Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

started working on this today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

You best have shoved those all inside your mouth! Talking about the lychees, which are a sweet fragrant blessing on mankind. Then get your hands on all the lychee juice you can and chug that down, too. Then bake a lychee pie on an internet recipe that someone put a thumbs up for despite the fact that the crumb base turns into an oily slush because some rear end in a top hat never actually tried making this, and then you eat the pie anyway because it's lychees, damnit.
Your art of them captured their juicy essence and I crave for them now.

And the first contender for our "Biggest Blep" award shows up out of the blue!

Move over Shinmera, I'm muscling in on your turf with the straightest of lines!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sharpest Crayon posted:

And the first contender for our "Biggest Blep" award shows up out of the blue!

Move over Shinmera, I'm muscling in on your turf with the straightest of lines!

Yes! I'm a contender!

Love the cat and the spiky ear hair. Background makes me think it's in the Fortress of Solitude. Supercat?

Early day 25

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

content
Feb 13, 2014

Wow this is fantastic.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Photoshop: I'm trying to save multiple versions of my brushes so that I'll be spending less time tweaking the settings every few minutes, but when I save the brush as a TPL, then switching to it also includes the color that the brush had when I saved it, which I don't want. On the other hand, if I save it as an ABR, it doesn't save the opacity and flow options, instead just carrying those over from the previous brush. How do I save a brush as a TPL and not preserve the color? I know this should be possible because I have brushes saved as .tpl which don't overwrite my current color.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Omg yes. At first I was like "aaah what a cozy kitty with a fuzzy blanket" and then I saw the black paw and went "AAAAAH IT'S ANOTHER KITTY" :swoon:

Drawing Throsby fanart. This lovely gal is Trinketjuice, a model on a mission to save her world from nuclear war by making love to the president. I'm not kidding.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

yeah dogs are cool ;^)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

haven't posted much lately (just been doing simple drawing exercises like circles and lines mostly to improve my coordination/dexterity with pen on paper) so here's something:

study of my eye

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
did a gif

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Not sure if this is the right place, but everyone in here is usually super helpful when it comes to art tips.

I've been commissioned to do a poster for some independent film maker, and whilst it's a small film I still don't want to use any fonts that might not be OK for commercial use.

Does anyone know a place with any cheap/free fonts that can be used commercially?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

d3c0y2 posted:

Does anyone know a place with any cheap/free fonts that can be used commercially?

http://dafont.com

I’ve found some good fonts there, and you have the option of searching for only 100% free use fonts.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

https://www.1001freefonts.com/ has a bajillion, though you'll want to make sure you grab ones with a 'free' tag rather than 'free for personal use'.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty

Life drawing studies from today in procreate! Did some others but oof they were rough, my speed is super slow.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Work has been so wild lately that I've only had time to work on this in fits and spurts. I feel like the quality might have suffered as a result, but I've learned a lot from doing it.

https://twitter.com/muffinlordArt/status/1089622593425063941

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Hey all, I could do with some feedback. I've been working on a tarot card set, going for a psychadelic post-apoc vibe, but I've really stalled out, feel completely uninspired by the project at the moment. Here's some of what I've got so far:

Is the colourscheme just too much? Like, I can't imagine anyone using them to do a tarot reading with, but does that matter, would people be buying them just as nice images? Am I making the characters/archetypes too removed from the real world?

Basically I'm tying myself in second-guessing knots, and any feedback would be helpful, might help me figure out where I'm going with this, if I want to shitcan the project and start on something else, change the style, or what.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
https://twitter.com/muffinlordArt/status/1089681415682359297

I got a good chance to just sit down, get warmed up, and draw something really dumb for myself tonight.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I doodle from time to time for the hell of it. I'm only having a laugh with my art and I don't want to get serious with drawing or try to improve much. As such my art tends to hover around sketch/doodles of this quality.

Edgy character from an LP on the games forum.

Sad character from a popular cartoon

I promise I do draw other angles, these pics are just my two most recent.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Should have spent some effort into hiding that hand #TheStruggleIsReal

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The struggle is real

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 28, 2019

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

Phylodox posted:

http://dafont.com

I’ve found some good fonts there, and you have the option of searching for only 100% free use fonts.

I used to use dafont quite a bit, but its recently come to my attention that there's a lot of fonts marke as "free" on there that are actually just rips of existing paid fonts so you'll still need to do a bit of research on the font in question to be 100% safe.

EDIT: Lofi, I love the color palette and think the tarot theme is solid.

gmc9987 fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jan 28, 2019

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

lofi posted:

Hey all, I could do with some feedback. I've been working on a tarot card set, going for a psychadelic post-apoc vibe, but I've really stalled out, feel completely uninspired by the project at the moment. Here's some of what I've got so far:

Is the colourscheme just too much? Like, I can't imagine anyone using them to do a tarot reading with, but does that matter, would people be buying them just as nice images? Am I making the characters/archetypes too removed from the real world?

Basically I'm tying myself in second-guessing knots, and any feedback would be helpful, might help me figure out where I'm going with this, if I want to shitcan the project and start on something else, change the style, or what.

I like the color scheme, it definitely gives them a cool psychedelic black-light look. I also like the characters, and don't think they're too removed from the real world. You're going for an over the top post-apocalyptic look, and I think it succeeds.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lofi posted:

this is like if moebius made adventure time and i really dig it

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Oh wow, this is really out there.
Still looking to pay money for artwork for my daughters room...

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

lofi posted:

Colors are rad, embrace the seizure!

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

lofi posted:

these are all amazing and i love the colors.

however i think i know why you are stalling out. it looks like you're going off the dome for the designs for the tarot cards, which can lead you to run out of steam when you get to the minor arcana and you're thinking "what the gently caress do i draw for a 6 of swords"

when i draw a tarot card i usually go back to the imagery from of the canonical tarot deck - the rider-waite. they're pretty symbolically rich, so you can kind of pick and choose the elements you're interested in including in your composition. this not only gives you inspiration to look back on but it also makes it easier for any potential tarot readers and tarot fans to recognize and identify with your cards, because they're often trained on and start with the rider-waite deck.

so for example when i made a few animated cards for folks i went back to the you can compare this:

with this:

where i borrowed a lot of the elements (like the keys, the columns, the gesture and crow) and added some of my own (the lamp and the books) to keep it recognizable but unique

another example where i went even more in my own direction but still used the design for inspiration would be this:

and the rider-waite:

where instead of riding a horse, he's riding barrels of supplies and hooch, and instead of the planes he's in the canadian wilderness. he's still holding a cup but it's spilling all over the place.

i hope this advice helped! making a full tarot deck is definitely an aspiration to me

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

That's a really good call, thankyou - I'm just doing the major arcana for now (unless the project spreads), but yeah, using the RW for inspiration is a good bet.

Thanks, everyone, I find it so easy to second-guess myself, get trapped in loops of 'is it the desert, or is it actually really a poo poo idea'. Feedback is good.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Made a brush for the first time and sketched a thing to try it. And I'm making good on actually uploading things!

https://twitter.com/KaijusChoice/status/1089988339502071811

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Operation Expand My Horizons entering some rocky and uncomfortable waters

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Char designing.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.