Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

It seems like this one was a Marvel thing because there were a bunch of rumors they were making Miles change his hero name so there would only be one Spider-Man. I'm guessing Spider-Verse helped stop that.

I can imagine the huge (and justified) backlash Marvel would have gotten if they changed Miles superhero name the same year an amazing movie featuring Miles and with the message that anyone can be Spider-Man is released. Someone stopped that foolishness and that person deserves a raise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
HiC was so bad. I mean, it has been bad before, but this one was just filler. Most of the one-off therapy sessions of minor characters haven't been bad and if they had been released in one-shot tie-ins, they could have worked, but as part of the main event, they just feel like filler to make the whole series longer. Also, now Gerads has been dragged into this mess too, his art looks worse than in Mister Miracle.

radlum
May 13, 2013

catlord posted:

That's something I would actually be interested in, but not with that. With any luck they'll have a reprint without it.

Yeah; the collections sounds pretty good, but that branding is awful. I hope it gets rereleased without it at some point

radlum
May 13, 2013
Has Superman been referred to as "Man of Action" before?

radlum
May 13, 2013
Yeah, why would they do this so close to Fandome? Does DC expect that the target audience for Fandome doesn't care for these kind of stuff?

radlum
May 13, 2013
So I just read on CBR that DC is publishing an 80s comics HC, with Alan Moore’s Twilight of the Superheroes full text; was that never published before and we only new excerpts of it?

radlum
May 13, 2013
Which TPB edition of Final Crisis should I get? There's a sale on Comixology and there are 2 options, the New Edition and the DC Essentials edition; they seem to have the same content, but the Essentials one is more expensive and has more pages. Does anyone know what else does the Essentials have?

radlum
May 13, 2013
It was really basic; except for a couple of moments with Jason, I felt I was reading a mediocre Joker story from a forgettable run. Art wasn’t bad though.

radlum
May 13, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait did Hood just murder that little person and no one commented on it.

I guess technically the shark did it so I guess he gets a pass?

I think that if this had been just an arc during a regular Batman run, at least the surprise of the 3 Jokers would have been amusing, but being this overhyped series that was supposed to answer a mistery from years ago, it feels like a waste of time and hype.

Still, I totally expect lists of "where to start with Batman" or "iconic Joker stories" in 2022 to include the TPB of this series; it feels oddly unrelated to anything else going on in the main books so it would work better as a single volume.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

They probably separated those two so that Jason and Barbara could each have their own Jokers to deal with.

That makes more sense for the story...but also less sense for the overall idea of 3 different Jokers.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I just realized Lucifer was also cancelled. Was it any good? I was trying to get into the Sandman Universe books and that one and Hellblazer were the ones I was actually interested in reading.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Alfred is alive again?

radlum
May 13, 2013
I though Batman 100 was OK; I actually liked Harley and I wish she had killed Joker, if only to spare us from another "Batman should kill the Joker" moment, though the epilogues were kind of meh; Clownhunter being around but outside of Batman's family is kind of dissapointing and so far I don't know why I should care about Punchline and the more DC tries to make me care, the less I'm willing to.

Also, once I remembered Harper and Duke, I realized Tynion is just doing the same stuff Snyder did; introduce a new character to the batfamily, but with such a tenous connection to them that no other writer makes anything worthwhile with them. I still think that Duke should have been made officially a Robin if only to force writers and readers to pay attention to him; I like Clownhunter a bit more and I was hoping they would actually make him Robin...but I guess he'll be another forgotten Batman tertiary character in a couple of years.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Is the Joker the only villain that gets that is used to tirelessly drill the point that the hero should kill?

Lex Luthor is around and Norman Osborn has been coming and going for a while, but I don't recall the same arguments about Superman or Spider-Man, even though they are also heroes that don't kill their villains.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Vandar posted:

Punchline is so friggin' lame.

I get that DC was trying to give Joker a new girlfriend and I kind of like the design of the character, but Punchline is the Poochiest character I've seen in a while.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Has Batman ever had an internal debate whether to "kill" the Scarface doll or not? I kind of want to see that.

radlum
May 13, 2013
So I didn't get it at first, but seeing reactions online...was that Otto Binder trying to contact his daughter (who died in an accident) through a seance in Rorschach #1? If so then...that's even worse than a Ditko stand-in being on the comic

radlum
May 13, 2013

site posted:

Arguing that lindelof sees himself as a klansman certainly is a take

lovely centrism aside, I don’t see how one can go from “the series doesn’t refute the senator enough” to “Lindelof’s self insert is a klansman”

radlum
May 13, 2013

TwoPair posted:

The real question is how long til some poo poo writer has Joker kill that family? It'll happen before 2022 I'm willing to bet.

