Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Is Tom King depressed or something? He's been spinning his wheels for a while now with Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaunab posted:

Is Tom King depressed or something? He's been spinning his wheels for a while now with Batman.

I think he had planned 100 issues with Catwoman leaving in the middle and then them actually getting married at 100 and then realized he didn't have 50 issues worth of story for the back half.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
So I guess one or both of Flashpoint Bat-Dad and MARTHA sticking around will be the thing King got approved to change Batman forever or whatever, right?

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I wasn't overly excited about the prospect of Miller writing a Superman book, but after reading Year One last night I'm pleasantly surprised.

It had a few roll your eyes moments but on the whole I enjoyed it, but I'm definitely treating it as an Elseworlds tale.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Autism Sneaks posted:

So I guess one or both of Flashpoint Bat-Dad and MARTHA sticking around will be the thing King got approved to change Batman forever or whatever, right?

MY PARENTS ARE alive and well. Thank you for asking.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought this issue of Batman was the best in a long time. It felt so nice to be out of dream and flashback issues, and Bellaire's work is amazing in it.

King's definitely seen El Topo.
If Batdad turns hero and sticks around with maybe a resurrected mom, and Bruce and Selina have a good relationship in BM/CW and he ends the series able to be Batman while being fulfilled and happy with these relationships, that'll be a total defeat of Bane's plan for him. I can see that happening with the parents bit would fit the big crazy status quo thing he's been talking about.

If you needed any more proof of Vertigo going bye bye.
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1141759558920089605
Either that or another example of them backing away from publishing 'adult' content.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 20, 2019

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Speak of the devil: https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/21/18700918/dc-comics-vertigo-shutting-down-black-label

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So things will only be released under DC Kids, DC or Black Label, but Young Animal, Wildstorm, Sandman Universe, Wonder Comics and Jinxworld will still keep their branding? Clear as mud.
And you can still make creator owned stuff, but it'll just be mixed in with the rest?

The Zoom/Ink OGNs must've been selling like poo poo. I hope Superman Smashes the Klan still comes out.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 22, 2019

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I heard they were selling well, though (comics beat article iirc)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dc kids is just a way easier to process brand than zoom/ink

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I dunno, DC Zoom still sounds like it's oriented towards younger audiences without alienating kids at the older end of the age range who don't want to read stuff labeled "kids."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jim_Nightshade_/status/1142279553756344321

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looks like they aren't putting the kids/YA OGN idea out to pasture cause they just announced a ton of 'em

Including a Constantine one from Ryan North (Unbeatable Squirrel Girl)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 22, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not clicking that link, I'm just assuming we're going to get a Lil' Johnny Constantine book.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm not clicking that link, I'm just assuming we're going to get a Lil' Johnny Constantine book.

That's not the biggest news, remember this cartoon that was pitched but never made?

Well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Including a Constantine one from Ryan North (Unbeatable Squirrel Girl)

Bloody heck, mate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Bloody heck, mate.

Oy, can I bum a drag off yer vape pen mate?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/KellyKanayama/status/1142570184592502784?s=19

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Grant Morrison Batman omnibus came out today. I could kill a man with the size of my DickBat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Were there any Justice League stories with BatDick?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kid Hex is getting a mini. I'm into it.
https://twitter.com/agentfitz777/status/1143680971281195008

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skwirl posted:

Were there any Justice League stories with BatDick?

Robinson's run on Justice League of America.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Didn't Dwayne Mcduffie's Justice League also feature DickBat or am I misremembering that?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I didn't read JL at the time, but looking at dates his last issue was in the month that B&R #1 came out. It was the concluding chapter of a storyline, so I'm guessing he didn't use Grayson.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Do any of the other species in Earth’s sector of the universe get annoyed at how many human lanterns there are?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Why would Red Dad Batdemption wanna resurrect Prime Martha versus his own? Aside from her being the Joker that is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think that'd basically be it. He wants to start a happy family again with Bruce, so might as well use the sane version he won't have to kill again.
Or he just got ported in to the universe alone and can't go back.

massive edit:
https://twitter.com/EW/status/1143867153608785920

quote:

Hill House’s initial offerings will consist of five limited series: Basketful of Heads, written by Hill and illustrated by Leomacs; The Dollhouse Family, written by Mike Carey and illustrated by Peter Gross; The Low, Low Woods, written by Carmen Maria Machado and illustrated by Dani; Daphne Byrne, written by Laura Marks and illustrated by Kelley Jones; and Plunge, written by Hill with an artist to be revealed at a later date. Each comic will also come with two-page installments of a back-up feature called Sea Dogs, written by Hill.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 26, 2019

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

vegetables posted:

Do any of the other species in Earth’s sector of the universe get annoyed at how many human lanterns there are?

she wasn't chosen by a ring, which does sidestep the most powerful weapon in the universe creating a sixth(?) human lantern who would also be a young child ("Teen Lantern" is only eleven), but Bendis once again went to the "young STEM genius who reverse-engineers advanced technology" well but in this case she hacked a Power Battery to supercharge her Nintendo Power Glove

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

she wasn't chosen by a ring, which does sidestep the most powerful weapon in the universe creating a sixth(?) human lantern who would also be a young child ("Teen Lantern" is only eleven), but Bendis once again went to the "young STEM genius who reverse-engineers advanced technology" well but in this case she hacked a Power Battery to supercharge her Nintendo Power Glove

Teen Lantern isn't even a teenager?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Teen Lantern isn't even a teenager?

Not really a teenager and not really a lantern.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Buy Dial H already

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Buy Dial H already

oh my GOD :allears:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Autism Sneaks posted:

The reason Jon wasn't allowed onto the teen titans was because he wasn't a teenager. Now he is 20 something and won't be on the team again.

And teen lantern is just Riri and moon girl combined? Lol

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

The reason Jon wasn't allowed onto the teen titans was because he wasn't a teenager. Now he is 20 something and won't be on the team again.

God DC is such trash

Pretty sure he's now 16 or something. He's gonna be joining a much better team of teens. gently caress Titans.

Teen Lantern seems fun. Got no problem with Bendis creating more smart black girl characters wherever he goes.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 26, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Pretty sure he's now 16 or something. He's gonna be joining a much better team of teens. gently caress Titans.

Teen Lantern seems fun. Got no problem with Bendis creating more smart black girl characters wherever he goes.

Who said they have a problem with teen lantern?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think that'd basically be it. He wants to start a happy family again with Bruce, so might as well use the sane version he won't have to kill again.

massive edit:

You would think that the creators of Lucifer and Unwritten getting another series to do would be awesome news, and you would be right. Also I am always down for more Kelley Jones art so I'm in for that too.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I don’t have a problem with there being lots of human Green Lanterns, to be clear, more of a problem with “we have 7200 people to police the entire universe” because that is quite silly. For some reason I can’t suspend my disbelief around that so want there to be so many GLs that having six humans is not in the least remarkable.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

massive edit:

Basket full of Heads is a legit great title for...well, anything.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

A decapitated head would be a head that you cut the head off, drat it. The word you want is "severed."

The things people with editors still get away with, I swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

enigmahfc posted:

Basket full of Heads is a legit great title for...well, anything.

8 Heads in a Duffel Bag was awful, though.