Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Will Balloon Man come back and save the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

tarlibone posted:

He'll use his balloons to fly across the destroyed bridge and get supplies. He's not the hero Gotham deserves, but he's the one Gotham needs.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheLoneStar posted:

He'll use his balloons to fly across the destroyed bridge and get supplies. He's not the hero Gotham deserves, but he's the one Gotham needs.

I suspect there's a non zero chance he'll turn up this season. There are some very deep cuts, actor cameo wise, coming up.

Also the guy who wrote that episode is the showrunner now.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I haven't watched this show since right around "WHAT'S ALTRUISM?!" happened but I'm thinking maybe I need to pick it up again...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tarlibone posted:

What about Kite Man?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I haven't watched this show since right around "WHAT'S ALTRUISM?!" happened but I'm thinking maybe I need to pick it up again...

I loved that line. It was so absurd and dumb, but totally believable coming from Bullock. And the cherry on top was Gordon's immediate reaction.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

What about Kite Man?

Sounds like a good time to introduce Condiment King.

I laugh every time Penguins leg gets hosed up more. Though I wish Gotham wasn't in the general Batman vacum; it's already got all the wacky poo poo from DC going on, why not have Zatana or Swamp Thing come by for a visit?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can't help feel that they should have just written off Ivy as a character by this point

Episode recap: meh

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 11, 2019

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Where's Lee?!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mameluke posted:

Where's Lee?!

Making it with Deadpool

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Mameluke posted:

Where's Lee?!

I thought for a second she was the skull leader lady... But... Welp.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I found it sort odd and maybe slightly refreshing that the build up to creepy lady in the hotel was handled rather … quickly.

Lots of random cannon fodder for an episode that I thought was going be back door for Bane's origin, especially with the masks and dude telling that guy to breathe it in because it makes him stronger. Plus, Bane has a thing for protecting kids yeah?

Also, why did Gordon hesitant multiple times to cap the gang leader with unfortunate skin problems but had no fucks to give about popping the dia de los Muertos lady within seconds of her showing up on the scene?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I was 100% convinced the Soothsayers were Firefly’s gang, what with the smoke and all, but I guess not.

Also, calling it now, the person on the other end of the radio isn’t who Jim thinks it is.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

hatelull posted:

Also, why did Gordon hesitant multiple times to cap the gang leader with unfortunate skin problems but had no fucks to give about popping the dia de los Muertos lady within seconds of her showing up on the scene?

Yeah that was weird as hell.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

hatelull posted:

Because it's Gotham, the reason half the cast is even still alive is because someone didn't just shoot them in the face despite dozens of chances to do so.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Gotham is setting up the perfect rationale behind Batman’s no-kill rule; because if Jim Gordon didn’t constantly restrain himself from capping fools he’d be, like, two-thirds of the way through Gotham’s entire population by now.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Bruce totally knew Ivy would kill those guys once she was out. He feigned anger but he really gave no fucks if he got what he wanted.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

'Gotham' to Have Full-On Batman Episode, Joker Name May Be Used

To be fair, the former has been hinted at heavily in the trailers already, there was an unmistakenly pointy eared silhouette running through the fog. But truly sorry if I ruined it for you.

VVVVVVVV

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 12, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This feels a lot like posting spoilers. I wish I hadn't read that

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how they literally didn't have any kind of explanation as to why the park became magic. Also the multiple mentions of "the Dark Zone" makes me wonder if someone on the writing staff played a lot of The Division.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kind of funny how they literally didn't have any kind of explanation as to why the park became magic. Also the multiple mentions of "the Dark Zone" makes me wonder if someone on the writing staff played a lot of The Division.

SPEED FOR- oh wait, wrong universe.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Seed Force.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like the gang that looked like Raiders from Fallout.

I kinda hope that the upcoming episode featuring Batman will be a flashback of him as old Batman talking to Batman Beyond. It's a pipe dream, but It would be cool if that character finally got some live action exposure.

What the hell with the one place the sun shines in Gotham?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That episode was kind of a mess. I feel like it was almost entirely filler to get situated for what comes after, and it might be a necessary part of a good season arc, but just as an episode it wasn't good

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

I kinda hope that the upcoming episode featuring Batman will be a flashback of him as old Batman talking to Batman Beyond. It's a pipe dream, but It would be cool if that character finally got some live action exposure.

I would like that. I recall rumours that they would recast Bruce for the flash forward, which I think is bullshit, because David Mazouz has been so good and deserves to wear the actual suit for a bit. But if they cast some old dude as Bruce and had Mazouz play Terry McGinnis, that would be cool and play a little better to the actor's body type.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

twistedmentat posted:

I like the gang that looked like Raiders from Fallout.

