Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
https://twitter.com/muffinlordArt/status/1086328394671738881?s=19
I drew an Elena. You know what's weird, this drawing took a few days but most of it was tied up in the line art, once I set to finishing it the whole thing came together really fast. Like "I did all the shading in an hour" fast. I guess all my practice is starting to pay off, because I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Whippets are all angles and joints

sinc
Jul 6, 2008
Probably will be too lazy to add the suction cups so whatever :cthulhu:

By the way has imgur somehow made the upload+linking procedure on iPad even more hostile than it used to be? Basically had to get the laptop out to figure the linkable image url, I’m pretty sure I’ve managed it without that before. Any alternative sites or ideas on how to make it work?

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

sinc posted:

Probably will be too lazy to add the suction cups so whatever :cthulhu:

So curly! :kimchi:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

More quick painting practise.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Witches are now officially out of my system now

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I really enjoyed your witches! :tipshat:

Some more painting practise from me. Could have worked on it longer, but got tired.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Shinmera posted:

Some more painting practise from me. Could have worked on it longer, but got tired.

1. That looks amazing,
2. How dare you

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Whippets are all angles and joints

Whippets are loving great! :3:

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1086743335417667585

my buddy Superfly fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 19, 2019

content
Feb 13, 2014

xpost

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

What are the ethics of publishing a portrait you did of a stranger whose selfie just showed up on your Twitter timeline

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

The Muffinlord posted:

1. That looks amazing,
2. How dare you

Thanks, and I dare because I'm a lazy schlob.

I can finally publish my trading card for last month now:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Shinmera posted:

:rimshot:

Thanks! It's always fun to do a theme. Very nice tire and spatula practice, btw!

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 20, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the PYF procedurally generated content thread where someone generated a few random names:

Napoleopatra:

Snoop Donna:

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
I recently bought a Surface and Clip Studio Paint was half off, so now's a good time as any to try my hand at digital stuff since it never 'clicked' for me in the past. So far it's been a real blast.

I've been enjoying trying to keep to a few colors:

The King in Yellow hopes your love life is grand:

Sports Avocado Man. He always tries his best even if it's hard:

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

Squidtamer DA posted:

I recently bought a Surface and Clip Studio Paint was half off, so now's a good time as any to try my hand at digital stuff since it never 'clicked' for me in the past. So far it's been a real blast.

I've been enjoying trying to keep to a few colors:

]

This is very good; is clip studio tablet/touch based? Vector?

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked

Theokotos posted:

This is very good; is clip studio tablet/touch based? Vector?

Thanks! I was told that CSP is the successor to Manga Studio which I never used before. A lot of the focus is on different brushes and media types which has also been fun to fool around with. They have a free trial on their website if you're curious.

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON
Wip of my cat, me and my gf (in that order) as classic DnD characters

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

lofi posted:

Whippets are loving great! :3:

I think it was some sorta miniature version of one even, because it was real small and it looked unreal. Like some sorta cgi animal. It was like someone who only had gazelle parts was told to put together a dog using only mathematical formulae for speed as their guide. I kept thinking I could pick it up by closing my hand around its waist, but that I'd need a full arm's length to go around the chest and worried that if it turned wrong it'd zip out of reality into another dimension.

..I obviously asked where I could get one.

Argue posted:

What are the ethics of publishing a portrait you did of a stranger whose selfie just showed up on your Twitter timeline

I personally would feel iffy about it, but I'm like a bundle of moral nerves. Then again, there's that one dude who did nothing but print out random people's selfies he got on twitter and he sold them for hundreds of thousands a piece. He didn't even do anything to them, you at least actually made an art out of the pic. I'd also love to hear what other people's morals say about this, because mine is like "don't make money off it or ask for permission to publish?" but this is something I've struggled with too.
Also I dig the portrait, that fork brush works fantastic in the hair especially.

Elentor posted:

Snoop Donna:

Now I wanna see scripture written of Snoop Donna. Best saint ever.

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAaaAAAA IT'S SO PRETTY AND SQUISHY :kimchi: I want to hug it forever, I love the translucency!

I made a bunny. Again. The bunnies are neverending.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

because who doesn't love goats?

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Continuing my sunglasses theme...

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I've not been slacking (much) this year! Nope, just been afk a lot:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Is this for sale? My daughter expressed a desire to decorate her room and this is amazing.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
just a doodle

content
Feb 13, 2014

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Keetron posted:

Is this for sale? My daughter expressed a desire to decorate her room and this is amazing.

Thankyou! I'm afraid I can't sell it, the original is living at my parent's house now - he's their cat.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

hello i draw

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Today I raided the grocers for any fruit I didn't recognise.

I've figured the 'albino battlegrapes' were lychees, but no idea on the second one - it was like a eggyolk-coloured frogspawn inside a bald kiwi, and it was super-citrus-sour and delicious.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Passion fruit, I’m pretty sure

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
i'm going with dino egg

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Lack of angry dinos tells me passionfruit it is. Thanks! Though yeah, it was kinda awesomely prehistoric.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Took a break from sunglasses to draw some space

Can’t tell but the stars are metallic silver

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I kept seeing this around and "wait where have I seen this style before I SHOULD KNOW THIS" and now

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

lofi posted:

eggyolk-coloured frogspawn inside a bald kiwi, and it was super-citrus-sour and delicious.

Turns out it was a passionfruit! I'm learning!

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

lofi posted:

Turns out it was a passionfruit! I'm learning!

They’re delicious, but definitely alarming if never encountered prior to cutting one open

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

It was so cool! I was expecting maybe a melon-type inside, and got bright yellow goo!

(Yeah, I'm easily impressed sometimes. It's a good way to be.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

I kept seeing this around and "wait where have I seen this style before I SHOULD KNOW THIS" and now

I'm so sorry.