Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah, Bart came back at the end of Flash War but that doesn't explain how anyone knows who he is. He makes no sense in this universe for anyone to know besides Wally and maybe Iris.

In rebirth it says that people’s memories can be restored. It happened with the titans and others. Plus tin had all those files on the preflashpoint universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

X-O posted:

I really really really hope this doesn't stick. This just sucks.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01/15/jonathan-kent-superboy-17-years-old/

One superboy for young justice one for legion of superheroes

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 16, 2019

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

War of Jokes and Riddles did some interesting things (Bruce having Riddler and Joker over for dinner to try make a peace deal was an interesting concept for an issue) but it did that annoying thing I hate where modern writers take villains and make them homicidal maniacs with body counts in the hundreds. I didn't mind the idea of the gang war between Riddler and Joker but for me Riddler should be about stupid riddles and heists and trying to prove he is smarter than everyone, but now he is on a Joker level body count.
Anyway, that's my gripe. The courting stuff post WoJaR is really good (date night being the peak) and it just makes issue #50 really bad because of how good the build up was. The stuff post #50 has been pretty solid but soooooo slow moving. We are currently in an arc where Bruce is experiencing nightmare after nightmare after nightmare without much pay off, and would honestly read better as a trade than single issue because it is the same thing down 6 times over.

You can blame Snyder for riddler having such a high body count due to year zero

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope the Adams miniseries is as unhinged as his last Batman and Superman work. It’s pure madness. How is his recent deadman mini?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Batman isn't quippy like Spider-Man or Luke Cage or any other street hero though.

But whatever I'll track down his Wal-Mart comic and eat crow, I guess

Daredevil is quippy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I never knew till today how much I needed a jimmy Olson and Dex-Starr book

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

So Wally West is now Lupus?

Speedsters are never lupus

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vertigo was basically over when they let go Karen Berger

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

You'd think that readers might wise up to "What if thing you know...but grim and dark????" as a narrative device at some point, and yet here we still are.

edit: Fraction's Jimmy Olsen is amazing y'all

Is dex-starr still involved?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I haven't been following JL Odyssey too closely, but this seems like pretty clear case of a fake-out that they can easily walk back from (I mean that skeleton could've come from anywhere :v:), probably in the next issue or so. Like it seems like the villain has won and all hope is lost or whatever and then suddenly Jessica will be back and drop a horse on Darkseid or something.

Look at the covers for the upcoming issues

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

So Jon goign to the Legion is the dumbest poo poo ever. Basically: "You proposed the idea of the United Planets; we want you to join the Legion of Superheroes!" Just full on writing him off to the future as quickly as possible.

Otoh, seeing the JSA in JL was cool.

Better than you inspired the legion join us in the future?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

How insane is the new Neal Adams Batman?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I enjoyed today’s Batman as it showed Bruce getting played. He thought his plan was going to work but nope not the smartest person in the room.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Civilized Fishbot posted:

100% actually clayface, you read it here first

Damian is best when he's a horrifying weirdo antichrist kid (his name is loving Damian) who shares a disturbingly strong mutual understanding with his horrifying weirdo dad

Nope. It looks like Thomas Wayne played them and Batman thought Alfred was replaced but it’s the original

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Roth posted:

That sounds like too much fun, so I'm assuming Tom King did not write it.

He did

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

And plays pro football.

And rides a mecha

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Also Batman/Catwoman has not been solicited

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Beerdeer posted:

What the hell is going on with the DC universe? I read up to maybe Convergence and then stayed in the back issue realm for a while. I picked up the first trade for the current Justice League and I'm lost. It's a new league but they all know each other? Martian Manhunter is the head of the league but has not been around for years? There are multiple multiverses, and the JLA broke the Source Wall but we're just expected to know that story before an issue #1 of the flagship title?

I'm drowning and this isn't the DC universe I read for years. I thought Rebirth was supposed to give us that back.

The miniseries no justice was the lead up to it along with the metal crossover

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Also Batman hanging with Charlie Brown

Is doomsday clock canon? Or is it dark label?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah but they could have done that years ago and keep DickBats with OG Batman but they didn't do that for some reason.

Not keeping DickBats around was a crime.

Thank you 52. Also they said he was Batman and also he wasn’t. Early 52 had no idea what it was doing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Joker quit killing people in the late 40s and I am up to about '64 across the Batman, Detective comics, and World's finest and he has not started to kill again. I am nearing close to 20 years without a Joker related murder.

Wouldn’t that have to do a lot with the cca?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Whatever happened to the Johns Shazam book?