What the hell with the one place the sun shines in Gotham?

I'd be so, SO into this. What a hell of a way to go against audience expectations too, to frame the appearance of Batman proper through that lens. One of the ethos of the shows is supposed to be showing how a city could be in such desperate need of Batman to save it too, that's a drat good way to show that even though crazy costumed criminals are still around Batman's managed to bring Gotham back from the brink and turned it into a pretty decent place to live.

It's a decently deep cut to go to, but it's also a sensible way to do a fun epilogue to the series. At a minimum I'm hard pressed to think of a more fun last scene to end the series with after all the characters who have been more central to the show overall (Penguin, Gordan, etc.) have been wrapped up.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheLoneStar posted:

Because it's Gotham, the reason half the cast is even still alive is because someone didn't just shoot them in the face despite dozens of chances to do so.

And in the comics precedence, if you shoot The Joker in the face, he just comes back even worse with a hole in his head (or in the show he has a twin brother), so why bother.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I dug the headshot Gordon did on the Skellington Gang leader there toward the end of the episode. I like seeing the shine of his previously unshakable moral code get tarnished as time goes on.

I'm not so sure about Selina, though. I knew when they had a close-up of her face and she was talking with her eyes closed that we'd have some cat's eyes stuff going on, but then they didn't do the cat eye thing... and then they did. It was weird. Was there an iteration of Catwoman in the comics that was in some way actually feline? (Serious question; I'm not a comic book guy and I seriously don't know. I don't even know if that's a stupid question.)

As long as we don't get a basketball scene with her, I think we'll be OK.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tarlibone posted:

I dug the headshot Gordon did on the Skellington Gang leader there toward the end of the episode. I like seeing the shine of his previously unshakable moral code get tarnished as time goes on.

I'm not so sure about Selina, though. I knew when they had a close-up of her face and she was talking with her eyes closed that we'd have some cat's eyes stuff going on, but then they didn't do the cat eye thing... and then they did. It was weird. Was there an iteration of Catwoman in the comics that was in some way actually feline? (Serious question; I'm not a comic book guy and I seriously don't know. I don't even know if that's a stupid question.)

As long as we don't get a basketball scene with her, I think we'll be OK.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode.

I mean, the Michelle Pfeiffer version was basically resurrected by cats licking her, so... maybe?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The Bloop posted:

I mean, the Michelle Pfeiffer version was basically resurrected by cats licking her, so... maybe?

It was more biting than licking.

I was massively disappointed they didn't go with crazy cat Selina after her window fall and instead just had her act a little more brooding and wear more leather. Hopefully this will be better.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

tarlibone posted:

It's not a stupid question, especially given how much weirdness is going around in this show.
Barring feline-mystic shenanigans in the Tim Burton movie and possibly the occasional "Elseworlds" (= deliberately alternate continuity) story, Catwoman was never anything more than a human in the comics.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ha! The dog left too!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hell yeah the Mutants.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Penn nooooo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
puddin

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

RIP little kid.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Was that lil' kid not Mother's accomplice?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Mameluke posted:

Was that lil' kid not Mother's accomplice?

Nah.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

The little kid was the one Gordon saved from the gang of Fallout bandits. I guess he is dead now right?

That episode was super awkward and nonsensical, which is saying a lot for Gotham. I'm still confused on what exactly Selena did in that13 style game of Russian Roulette. I guess she didn't pull the trigger and roll the dice with that cat luck the guy behind her fired an empty chamber? Also, why did Penguin have a change of heart at the end and give Gordon guns and ammo? Not that it mattered.

The everything but in name Harley Quinn was pretty all right though. Maybe not Margo Robie levels of crazy, but decently unhinged. She's the lady that was working for sane Jerome in his weird underground fallout shelter thing right? I forget her backstory.

Also, what took Harvey so long and how long will Barbara continue to show up and NOT get a chance to do anything.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

hatelull posted:

That episode was super awkward and nonsensical, which is saying a lot for Gotham. I'm still confused on what exactly Selena did in that /[13]/ style game of Russian Roulette. I guess she didn't pull the trigger and roll the dice with that cat luck the guy behind her fired an empty chamber?
That seemed to be the case, but doesn't really make much sense. She should have disarmed the guy behind her.

hatelull posted:

Also, why did Penguin have a change of heart at the end and give Gordon guns and ammo?
'Cause everyone had turned on him so he needed Jim's support to survive.