Gilbert Gottfried's tribute:

"Every now and again, a guest comes on my podcast and I let them take the reins. Bob Einstein, also known by his characters Super Dave Osborne from David Letterman's show and Marty Funkhouser from "Curb Your Enthusiasm," was one of those.

When Einstein -- who died Wednesday -- was on with me, my only job was trying to get a word in edgewise. I just let him be funny and sat back like an audience member.

Bob was a strange guy, both to watch and listen to. He sounded like Clint Eastwood, if Clint Eastwood had just come out of throat surgery. Bob said once that he didn't dream of being a comedian as a kid. He wanted to be a basketball player. I kind of wish that dream had come true -- it would have made me a big basketball fan.

He was always funny to watch because he seemed totally certain and completely confused at the same time. Even at his most forceful and energetic, he came across looking and sounding like a guy you woke up at three o'clock in the morning.

Bob and his brother, the great comedian, writer and actor Albert Brooks, were sons of the beloved entertainer Harry Einstein, who played the character Parkyakarkus on the radio and in movies in the 1930s and '40s.

One famous showbiz story involved the time Parkyakarkus performed at a roast for TV greats Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball. He got up and the place exploded with laughter. He gave the greatest show of his career. People were cheering. He then sat down and bowed his head, leaning against comedian Milton Berle. The audience thought this was part of the act. It turns out, he had died.

Lucy sat totally stunned and Desi left the stage crying. To a lot of people, dying onstage seems like the perfect way for a performer to go. In an interview, Bob recounted: "Someone once said to me, 'Well, at least your dad died doing something that he loved.' My dad was fifty-four!"

Bob asked the guy: "What does your mother do?" He answered, "She's a housewife." So then Bob said, "Okay, let's go over to her house while she's doing the laundry and I'll blow her f***ing head off. At least she will have died doing what she loved.'"

That story right there shows you the type of guy Bob was.

He was a total cynic and a complete wiseass.

When he was on my podcast in 2016, he kept ragging on me and my co-host Frank Santopadre, saying things like: "Is anybody listening to this?... I just saw Gilbert pick up a magazine."

He was on a roll. "What is a podcast? What is it? It's the cheapest***thing... And this setup is like, I'm telling you: I feel like I'm sitting at the airport in the men's room... and someone came in with a mic."

I never laughed so hard being insulted so viciously.

He talked to me and Frank about being a writer in what he considered the golden age of show business -- working with people like the Smothers Brothers, Dick Van Dyke and Redd Foxx and writing for other TV variety shows when there were only three networks on the air.

After his writing career, he went on to performing. He became most famous as the totally inept stunt man Super Dave, a character I can only describe as Evel Knievel after too many falls on his head. After that, he appeared on a number of TV shows, including "Arrested Development," and joined Larry David on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as the very funny Marty Funkhouser character, fitting in perfectly with the comedy and neurosis of that show.

When Bob was on my podcast, he told a few jokes that I already knew and had even told a number of times. I didn't care. Hearing him say them was like hearing them for the first time. I'm sad to say farewell to the man who would have been the funniest basketball player ever."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Jose Oquendo posted:

Gilbert Gottfried's tribute:

"Every now and again, a guest comes on my podcast and I let them take the reins. Bob Einstein, also known by his characters Super Dave Osborne from David Letterman's show and Marty Funkhouser from "Curb Your Enthusiasm," was one of those.

When Einstein -- who died Wednesday -- was on with me, my only job was trying to get a word in edgewise. I just let him be funny and sat back like an audience member.

Bob was a strange guy, both to watch and listen to. He sounded like Clint Eastwood, if Clint Eastwood had just come out of throat surgery. Bob said once that he didn't dream of being a comedian as a kid. He wanted to be a basketball player. I kind of wish that dream had come true -- it would have made me a big basketball fan.

He was always funny to watch because he seemed totally certain and completely confused at the same time. Even at his most forceful and energetic, he came across looking and sounding like a guy you woke up at three o'clock in the morning.

Bob and his brother, the great comedian, writer and actor Albert Brooks, were sons of the beloved entertainer Harry Einstein, who played the character Parkyakarkus on the radio and in movies in the 1930s and '40s.

One famous showbiz story involved the time Parkyakarkus performed at a roast for TV greats Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball. He got up and the place exploded with laughter. He gave the greatest show of his career. People were cheering. He then sat down and bowed his head, leaning against comedian Milton Berle. The audience thought this was part of the act. It turns out, he had died.

Lucy sat totally stunned and Desi left the stage crying. To a lot of people, dying onstage seems like the perfect way for a performer to go. In an interview, Bob recounted: "Someone once said to me, 'Well, at least your dad died doing something that he loved.' My dad was fifty-four!"

Bob asked the guy: "What does your mother do?" He answered, "She's a housewife." So then Bob said, "Okay, let's go over to her house while she's doing the laundry and I'll blow her f***ing head off. At least she will have died doing what she loved.'"

That story right there shows you the type of guy Bob was.

He was a total cynic and a complete wiseass.