Art delays. It’s on issue 11

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Are there any comics where Constantine interacts with the Lucifer from Sandman and the Mike Carey series? Because it's obviously a different character from the Ennis run and a bunch of the Rebirth stuff had Vertigo and especially Sandman stuff and John Constantine interacting more with the Cape and Cowl stuff.

Nope. Lucifer has retired and that’s why the first of the fallen was created

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Damien did die and come back but it never factors in to the Super Sons book, so you're good. If you really need to know, I'm sure it's all on Wikipedia along with citations of what books to read.

It’s also written by the same guy who does supersons. It’s all in second volume of Batman and Robin.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

What if he's being controlled by bad writers

Tom Taylor is not a bad writer

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I was really hoping that Rebirth would see the Phantom Stranger go back to being a... well, stranger. But it looks like we're gonna stick with that "literally Judas" thing, huh? :(

He has an easy fix as he already had a couple of origins including one where he stabbed Jesus with the spear of destiny. Judas can’t be the phantom stranger as that is the origin of Dracula

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jiro posted:

And Kyle Rayner's girlfriend that was a Black Lantern in a fridge was nice and classy too.

With the black lantern ring as a magnet

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

While Black Manta really hating Aquaman is a good direction, making a character commit casual nonsensical murders is lazy writing.

Much better is having him murder aquaman infant child

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

But Dr Psycho is a Wondy villain. Why not just use him if you want someone with Mind Control powers.

He is not in the movie that is coming out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I don't think DCUniverse is anywhere close to complete enough for that kind of thing.

A good starting point is any Len Wein issues or Danny O’Neil

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Tom Taylor says read Suicide Squad quick as you can because Spoilers.

Always look at Tom Taylor’s precious books.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Beamed posted:

If I were interested in the Grant Morrison Batman run, will the Omnibusses generally have everything I'd want in that continuity? I noticed there's some missing consecutive numbers, are they necessary?

They are either crossovers, fill ins, or when he came back for special occasions

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Was Geoff Johns ultimately the guy who signed off on Bruce and Barbara hooking up in the Killing Joke cartoon?

No that was already included in Batman beyond

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

It's also the game which makes it canon both Killing Joke and Death in the Family happened in that universe, which are again, the two biggest culprits in making Joker the super dark killer he has been in comics.

And has diplomatic immunity

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think that was Bendis

I think the worst thing Smith did the Big Two superheroes was adding a rape backstory to Felicia Hardy

What? That was definitely Smith in his lovely Batman series. Bendis has wrote very little Batman. He also gave Karen page aids, and made speedy a child prostitute.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Oh, it had a big ol' issue 1 on the cover and a "To be continued" at the end so I just assumed we'd be getting more of........this...

Yeah it will be continued in Batman

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Noob Saibot posted:

Ugh wtf she’s putting Tim Drake back into that stupid loving new 52 costume

The picture is from detective comics 1000

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

drat, yeah Demon Knights was good as hell. Also, I really loved the Frankenstein book but the Rotworld crossover really didn't help it, Animal Man, or Swamp Thing (mainly due to over staying its welcome). Animal Man afterwards was incredible though.

Earth 2 was absolutely one of the best N52 books. It was pretty interesting to see young versions of the JSA characters, and they really let the writers go wild because it is in a different universe. Making Green Lantern just Swamp Thing and not an Alien Space Wizard was brilliant. Makes Solomon Grundy bring his villain way cooler too.

Frankenstein was already over when the Rot crossover occurred. It had one more issues after the three issues of rotworld. Matt Kindt is always awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

It's doing the poo poo Johns wanted to do with his Watchmen thing where all of the past and future stuff that was wiped due to New 52 is back in some manner. The events of Metal forced a split and they're their own Earth that's not in the core. There's a new Earth other than Earth-0 (Earth-Prime?) that's basically a flaming story hook for Snyder or whoever else. Same with "Darkseid is missing"

Also the two page spread where they partied and mentioned them inviting villains only has Harley and Ivy as villains in it, lol.

I also see bizarro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I feel like a lot of it must've been revised when it went from being a new status quo to just being a bunch of minis. Or at least, I hope that's the case, because I've always thought I would've been genuinely excited for a brand new status quo with a bunch of new heroes, but so far like half of this brand new future is "the future loving sucks, huh?"

Like one of the greatest critiques of Batman stories is "why would anyone live in Gotham City? It's a nightmare" and the brave new status quo for all the Future State stuff in Gotham is "actually it's an even worse fascist state"

How does it compare to futures end?