Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Young Lions Cup XV results.

1ST STAGE

- YLC Opener: Boomer Hatfield defeated Lee Moriarty, Lady Frost and Jay Sorbet. After the match, Boomer was being interviewed, but when asked about his father, Dasher ran over and ended the interview.

- The Regime was supposed to take on a trio of masked jobbers, but the Closers talked about how Juan Francisco's money has dried up and he hasn't been paying them. The match never happened as the Closers just beat the hell out of Juan Francisco.

- YLC Opener: Jaden Newman defeated Thief Ant, Air Wolf and Frantik.

- Missile Assault Man defeated Rory Gulak relatively quickly.

- Lucas Calhoun defeated Volgar in a chain match. It was unsanctioned, so it didn't have commentary and took place in the middle of intermission, making it feel weird. They used last man standing rules with the crowd counting.

- YLC Opener: Still Life with Apricots and Pears defeated Cam Carter, Davienne and DL Hurst.

- YLC Opener: Ricky South defeated Allie Kat, Brayden Lee and Green Ant. Ricky was the most over outsider wrestler of the show and won with a crazy second-rope piledriver.

- Mr. Touchdown defeated Chris Dickinson to earn his "second point." Dasher came out to talk up how Touchdown would have another match at the 2nd Stage. Bryce was pissed about that since the wrestlers don't make the matches, but Touchdown accepted the challenge, just wanting to get this over with.

2ND STAGE

- YLC Semifinals: Boomer Hatfield defeated Jason Newman.

- YLC Semifinals: Still Life defeated Ricky South, reversing his second-rope piledriver into a pin.

- Air Wolf defeated Cam Carter. Afterwards, he cut a promo on A-Kid for their WrestleMania Weekend match.

- The Colony (Fire, Worker, Thief) defeated Creatures of the Deep (Merlok, Hermit Crab, Cajun Crawdad). There was a crazy spot where Crawdad climbed to the top rope, grabbed onto the ceiling and then jumped down to the outside.

- FIST (Huckabee and Deppen) defeated Crummels and Defarge to earn their third point. Lots of fun heel vs. heel gags.

- Dasher Hatfield retained the Grand Championship against Solo Darling.

- YLC Finals: Still Life defeated Boomer Hatfield with the Venus Fly Trap (Figure 8 + Sharpshooter). Afterwards, Blank appeared and acted frustrated as even winning YLC can't undo the disgust he feels for how Still Life lost to Penelope Ford.

- King of Trios 2019 announced for the first weekend in October. The same weekend as New York Comic Con. drat IT! This year's theme is tying into the Chikara game coming out.

- Mr. Touchdown defeated Icarus with a rolling pin out of nowhere to get his "third point." Dasher stormed into the ring and yelled at Icarus for failing. Dasher refused to relinquish his title and instead hit Touchdown with the belt. Bryce angrily said that he would be stepping down as Director of Fun, but his final act would be to setup a ladder match between Dasher and Touchdown for the title at the WrestleMania Weekend show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That chain match was pretty kick rear end. Also hadn't heard of Ricky South before today and now I love him

Gavok posted:

- The Colony (Fire, Worker, Thief) defeated Creatures of the Deep (Merlok, Hermit Crab, Cajun Crawdad). There was a crazy spot where Crawdad climbed to the top rope, grabbed onto the ceiling and then jumped down to the outside.

This was sick

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 17, 2019

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, where is Reading is KOT gonna be held? Cause there's no way they run their old spots.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, KOT is running in their usual Reading venue, the The Goodwill Beneficial Association Hall. Weird choice for the biggest shows, cause that place can't hold more than like 300 people I think.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm watching Once Upon a Beginning, which I think is the first CHIKARA show I've sat down and really watched. It's been a fairly fun show, with just the last two matches left. Crowd seemed kind of flat. The biggest problem I had with the show is that the announcers never really explained much of anything, which is a big problem given the complicated backstory of CHIKARA. I don't know what happened to Soldier Ant, but when Icarus mocked him at the opening of the match the lead announcer only mentioned that he was being mocked without saying why.

A better job by the announcers, or even some kind of promo videos for the big matches, would have been really useful.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rodney the Piper posted:

I'm watching Once Upon a Beginning, which I think is the first CHIKARA show I've sat down and really watched. It's been a fairly fun show, with just the last two matches left. Crowd seemed kind of flat. The biggest problem I had with the show is that the announcers never really explained much of anything, which is a big problem given the complicated backstory of CHIKARA. I don't know what happened to Soldier Ant, but when Icarus mocked him at the opening of the match the lead announcer only mentioned that he was being mocked without saying why.

A better job by the announcers, or even some kind of promo videos for the big matches, would have been really useful.