When he was on my podcast in 2016, he kept ragging on me and my co-host Frank Santopadre, saying things like: "Is anybody listening to this?... I just saw Gilbert pick up a magazine."

He was on a roll. "What is a podcast? What is it? It's the cheapest***thing... And this setup is like, I'm telling you: I feel like I'm sitting at the airport in the men's room... and someone came in with a mic."

I never laughed so hard being insulted so viciously.

He talked to me and Frank about being a writer in what he considered the golden age of show business -- working with people like the Smothers Brothers, Dick Van Dyke and Redd Foxx and writing for other TV variety shows when there were only three networks on the air.

After his writing career, he went on to performing. He became most famous as the totally inept stunt man Super Dave, a character I can only describe as Evel Knievel after too many falls on his head. After that, he appeared on a number of TV shows, including "Arrested Development," and joined Larry David on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as the very funny Marty Funkhouser character, fitting in perfectly with the comedy and neurosis of that show.

When Bob was on my podcast, he told a few jokes that I already knew and had even told a number of times. I didn't care. Hearing him say them was like hearing them for the first time. I'm sad to say farewell to the man who would have been the funniest basketball player ever."

:holymoley:

Rest in Peace, Bob. Please don't kill me while I'm jerking off.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Some saint uploaded this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zopE0ROXNT4

An hour of Super Dave on Letterman

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/ScottThompson_/status/1080663072757342208

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

when comedians die you always get great poo poo like this

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

VikingSkull posted:

when comedians die you always get great poo poo like this

The best was the Python reunion after Graham Chapman's death where they had his "ashes" in an urn on stage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgOKjvjSCY&t=544s

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbUc5nsAPTo&t=300s

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

No, we`re not doing the jerk off

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

parthenocarpy posted:

No, we`re not doing the jerk off

Its a joke off!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

People loved his character on Curb, but he was easily a bigger douche than Larry David and a narc to boot.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Entropic posted:

The best was the Python reunion after Graham Chapman's death where they had his "ashes" in an urn on stage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgOKjvjSCY&t=544s

loving kills me every time

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Oh gently caress No this ain`t hitting page 2 with threads like ``let`s read: the bible`` and ``Why is Oddjob so short in the Goldeneye Nintendo 64 game `` active

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rest in peace, Bob. Tarran Killam does an excellent impersonation of you.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Rest in peace, Bob. Tarran Killam does an excellent impersonation of you.

Why couldn't that unfunny gently caress Tarran Killam died instead.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

parthenocarpy posted:

Oh gently caress No this ain`t hitting page 2 with threads like ``let`s read: the bible`` and ``Why is Oddjob so short in the Goldeneye Nintendo 64 game `` active

The Bible thread is fascinating.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone leaked an unaired Match Game pilot form 2008 with Norm Macdonald, Super Dave, Sarah Silverman, Scott Thompson, Niecy Nash and Rashida Jones as the panelists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iufi__LSY6o

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

ChesterJT posted:

This dude was a loving legend. Grew up on Super Dave, loved him on Curb. Enjoy him with Norm! (The whole episode is amazing if you have an hour) I hope Fuji is OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI87WSKNl4M&t=3036s

2019 is bullshit so far. First Mean Gene and now this.

He was old as hell. I hope we can all aspire to be old as hell and also funny like him. F.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

Someone leaked an unaired Match Game pilot form 2008 with Norm Macdonald, Super Dave, Sarah Silverman, Scott Thompson, Niecy Nash and Rashida Jones as the panelists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iufi__LSY6o

That was pretty good. I'd watch that every day if it got picked up.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

That was pretty good. I'd watch that every day if it got picked up.

There is a Match Game with Alec Baldwin that's been on the air for like 3 years.

It's a little more modern looking. The contestants are still dumb as rocks.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Krispy Wafer posted:

There is a Match Game with Alec Baldwin that's been on the air for like 3 years.

What's it air on? I dig the retro look on the one linked above, though.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

What's it air on? I dig the retro look on the one linked above, though.

ABC. The new season starts in 3 days surprisingly enough.

It's a good show. I grew up on the old one from the 70's.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Krispy Wafer posted:

lol they had Sheryl Crow as a panelist.

Match Game is best when they are all drunk

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

His joke about the guy at the bar is loving amazing.

Guy goes to a bar and has too much to drink and throws up all over his nice new shirt. He starts to get upset, "my wife is gonna kill me for this." The guy next to him says "hey don't worry, check it out. Just say you had one drink and the person next to you got drunk and threw up on your shirt, and he was so embarrassed that he offered to pay for its cleaning and put $10 in your pocket." The guy puts $10 in his pocket and says "that's genius! Thanks so much!!"

So the guy gets home and his wife starts yelling and he goes, "hold on honey, before you get mad, I only had one drink and the guy next to me got drunk and threw up on my shirt. He offered to pay for me to get it cleaned and put $10 in my pocket!" His wife walks over and reaches into his pocket and says, "there's $20 in here." Guy says, "I know, he also crapped in my pants"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I tell that joke