Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bendis is just done with his current lineup (not sure about LOSH). The word is we're going to see a tease for his next wave of projects very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

So as of Nightwing #74 Dick is no longer Ric or Dicky Boy in what has to be the most tired, cliched 'let's just get this over with even we're sick of it' return to the status quo anybody ever bothered to ink. Bea gets to be the one to pull the trigger then just wanders off sad as there's a happy family reunion and will likely only show up years later with a kid in tow or something equally stupid.
And there was noone left to care.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Bendis is just done with his current lineup (not sure about LOSH). The word is we're going to see a tease for his next wave of projects very soon.

Can't wait for him to somehow make Batman worse.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Skwirl posted:

If he did a Gotham Central, getting back to his Powers roots, I'd be cautiously down.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Batman Universe was meant to be okay wasn't it?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
We are firmly in the everything Bendis touches is the worst territory (quietly pushes Young Justice and Batman Universe under the rug)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Red Hood is going to become the new host of Etrigan and take over the entire US' organized crime.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Red Hood is going to become the new host of Etrigan and take over the entire US' organized crime.
He'll run for President again

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I wouldn't be surprised to see a gritty crime take on Zatanna or Black Canary from Bendis, but that might be playing to his strengths a little too much. Honestly, the smartest thing they could do is have him write Static Shock if they want him on a super hero book.

What they will do is have him take over Justice League after the current run ends, launch with a new number one, and it will be... Fine...

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I loved it. If they wanted to give him and Darrington the main Bat book and kept it just as weird, DC Comics would be a better place.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I feel like it started strong but as things got crazier in the story the characters sounded less like Batman & Co. and more of that Bendis-y Avengers dialogue people complain about where characters sound interchangeable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hear he's getting GL.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

I hear he's getting GL.

I like how the guy who everybody agrees is at his best writing street level comics keeps getting put on the cosmic stuff everybody hates the stuff he's written for.

So this would be the most believable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The rumor is a GL franchise relaunch. Two core (lol corps) books and minis for the other Lantern Corps.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The rumor is a GL franchise relaunch. Two core (lol corps) books and minis for the other Lantern Corps.

can he take over Flash instead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People seem to think Waid is going back.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I haven’t heard anything about Flash. Someone brought up a interview from a few years ago about him wanting to write SHAZAM, and I don’t think he’s ever stopped talking about wanting a run on Superman.

Apparently Waid has a Dark Multiverse story in December, so we’ll see where he goes from there. With Bendis off the Superman books at the end of the year, I guess we’ll find out the next writer soon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Morrison GL (remember that?) was garbage, so it's not like Bendis has a high bar to jump.

Though I've enjoyed his Superman, so I will admit being biased.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

There’s been some good issues of GL, but most of it is just so drat weird. It’s like he’s writing it just to entertain himself. Once it’s over hopefully Morrison can move onto Multiversity Too, Earth One Flash, or that Arkham Asylum sequel with Chris Burnham and Damian Wayne as the lead character.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Waid shouldn't be going back to Flash. In his recent interview that hinted him going back to DC in the first place he plainly admits he only ever had one real story left for The Flash that's kind of moot at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
His last run was abysmal anyways.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So I kinda pretty much slept through DC Fandome The Squeakuel, did I... miss anything at all of worth? Like all I've been able to find is that there were some interviews.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

KaosMachina posted:

So I kinda pretty much slept through DC Fandome The Squeakuel, did I... miss anything at all of worth? Like all I've been able to find is that there were some interviews.

New ANTIFA Joker series. All Cops Are Bats

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/status/1304153835816902656?s=20

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Rhyno posted:

His last run was abysmal anyways.

