Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Every question I ever had is not answered in one issue of Young Justice therefore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Everyone knew Jon would get aged up, but now suddenly people are all, 'gently caress you Bendis! You did the exact thing we knew you would be doing for for like the past 6 months and has been confirmed by previews and everything!"

okay

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
wasn't he already like 12?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
What the hell is going on with that left leg/knee?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think that'd basically be it. He wants to start a happy family again with Bruce, so might as well use the sane version he won't have to kill again.
Or he just got ported in to the universe alone and can't go back.

massive edit:
https://twitter.com/EW/status/1143867153608785920

Basket full of Heads is a legit great title for...well, anything.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

X-O posted:

I'm not really a fan of Legion at all but yeesh that Matter Eater Lad design is really bad.

I know nothing of them either, but I like that Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad both have the alt-right 'Heil and Tight" haircut, but Lightning Lad has a little redneck mullet going on too.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

X-O posted:

That was exciting for a moment until I scrolled down to see Harley Quinn. No thanks.

She really is the anti-excitement drug I need to keep me form spending money on a book, so thanks DC!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I saw the latest issue of that Leviathan event at the shop, and realized I don’t think I’ve seen a single post about it. Is anyone actually reading it?

I am! I enjoy it so far, but you really need to have read the lead up Action Comics or a lot of it will be kind of lost on you. It’s peak Bendis in the ‘hang around and talk about everything’ department, but that doesn’t rub me the wrong way like some people on here. I really like his Plastic Man, and the whole team piles on Red Hood being a suspect because he’s sort of a piece of poo poo, so that’s good.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Snyder's/Tynion's Justice League is a whole lot of fun to read and isn't afraid to just do batshit weird things so I will never hate it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I mean, JL didn't have a 'proper ending', but this is comics we are talking about so it's not like any of this would ever actually 'end' within our lifetimes. The good guys lost, which I actually appreciate (even though they will eventually win). From how some people were talking on here, I was expecting it to end with Wonder Woman pregnant with Batman's kid or something ACTUALLY bad, but to me, nothing really worthy of "WOOF" (whatever that means).

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Unforgivable is a bit much. It's just a comic.

I was fine with the ending, but I wasn't expecting a proper 'ending' anyway. Plus, Snyder has always been bad at endings.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So in this week's Justice League, we have a page where Batman has Alfred (who appears on the monitor) autopilot the Batplane. Then 3 pages later Superman is all "I'm Bruce's oldest friend since Alfred died".

Good going, team.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

BrianWilly posted:

The panel of Bruce talking to Alfred is a flashback.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but within the story it totally isn't a flashback, he is even communicating with the rest of the League so we know it's happen all at the same time.

I think the story was written, then events like Pennyworth biting it happened, and some stuff had to be re-written, but oops, art.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

BrianWilly posted:

I'm not joking, are you joking? Reread the page. Batman talks to his plane's computer, tells it to go on autopilot. Then there's another panel in completely different color and shape, showing Batman telling Alfred to manually drive the plane back. Then the third panel shows Batman gone but the autopilot engaged.

The second panel is Bruce imagining how it would be if Alfred were still alive, how very slightly different the scene would be but in a way that nontheless matters a lot to Bruce. I was off about it being a flashback, but Alfred is not alive in that page.

okay, I can see that now. That's just a really weird way of doing that, I feel. Kind of confusing, considering "Alfred" is replying as if he is part of the story/conversation. I just took it as just another panel, with the monitor coming on, then going off.

Maybe I'm color blind or drunk, because the differing colors did not register with me at all.

in other words, nothing to see here! ignore me!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So...this Death Metal series is really loving dumb.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Cassa posted:

I was reading some godawful event comic tie in where exactly this happened, except it was Deadshot and some other people with names, and the prison was introduced and broken out of within three pages.

All according to keikau.

I think that was actually a Batman comic from the beginning of this year.
Because the Batman comics have been weird and somewhat bad recently.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
at least it saves me money for 2 months.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
she really could have worded that tweet better....

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Maybe. All I know is someone in editorial is now screaming, "This is why it should be Rick! RICK!".

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The Question IRL posted:

I think under the forum rules we have to say whatever book Vulpes is writing is the best.

But seriously, he writes some really great books like Taskmaster.

Because of stupid alternate covers I picked up Black Cat issue 4 again last week, and I already have issue 4 and I was so mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
One Star Squadron was really good. The Heckler being really good as sales bro telemarketing puts a smile on my face.