Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

that's fantastic, wonder if it's an interesting read or not.

finally got an order in from darts corner after (understandibly, right now) the postal service being a bit of a mess, got some dark thunders and what a dart! i hadn't had a straight ringed barrel up until now and its amazing how nice it releases, second day of throwing had my first ever 60+ average leg, which was a huge encouraging sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

"I dont fully understand football contracts but you can just be outright cut if you're shit right? With no penalties? Hockey needs that."

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Leg! I've switched away from my straight ring pentathlons back to my target Azzurris. I'm still not quite where I should be but things are looking up. I have the bulbous Elite 95 Designas coming. Feels like a lot longer ago but I just checked and order only went in 3 weeks ago. Oh dear

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

lEt'S mOsEy

Ughhh, i'm missing proper televised darts. These PDC games at home are fun but they're not the same.

On the plus side my boy Durrant has probably been at the top of the Premier League for a record amount of time now

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

"I dont fully understand football contracts but you can just be outright cut if you're shit right? With no penalties? Hockey needs that."

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I really miss the actual live darts, sports in general. Wonder they haven't tried to put off a players championship or something

The General
Mar 4, 2007

So gentlemen, we meet again.

Dart board is back up. Hurray! What I dont understand is how I can get 140, then 125 and spend the rest of leg struggling to get 20.

Or

Get a t19 d18 to go out one leg, then the next spend 15-20 darts trying to hit a double.

I would like to trade moments if clarity for a more dependable mediocrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Darts is worse than poker for being in your head. Anybody can throw a dart, anybody can throw a 180. Doing it consecutively or with any consistency is the hard part. I started in fall 2017 in a league with maybe a ~40 average. By the end of the season I was having nights where I might average ~54 for the night. I was practicing daily by then, by the start of next season I broke out with a ~60 and stayed there. At home I began to have matches against the computer where I'd go over 70, sometimes near 80 but fall apart on doubles. Then all of a sudden last summer, everything went to hell and in recent months I've struggled to maintain my 60 average. The aforementioned switch in darts (dont be like me) has helped but as I said, I'm still not where I should be.

The league I used to play in was a team league, singles suits me much better. I played in a league last year that I should have won but faltered in the playoffs. I moved up to the top level league locally this year and I wasn't challenging for first place this time but I was winning a few games, including a tie against the leagues top player who was 15-0 prior to our match with nearly a 75 average. That felt good. Thankfully I was doing better in real matches than practicing at home, but since this all came in and our league went on hiatus my game has gone to poo poo. But things are looking up. I think I practice too much. I hardly ever miss a day. I had a similar thing with guitar where I made it a point to practice every day. Then suddenly I missed a few and felt like I benefitted because of it. I'm not being so militant now about going to the oche every day.

«4 »