I haven't gotten around to watching the show yet, but Soldier Ant's deal is that he got both of his antennae torn off over time and it rendered him blind, forcing him into retirement.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I just realized that Mr. Touchdown's profile has been moved to the alumni page. Huh.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hoping it's story and he makes a big comeback or something. I've always really liked Mr. Touchdown. I didn't see, did the end of that ladder match look like he was exiting at all?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Dangerous Person posted:

Hoping it's story and he makes a big comeback or something. I've always really liked Mr. Touchdown. I didn't see, did the end of that ladder match look like he was exiting at all?

I didn't get that impression. I thought he'd be coming back for a rematch.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Touchdown is banged up, he might be back at some point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomorrow's Fright Knight

BLANK vs Shazza McKenzie
Cajun Crawdad, Callux the Castigator, El Hijo del Ice Cream and Rory Gulak vs Fire Ant, Razerhawk, Solo Darling and The Hurricane
Jakob Hammermeier vs The Patriot
Still Life With Apricots And Pears defends the Young Lions Cup against Brayden Lee
Dasher Hatfield defends the Grand title against Missile Assault Man
Princess Kimber Lee and The Whisper defend the Campeonatos de Parejas (tag titles) against Tony Deppen and Travis Huckabee in 2 out of 3 falls
Lucas Calhoun and Stray Kat vs Merlok and Oceanea

Gavok knows story details best, I just thought this was noticeable because Hurricane/Helms has been recently teasing this might be his last match
https://twitter.com/ShaneHelmsCom/status/1121489572339310593

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was just looking at Ophidians matches this year, because he seems to be showing up everywhere and just realized he hasn't wrestled a match for Chikara this year. Any idea what happened?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Breaking news from last night.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

I might end up in critical condition!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

Del Wilkes, Tom Brandi, or someone else?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

Del Wilkes, Tom Brandi, or someone else?

Pretty sure it's Tom Brandi. I was sad there was no Sal Sincere sighting though.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

I might end up in critical condition!

I hear he arrived at Pocono Summit in a helicopter straight from the USS Intrepid.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

Pretty sure it's Tom Brandi. I was sad there was no Sal Sincere sighting though.

He better have been charging 12 Large for his 8x10!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is Juan now John Francis Conrad since he's American

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Nice to see Tony Deppen get pushed

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Is Juan now John Francis Conrad since he's American

Full name is

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Full name is

smh that he's not from Colorado

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
They should have shopped the bowtie in US colors.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Numero6 posted:

They should have shopped the bowtie in US colors.

I imagine they'll update his profile photo pretty soon. Another thing I saw was, Juan/John was in a full black and white tuxedo at the end of the show when everyone was in the ring with Hurricane. Dude travels to shows in style I guess.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Best matches on Amazon Prime???

Season 15 isn’t on here so

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Best matches on Amazon Prime???

Season 15 isn’t on here so
Do you mean recent or through the whole history? There's a couple legendary CHIKARA matches like Claudio vs Brodie Lee in a steel cage, Fire Ant vs Vin Gerard for the YLC, and literally anything from the BDK era.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

syzpid posted:

I was just looking at Ophidians matches this year, because he seems to be showing up everywhere and just realized he hasn't wrestled a match for Chikara this year. Any idea what happened?

I'm watching Fright Knight right now (they finally put it up on Chikaratopia) and he's in the opening match. Chikara's at a really odd point right now where there don't appear to be many stories going on at all when that's one of the promotion's biggest strengths. So you get all these regulars who have been doing a big pile of nothing over the last couple years.

In other fun "whatever happened to _____" news, Da Soul Touchaz will be taking on the Creatures of the Deep at the Chicago show at the end of the month.

This Saturday is Infinite Gauntlet, which will be live on Chikaratopia. Here's the list of names announced for the match:

Main Roster Guys:

Ophidian
El Hijo del Ice Cream
Ice Cream Jr.
Kobald
Boomer Hatfield
John Frances of Coronado
Worker Ant II
Hallowicked
Rick Roland
Officer Warren Barksdale
Razerhawk
Solo Darling
Dasher Hatfield
Whisper
Volgar
Hermit Crab
Frantik
Oleg the Usurper

Guests/New Folks:

Molly McCoy
Unsocial Jordan
DUKE "THE DUMPSTER" DROSSE
Bull James
Shazza McKenzie

Masked Jobbers for Some Reason:

Enziguri Evan
Armbreaker Amir

Eight more to be announced.

