Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
There's a good reason my Legion of Super-Heroes collection has gaps in it, and I've been following the team since the early eighties. There's also a good reason DC hasn't really been engaging me for some years now.

They just happen to be the same reason, and I'm occupying myself with other interests, comics-related or no. It hasn't been hard -- and one of these days an interesting Legion book might even happen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taichara
May 9, 2013

After catching up on this thread ...

... Uh, this is where I keep in mind the advice I got here of, more or less, "don't expect to see anything for the Legion at least until Doomsday Clock is over" and start upgrading it to "pray they never bring the Legion back ever because the alternative is bound to be horrific", isn't it.

*sigh*

taichara
May 9, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

Don't you have any faith in Jonathan Hickman?

Not particularly, no.

taichara
May 9, 2013

I DIDN'T MEAN TO BAIT THE MONKEY'S PAW I SWEAR

taichara
May 9, 2013

And he's putting every single DC future story into one continuity.

Never mind one finger curling in, I think I just got slapped by the entire monkey's paw at once.

taichara
May 9, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

I know nothing of them either, but I like that Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad both have the alt-right 'Heil and Tight" haircut, but Lightning Lad has a little redneck mullet going on too.

I'm not thrilled with seeing that element in either of their designs.

I'm even less thrilled at seeing the creative team decide to not only go right back into the 70s with the " horribly yikes Native American Stereotypes" details with Dawnstar, I think they've rocketed right past it and gotten worse. "Spirit wings", really guys? Really?

taichara
May 9, 2013

I love how Bendis' idea of writing the Legion is to be writing a book with as much present day DCU and DCU references as he can possibly fit into it.

No, wait, I mean the other thing.

God forbid the 31st Century develop a(nother) take on its own.

taichara
May 9, 2013

People complain (reasonably) about DiDio pulling Cass Cain as Batgirl and putting Steph into the role, forgetting that it's also, IIRC, DiDio who was all in on the misogynistic mess that was making Steph Robin just to slaughter her and cause Batman manpain. Because he didn't like the character.

Also Identity Crisis. Just, Identity Crisis.

Lot of bodies praising his inclusivity now, but to me it just looks like at some point he learned which way the wind was blowing. And I'm glad he's finally bloody gone.

taichara
May 9, 2013

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Steph Batgirl was good, though, and Cass had being The Black Bat to go to.

I have the Steph Batgirl trades sitting right here; I'm very fond of them and of Steph as Batgirl. But it's just as understandable that fans of Cass (I've never had much of an opinion either way, myself) were irked when it happened.

Sometimes I think DC pits fannish groups against each other like that deliberately. The whole Green Lantern thing *waves hands vaguely* is a great example.

taichara
May 9, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Is Connor the Superboy from Death and Return? I coulda sworn he was a (genetically modified) clone from the start.

He is, but the other DNA donor wasn't originally Luthor; it was, iirc, Paul Westfield (the head of the project at Cadmus).

Geoff Johns decided to retcon Kon-El's origin to include Luthor when he added Superboy to the Teen Titans -- and it's probably not a coincidence that he'd had a letter published in the bygone years before that elaborating on his grand theory of Luthor being involved. It's just another example of Johns changing continuity to suit his own personal wankery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taichara
May 9, 2013

Well I either picked a bad time or a passable time to tune back in ...

Another LSH? Is this a book(?) relaunch of the same (Bendis) take, or another reboot, or we don't know yet?