Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

FoneBone posted:

Flashpoint sequel in honor of its... uh, 11th anniversary:

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/status/1482019676884373507

That's a real shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Ok from pages ago but loving hell why does Morrisson mention this and tease us so:

drat, I would've loved to read this. Shame it didn't make it to page.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I am fairly certain vampires have bitten Superman in the past and have been instantly repelled because of the solar radiation in his cellular structure.

That's not good enough. I want them to instantly turn to ash like when they get staked in Blade.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I have to admit that I'm also unfamiliar with this character, but Dreamer is a cool name for a superhero and I think her outfit looks cool, so I'm down for it! :buddy:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Space Fish posted:

Ram V putting out nothing but bangers for us ungrateful swine!

Yeah! You all better be reading Swamp Thing, or else... :blastu:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Azubah posted:

Nonsense, there are no green lantern fans. There are only hal jordan fans.

-This post was paid for by Hal's Emerald Attack Team

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

TwoPair posted:

The Rebirth Tomasi run is like A+ Superman imo (aside from one awkward issue) and then you can read Super Sons and then you can stop reading when Bendis comes on.

Skwirl posted:

Morrison's 12 issues of Action Comics with the start of New 52 is really good and I think if everything else had been even half that smart DC would have destroyed Marvel's market share in comic shops.

:hai:

Good Superman comics coming out right after universe reboots is becoming a bit of a trend. Maybe we need to pressure DC to do another reboot so we can get another excellent Superman series.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Shaving a tiny line between your goatee and soul patch to keep them separated is the most evil thing the Riddler has ever done.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Shazam 2 and Black Adam are coming out soon-ish, right? It might be worth getting some Shazam books on the shelves as well. I recommend Shazam: Monster Society of Evil and The Trials of Shazam!. For Black Adam, I would recommend Black Adam: Rise and Fall of an Empire, but that one might not be in print any more.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I don't think Son of Kal-El is quite as good as Nightwing, but it's still good and definitely worth reading if you're interested in a Superman Jr. book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Siegkrow posted:

Vision was when I understood that Tom King doesn't really care much about the previous history in universe and will character assassinate to tell the story he wants to tell.
And when I complained about that a few years ago people laughed at me lol.

It's not character assassination if it's a good story. :buddy:

I joke, but I think a lot of people do feel that way to some degree or another. I, for one, am a lot more willing to swallow breaks from established characterisation and backstory if it's in service of a good book. If you're going to undermine existing dynamics just to write something like Heroes in Crisis, why even bother?