Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ad for Josh Williamson's Batman/Flash crossover Hi-C tie-in, with the shadow of Gotham Girl looming over 'em.

and Chris Burnham's cover for the second Flash issue.

Gotham Girl is still a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Roth posted:

Do people other than DT read that?

Sideways? Yeah, I'm a spider-man loser who reads like all the spidey books. So I read that too.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Present ---> Fall of America ----> Extinction of man -----> Sun goes supernova ----> heat death of the universe ----> Doomsday Clock #12

Covok
May 27, 2013

Luthor and Martian Manhunter were childhood besties!?

What? What!?

Synder's Justice League is awesome in weird ways.

Also, if Teen Lantern didn't appear on the cover or in promo images, no one would know what she looked like.

Also, SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE gently caress IS UP WITH DAMIAN HAVING A SECRET TORTURE PRISON!??? THAT ISN'T COOL.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I just got caught up with Green Lantern.

It's...a little awkward. First off, this is like the third time the DC Earth has been shrunken and stolen in the last twelve months. Secondly, "tough cop shoots and kills unrepentant murderer" has always been iffy to me because of, well, real life socio-politics. Also, since when is Green Lantern so full of technobabble?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Why would DC take King off Batman 15 issues early? Right after he did the Hollywood Reporter interview!?

Covok
May 27, 2013

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/23/tom-king-batman/

https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/1131346058473172993?s=20

It's been confirmed.

Culprit: Bob Harass didn't like the book.

You know, Sal at comicpop said "Marvel will do whatever sells, for better or worse. DC will do whatever pleases a small group of people's ego, for better or worse" two weeks ago. It feels approriate here.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Quiet, Dan DiDio.

No, Bob Harass is the guy behind this one.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, but DiDio is the reason Cass and Steph were pushed to the side for Barbara for ages.

Oh, I get ya now, fam.

I actually read some Cain Batgirl. Kind of hate they took away her spider-sense and let her talk 4 issues in.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

Her having to be retrained by Shiva, and their fight to the death was pretty good though.

Didn't make it that far.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Adnor posted:

Of course it was the decision of just one higher up. It's always the decision of just one higher up.

Hopefully the internet backlash means that they go back from this decision and let King finish his run in his own terms. Even with all its faults (And there are many) I really enjoy it.

Cancel Heroes in Crisis instead.

One More Day.

Identity Crisis.

It's always one guy up top who pushes bad ideas with no one to check them.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sinteres posted:

What'll be really funny is if they backtrack now that everyone's mad and then it comes out and turns out to be unbelievably stupid.

Batman marries Bane while Catwoman cries into her pillow.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Adnor posted:

I'd read that tbh.

Batman and Bane: The New Cuckqueen Adventures

Covok
May 27, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit:
"allowing DC to incorporate the monthly BATMAN title into the larger DC universe and continuity"
I dunno what they mean by that.

It means that they hated Tom King's work and they're just going to like give it to him some schlub and then probably Bendis and try to make it more like how marketing thinks the series should be.

I like Tom King's Batman, just to be clear.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Uh, this probably shouldn't be called the "DC/Vertigo Comics 2019" thread anymore.

Rhyno posted:

The New Krypton era is one of my favorite runs of bad comics.

How so?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Posthuman Lex is the worst possible take on a villain. Misses the who point of the character.

Who doesn't like tie ins that are just two panels with a Legion of Doom logo in the sky? In the more important ones they even look up at the sky, go "Huh", and return back to what they were doing.

I have to agree. Lex Luthor's whole shitck is that he is a normal, greedy businessman with a lot to prove. He was top dog until Superman showed up. This is why some people bemoan Superman because he was gifted with all these traits while Luthor worked for them. However, I, an intellectual, argue that Lex's response to Superman is the ultimate condemnation of his person: a truly great man would have worked with Superman to help others instead of tearing down the entire world to try to scream at the void that he was superior.

Turning him into a superbeing COULD work. Hell, All-Star Superman does this AMAZINGLY. This is not All-Star Superman. This is Lex Luthor turning from the villain people love into a grey slice of white bread that blindly worships an evil god. This makes no sense for Lex. I get they lampshade it. I get they point out this is why Lex is wining because he now believes in something bigger than himself. I even concede that's thematically appropriate to a degree. But, it is boring as hell. There is a glut of characters, usually throw away, in fiction who are acting like Lex is right now. But there is only one Lex Luthor and he's nowhere to be seen in this story.

Covok
May 27, 2013

How is Naomi by BMB?

Covok
May 27, 2013

This doesn't matter though, right? Johns is no longer CCO.

Covok
May 27, 2013

You know I got the dumbest idea for an event for DC.

Everything seems normal. Then, things just are changing out of the blue. John is suddenly a kid again. Superman is it an older version of his costume. Batman and Catwoman are just inexplicably married. And so on and so forth with what fans have been demanding from DC.

However, also bad things are happening. Villains are turning into older incarnations. People good and bad are just coming back from the dead and others are just Vanishing.

Eventually, the heroes start to take notice that things are wrong. And people begin to notice the change and hate how their lives are just being altered. They find out it's being caused by an entity called The Empty hand, which was a Grant Morrison character design to represent the audience.

The characters begin to struggle against the empty hand which is convinced it is doing what is right for these characters. But in doing so it was taking away the free will, killing people they thought were pointless, bring people back who would accepted their death, reverting people in age, making other people older, playing God basically.

When the heroes finally beat the empty hand, the empty hand is temporarily dispersed and the story abruptly ends. And then the entire DC Comics line jumps forward 10 years because that's how long it was said it would take for the empty hand to regain its grasp on the universe and it's implied that not a lot of big things happened in that 10 years.

People got to actually move forward with their life. There were no big events. No apocalypses. There were still crime and occasional supervillainy, but things had died down for those ten years and people were allowed to take it easy. With it being implied that that was a result of the empty hand, the audience, not controlling the last 10 years.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Remember when the Face said he'd perform cunnilingus on Ms Martian? Because I try to forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

further evidence of post-DiDio creative upheaval: the Generation Two one-shot is missing from the June solicits (they were previously announced to be released monthly, beginning with Generation One in May)

Generation Two?