Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Barry Convex posted:

I don't think that's Nightshade, I think that's Dreamer from the Supergirl TV series (making her DCU debut in a story in this anthology)

I think you're right. My mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Space Fish posted:

Something awoke in Stephanie that day.

All of our inner Paul Dinis can awaken at any time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Y'all remember when Geoff Johns gave Superman that "supernova" power burst?

I'm playing through the Superman Returns game and Bizarro has that same ability down to the name.

Geoff Johns is a hack is what I am saying.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Y'all remember when Geoff Johns gave Superman that "supernova" power burst?

I'm playing through the Superman Returns game and Bizarro has that same ability down to the name.

Geoff Johns is a hack is what I am saying.

I assume the developers were going along the lines of "Superman absorbs sunlight... Me Bizarro EMIT SUNLIGHT!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It would appear that Superman can do it as well. There's a bit in the tutorial explaining it. I just wasn't paying attention when the text was scrolling.

Also the game is terrible and I quit and watch a walk through video instead.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Black lightning's afro was a wig.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

It would appear that Superman can do it as well. There's a bit in the tutorial explaining it. I just wasn't paying attention when the text was scrolling.

The flying is dated now but felt really good at the time. Too bad about the rest of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The huge explorable city is neat and makes me miss the City of Tomorrow stuff they did 20 years ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, the game being as good as it was is amazing considering the shitshow it was behind the scenes with WB.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's just "fly around, punch this" rinse and repeat.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I'm sure saying it will invoke a monkey paw curling, but there's a part of me that misses ambitious-but-mediocre/terrible movie tie in games. Just thinking of what we could've gotten out of Venom or Aquaman in the timeline where those styles of games never went away.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Space_Butler posted:

I'm sure saying it will invoke a monkey paw curling, but there's a part of me that misses ambitious-but-mediocre/terrible movie tie in games. Just thinking of what we could've gotten out of Venom or Aquaman in the timeline where those styles of games never went away.

What was the last movie tie-in game? The Thor one on 3ds?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

It is terrible. It's also the best Superman game.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The best superman game is Gravity Rush 2

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The best Superman game is just cause 2 with the flying mod.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Clearly none of you played Commander Keen 4 or 5 with God Mode on.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I just play DCUO as a superpowered superman cosplayer :V

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Siegkrow posted:

I just play DCUO as a superpowered superman cosplayer :V

That game is so bad lol

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The smashy weapon system was pretty fun. :colbert: Also the superspeed! Running up buildings!

I swear to god the Flash TV series drew a lot of their :goesfast: effects directly from that game

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Mr Hootington posted:

This was not an ideal answer.

Pretty much the only good thing about the character is that they're non-binary representation. Everything else is just terrible.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Jess is fine. They're your standard smarmy speedster character, like they tried to make the Justice League version of Wally West into a comic character, so if you like that then there's nothing wrong with them. They haven't had much depth to them but that's what happens when you appear in a like two issue team book that's more concerned with a setting-up a future status quo than anything else.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1371833111294705664

Nightwing will now mostly angst as a complicated plot unfolds that doesn't really go anywhere and have loved ones brutally torn away.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Dawgstar posted:

Nightwing will now mostly angst as a complicated plot unfolds that doesn't really go anywhere and have loved ones brutally torn away.

I loved the new issue, but of course. Tom Kings influence is inescapable!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Tom Taylor sighs as he unsheathes his katana

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How long has Tom Taylor been on Nightwing? What I'm asking is how many back issues do I need to grab on comixology?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

How long has Tom Taylor been on Nightwing? What I'm asking is how many back issues do I need to grab on comixology?

One.

Also clearly both Taylor and King need to change their name to Bruce.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Coincidentally, Tom King's work with Grayson was the only thing I've really loved by him. So I probably would've read it that way too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Madkal posted:

One.

Also clearly both Taylor and King need to change their name to Bruce Martha

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

From what I hear about the Nightwing issue, people are going to mistake him for Matt Fraction.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

From what I hear about the Nightwing issue, people are going to mistake him for Matt Fraction.

Extremely accurate.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

I guess I need to snag this.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The puppy kicking by the generic bullies is a bit on the nose, but it's an excuse to give Dick a dog. I'm also curious to see where Taylor goes with Dick suddenly having a bunch of money. All we need now is Damian partnering with Dick again and it'll be the return of B&R

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Bendis' Justice League is mostly unobjectionable but I can't believe the very first page of it is just him going "Boy it's such a good idea that Superman told the world who he is. That was the best thing ever! Everyone likes it!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't like it. I don't hate it either which is surprising as I thought I would. So I guess on that scale it's a positive. I hate everything done with Jon since he came on the title though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I am curious if anybody tried out Catwoman

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

X-O posted:

I don't like it. I don't hate it either which is surprising as I thought I would. So I guess on that scale it's a positive. I hate everything done with Jon since he came on the title though.

Supersons was just too perfect for this world the first time around. Aging Jon up seems to mostly be uninteresting, as he is now a much blander character than when he was an excited regular kid with unpredictable powers.

I think it is fine that he revealed his identity... But so what? Nothing interesting happened at all because of it short of an issue or two where various people reacted.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Roth posted:

I am curious if anybody tried out Catwoman

Catwoman is interesting. It's definitely meant to be the new sort of Gotham Underworld book with her playing a Grey hat an interacting with the various villains and crime groups in a not entirely antagonistic way. I worry it might end up going back to Selina as Crimelord again, but I think there's probably a deliberate attempt not to get there. It's not a mindblowing book by any means, but it's entertaining.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The best book Bendis ever wrote was about a super hero who's identity got revealed to the world. But that was largely about how much of a poo poo it drew into his life.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Catwoman is interesting. It's definitely meant to be the new sort of Gotham Underworld book with her playing a Grey hat an interacting with the various villains and crime groups in a not entirely antagonistic way. I worry it might end up going back to Selina as Crimelord again, but I think there's probably a deliberate attempt not to get there. It's not a mindblowing book by any means, but it's entertaining.

Sounds good to me. Really enjoy Selina more as an outside rogue to both the heroes and villains than as full on a hero or villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

It's one of the titles that kept the same creative team, right? I didn't love Ram V's stuff before Future State, but I didn't hate it either, it was kind of aggressively "there", partly because of the same thing that led Tynion to write her out of his run on Batman, which is "you can't do anything with her and Batman interacting because King's gonna do his thing" and then JTIV's run took off and DC shrugged and decided King's series is now an Elseworlds thing.