It will be in a mediocre event, maybe the Joker steals all of Batman's information and to show it, he goes and does it.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I regret all the snarky comments I made about Deadpool and Harley Quinn and how much they were pushed upon the readers. Punchline is the actual Poochie of mainstream comics.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Good point, though I put Knull and the Batman-Who-Laughs in the same category.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Batman and Catwoman is an unreadable mess. Constantly jumping back and forth between time with no clear line connecting them or clear transitions. loving terrible.

Me a few hours ago: What a shame that DC didn't let Tom King finish his Batman run.

Also me, right now, after reading Batman Catwoman: This is just awful, glad we didn't have to get more issues of King's Batman.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Did Chip have an exclusive contract with Marvel? I'm loving his Daredevil run and this makes me worried that it's either gonna end sooner than expected or that he won't get to write more Marvel characters.

Also, just finished Rucka's Wonder Woman Rebirth run and I kind of liked it but also ended up slightly dissapointed about some stuff (did we ever get more of an origin for Cheetah?)

radlum
May 13, 2013

The Last Call posted:

Will the real Batman please stand up, please stand up.

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/statu...%5Es1_&ref_url=

I love that Keaton did Birdman and thought "Nevermind what Inarritu thinks; more superhero blockbusters is actually what I need"

radlum
May 13, 2013

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Miracle Molly is just Tynion's Cyberpunk PC right?

Yeah...and the name is clearly a drug reference, but in a way that sounds very "how do you do fellow kids?".

radlum
May 13, 2013
So what's the status of the Teen Titans in the post New52 era? I was reading the Super Sons Omnibus and just got to the Teen Titans team up and it's Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy with Damian, so I guess they all are younger than Dick? was he ever part of that team?

radlum
May 13, 2013
That's actually rather cool on DC; both the characters and creators are very interesting and I hope it leads to more representantion regularly and not just on special issues.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Nightwing was...fine. The art was pretty good and I like the interactions with Barbara, but the main plot with Blockbuster and the mayor didn't grab me.

Still, I think it's too soon to start with the Fraction/Aja Hawkeye comparions, though; a hero with a dog doesn't mean it's a rehash of Hawkeye.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Nightwing was fine; I love the art and his relationship with Babs, but the whole Bludhaven/Zucco plot is not catching me yet. Still will keep on reading it (though I forgot that DC didn't relaunch the book and wasted some time looking for a Nightwing (2021) run, instead of just continuing from his Rebirth volume.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Nightwing was pretty fun; I love the art and colors and I like the callback of Tim and Dick talking on a train. I remember some negative comparisons to Hawkeye a few months ago, but I think this is very much its own thing so far.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I just assume most of pop culture characters don't vote, unless they are explicitly very concerned with politics.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Just finished Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad...and that was underwhelming. Seems like Taylor cared more to promote his new characters and make some generic complaints about the US and superheroes, and while it's not a bad comic, it felt more like an indie title that got repurposed as a Suicide Squad comic.

If I don't ever see the Revolutionaries again, I'll be fine.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Just saw on Twitter that Wild Dog was part of the Capitol attack, at least according to a Black Label book.

I don't care about the character, but that's surely a weird thing to add to a non-canon version of him.

radlum
May 13, 2013
So...Tim on Batman Urban Legends 6. Good for him, though I hope this is something that sticks and not just remains on subtext.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s Zdarsky writing another Red Batman. Of course it’s good. Also, Zdarsky writes a great regular colored Batman as well.

He said on todays newsletter that he is quitting Batman after his week's issue (as in, they didn't ask him to do more), but who knows if that's actually true.

radlum
May 13, 2013
So if I like noir, don’t care for the JLI and dislike Guy Gardner, will I enjoy Human Target?

radlum
May 13, 2013
What’s Wally West’s current status?

radlum
May 13, 2013
I'm close to finishing the Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes Book One TPB (that collects issues 1-12) and I'm wondering why was there so much hype around this book when it was published. I remember people being excited about it and though I like Jaime, the suit design and his supporting cast, the book overall feels just OK. The art is just OK, the initial plot depends a lot on having read Infinite Crisis and the pacing is kind of wonky.

Does the series get better? Are the New52 series and the Graduation Day miniseries any good?

radlum
May 13, 2013
Is that series collected in tpb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
I'm around 9 issues into Adams' run on Flash and the writing is pretty great; the only drawback is that the art is not as good. If this run had more interesting artists, it would have gotten more attention