Other matches include:

- Lucas Calhoun and Stray Kat vs. Icarus and Travis Huckabee

- Missile Assault Man vs. Der Wildebeest (apparently Jakob Hammermeier is now managing a Mantaur knockoff? There's nothing I don't love about that sentence)

- Still Life with Apricot and Pears defending the YLC against Thief Ant

- Fire Ant and Green Ant vs. Merlok and Cajun Crawdad

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

whats the deal with the heralds and harbingers, "the fire consumes" vignettes theyve been playing after uncharted territory?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Big Dave posted:

whats the deal with the heralds and harbingers, "the fire consumes" vignettes theyve been playing after uncharted territory?
The flame tempers you and burns your weakness away. You must become stronger.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

oh ok thanks

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHN9hK0anic

You must become stronger.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

This Saturday is Infinite Gauntlet, which will be live on Chikaratopia. Here's the list of names announced for the match:

Main Roster Guys:

Ophidian
El Hijo del Ice Cream
Ice Cream Jr.
Kobald
Boomer Hatfield
John Frances of Coronado
Worker Ant II
Hallowicked
Rick Roland
Officer Warren Barksdale
Razerhawk
Solo Darling
Dasher Hatfield
Whisper
Volgar
Hermit Crab
Frantik
Oleg the Usurper

Guests/New Folks:

Molly McCoy
Unsocial Jordan
DUKE "THE DUMPSTER" DROSSE
Bull James
Shazza McKenzie

Masked Jobbers for Some Reason:

Enziguri Evan
Armbreaker Amir

Eight more to be announced.

Update:

Blank
Jawbreaker Josue (another jobber)
Nytehawk
Cornelius Crummels
Sonny Defarge
Danjerhawk

Joining the Foot Clan is hard work.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The Infinite Gauntlet match was very interesting. It was essentially two stories making up the match.

First, early on, Dasher Hatfield and Boomer Hatfield were in the ring and it became a lengthy bout of them fighting each other and occasionally taking a break to eliminate the next competitor so they could go back to the fight. Eventually, the new entrants were heels and Dasher was able to intimidate them into sitting this one out. That is, until Blank ran out, got all the heels to attack as one and it still led to the Hatfields clearing the ring. Newcomer Molly McCoy tried to get them to shake hands and make up (ironic, given her name), but Dasher attacked Boomer and eliminated him.

The match was filled with about 5-6 masked jobber types. On commentary, Director of Fun Sydney Bakabella explained that they were cheaper to pay for in terms of filling up the 33 spots. The masked jobbers started teaming up a bunch and took out various opponents with team-up attacks and pins. It became apparent that Enziguri Evan was the endboss of the group and Armbreaker Amir was capable enough to make Duke "The Dumpster" Drosse tap out. The guys also spent a lot of time loosening the top rope.

The end of the match had Enziguri Evan hold Solo Darling and Whisper over his shoulders, only for Hallowicked to give him a yakuza kick. All four of them went over the barely-existent top rope and fell to the floor. #33 was Ophidian, who won by default and now gets a free title shot.

Afterwards, Boomer and Dasher returned and got in a huge argument, culminating in Bakabella announcing a mask vs. mask match between the two in Chicago.

Post-credits was another episode of the Heralds and Harbingers series, which is the weird backstory of all those jobber guys.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The rope loosening thing was really weird. Felt like it dragged on way too long and never really paid off. My thought was they'd take the rope off completely, lay it on the mat and just shove people over it because it was still technically the top rope.

Seemed like they had a fun idea but it didn't pan out for me.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
It sure seemed like Molly turned on Boomer and let Dasher beat him up. I was also really hoping the masked jobbers were gonna all make some big run and dominate like a CHIKARA version of the Nexus or nWo or something.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Based on how Ophidian won the Infinite Gauntlet, they're doing a story where Quack refuses to even allow him into the Wrestle Factory anymore. I'm guessing Quack is somehow also aware that the jobbers are some kind of Nexus/Fight Club/Foot Clan thing now.

Here are the matches scheduled for this weekend's Aniversario shows:

Saturday:

John Francis of Coronado and Kimber Lee vs. Icarus and Dasher Hatfield (all have held the Grand Championship)
Missile Assault Man vs. Hallowicked
Green Ant vs. Still Life with Apricots and Pears (YLC)
Boomer Hatfield and Molly McCoy vs. Hermit Crab and Merlok
Jason Gory vs. Travis Huckabee
The Rascalz vs. Crummels and Defarge
Lady Frost vs. Blank

Sunday:

Boomer Hatfield vs. Dasher Hatfield (mask vs. mask)
The Minnesota Wrecking Zoo vs. The Proteus Wheel
John Francis vs. Whisper
Solo Darling vs. Icarus
Lucas Calhoun and Stray Kat vs. Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin
Da Soul Touchaz vs. Creatures of the Deep

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I've been down on Chikara for a bit, but oh man, this is enough to make me want to get a ticket to KoT night 1

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1133184921240035328

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

syzpid posted:

I've been down on Chikara for a bit, but oh man, this is enough to make me want to get a ticket to KoT night 1

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1133184921240035328

Oh man. Does Scott know about Chikara's no swearing policy?

Also, the Minnesota Wrecking Zoo made me laugh way harder than it should have.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Scott would have to catch his breath to actually form a swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Oh man. Does Scott know about Chikara's no swearing policy?

Also, the Minnesota Wrecking Zoo made me laugh way harder than it should have.

If Nick Gage can get through a show for Chikara without doing it, Scott Steiner should be able to.