Wild Wests wasn't that bad. It was only six issues and I thought it was alright given the stupid fuckery going on behind the scenes. All the absolutely poo poo stuff came after Wild Wests by a bunch of fill in writers while they buffered for Final Crisis and Barry's return. Heck it barely counts as a run as he didn't get to do anything he planned on from the get go. Thank Acuna and Didio for that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm completely looking forward to Waid injecting some hi-tier freshness into DC right now but let's be real that he's also getting to a kinda "hit-or-miss" zone. The last thing I remember reading from him was...Champions. :geno:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

I'm completely looking forward to Waid injecting some hi-tier freshness into DC right now but let's be real that he's also getting to a kinda "hit-or-miss" zone. The last thing I remember reading from him was...Champions. :geno:

It was weird, because I thought his writing of Kamala and Miles were fine in All New Avengers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been enjoying the hell out of his Dr. Strange. His Daredevil was great, too, and not that long ago, but also before Champions, I guess.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I really enjoyed his latest Captain America run.

Mark Waid on an ongoing Superman book is going to be a must read just to see what he decides to do, because I don’t think there is anybody on Earth who has thought about Superman more than him. I’ve mentioned before that he did the foreword for All Star Superman, and signed it with “Who has read every Superman story, but not one better. Mark Waid”

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did he ever get to write that Frankenstein story he was hinting at for a little while on twitter?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Mark Waid? Frankenstein was in that arc of Daredevil with Satana and the Sons of the Serpent, but I haven’t heard about him wanting to do a Frankenstein story.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Did the recent DC Fandome acknowledge DC still makes comic books or is it all just "look at our other media, we aren't dying here"?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Madkal posted:

Did the recent DC Fandome acknowledge DC still makes comic books or is it all just "look at our other media, we aren't dying here"?

They released a 0 issue for the new Milestone imprint.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Roth posted:

They released a 0 issue for the new Milestone imprint.

Hudlin wrote the 0 Issues and it looks to be setting up the possible Milestone series. It seems like they've rewritten Static's origin from him getting mixed up in a gang war to showing up to a BLM protest. He still gets gassed alongside a bunch of people though which triggers her powers.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
so there's a Generations: Future State one-shot/mini coming, in addition to Generations: Shattered? Or the former could just be an old/new title for the same thing; the Shattered one-shot sounds like it follows up pretty directly on the Detective Comics story

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Detective #1027 is the 1001st Batman issue, dammit.

I mean, nominally. Depending on how they counted the zeroes and 1,000,000 when they went back to legacy. It may be further from 1000.
/Nerd

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Thranguy posted:

Detective #1027 is the 1001st Batman issue, dammit.

I mean, nominally. Depending on how they counted the zeroes and 1,000,000 when they went back to legacy. It may be further from 1000.
/Nerd

Tweet/email the DC offices. I wonder how viral that could get from just mere nerd pedantery.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
God, Teen Titans is just the absolute WORST.

It's like an entire book dedicated to "Hey, you liked Damian's character growth? How about an entire book about undoing every bit of that we possibly can systematically? Also, here's two new characters and the legacy characters nobody cares about."

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

KaosMachina posted:

God, Teen Titans is just the absolute WORST.

It's like an entire book dedicated to "Hey, you liked Damian's character growth? How about an entire book about undoing every bit of that we possibly can systematically? Also, here's two new characters and the legacy characters nobody cares about."

If this whole long arc happened more specifically after Alfred's death, it'd make more sense and it's trying to force that explanation for him moving from imprisonment/brainwashing to outright murder, but it doesn't really work on that avenue alone. Damian doing this without Superboy stopping him though makes sense given his absence, but that's just an extra compounded annoyance.

Harley sassing Tim on his stint as Drake in Batman was good though and the new Catwoman seems to be shaping up to be something interesting, though the tie-into Joker War has Riddler holding an idiot ball for something that should've been an obvious thing coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Abroham Lincoln posted:

So am I getting this right that in the New 52, Tim's gone from Robin (off-panel) to Red Robin (for years) to Robin (because Bendis) to Drake (because Bendis) to Robin again??

Update: he is no longer Robin and is now Red Robin again.