Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

All threads are community owned and operated; you have no power here. :ussr:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Ardeem posted:

Okay, I'm very disappointed that I didn't know about this and it didn't get funded.

Evil wizard who can't grow a beard is exactly aesthetic that Jinnai would grow into.

Detective Mouri, is that you!?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I really liked .hack//sign as a kid but I also forgot when it was on half the time so I missed like every other episode and don't remember seeing any sort of conclusion. Did the show have an actual conclusion or was it a "go read the source material" sort of thing?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Finally, the one thing we needed: Shield Hero Fanfiction.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Question: Why doesn't he just buy a weapon (that isn't a slave)?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Hero of Burning Hydrocarbons to Cause a Runaway Green House Effect, Destroying Civilization as We Know It

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Nebrilos posted:

It is mentioned that because his attribute is "shield" his attack power is locked at 0 and can't be increased. So it doesn't matter if he throws rocks at people or files down his shield into a sword.

This too could be used to his advantage in unique and interesting ways. If he can't hurt people no matter what, then he could launch people over the walls of a castle and they wouldn't get hurt. Drop them in lava and they take no damage. Work as a travelling salesman peddling armor that he demonstrates as being completely impervious by dropping a 16 ton anvil on it. The possibilities are endless.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I agree with Ytlaya that the Slime show was pretty boring and I dropped it after 5 episodes I think. It took forever for stuff to happen and from the way people described the episodes after I quit it sounds like all the characters he helps lose their charm and basically become NPCs instead of real people with their own goals, etc.

People can like whatever they want though but if someone is looking for opinion then let both sides give their opinion.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Fursonally, I too am shocked that reddit fell in love with the underage moeblob in a problematic anime. That sort of thing hasn't happened since last season!

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

"After Motoyasu starts acting like a white knighting, self-righteous asshat accusing Naofumi of mistreating Raphtalia solely based on the fact she's his slave,"

:tvtropes:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Hero of Waving Someone Through at an Intersection Causing Them to Get Hit by Someone Coming the Other Way Because They Trusted You

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Hero of Stacking Cardboard Boxes for Someone in a Comical Chase Scene to Drive Through, But the Boxes Are Filled With Deadly Spiders

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Hero of Vibrating Violently at a Frequency which Triggers Epileptic Seizures

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Youtube keeps recommending me videos of this show despite all my efforts to tell them "not interested"

Please advise.

The Hero of Telling You To Also Hit "Tell Us Why" and Select "Not Interested in This Channel"

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

KomeradeCanadian posted:

You could also watch Youtube incognito?

Youtube remembers you based on your IP address as well.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

My personal favorite Gobby word is hand-lending, because the Gobbies say it when they want you to lend them a hand AND when they want you to lend the enemy a hand (in the face).

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Hero of Leaving the Toilet Seat Up so People in a Hurry Fall In

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Hero of sneaking into the enemy encampment and shouting World Star at any sign of internal conflict

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Are we workshopping Goblin Slayer again? Here's my nuanced take:

Remove everything about goblins or slaying and replace it with the priest girl and the elf girl kissing eachother on the lips.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The Hero of Shouting "NO~!", Jumping As If They Intend to Take an Arrow for Someone, But Intentionally Falling Short so the Target Doesn't Try to Dodge

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Wark Say posted:

Hero who wants to be ally of justice but all they have going for them is their sick wrestling moves.

So... Batman?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The Hero of Not Getting Distracted From the Fact That in 2019, Sharkopath Threw ViggyNash off Hell In A Cell, and Plummeted 16 ft Through an Announcer's Table.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I learned everything I know from tvtropes.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Wark Say posted:

Hero who always fights dirty and gouges.

The goal is to come up with hero ideas which work within the framework that Shield Hero has setup for the main character, Shield Hero. He is not allowed to use any weapon other than his shield and even if he could, his attack stat is set to zero. There's a lot of potential with the attack stat as zero part of things. For instance, Shield Hero could heal sick people by pummeling them relentlessly. Since his attack stat is zero, he can't hurt them, but if his blows were to kill cancer cells or viruses, then he would be healing them and his attack stat wouldn't be factored into things. In this way he could heal anything by just applying a thousand crack fist to it: if it makes things worse it doesn't do anything, and if it makes things better then it heals.

The Hero of Hokuto Ujō Ken

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 29, 2019

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Don't they regularly summon Digimon into the real world though? I feel like it shouldn't be classified as an Isekai because of that.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

If you can't eat her poop, that implies you lack a functioning esophagus. Since human speech is generated via the esophagus as well, then not being able to eat her poop also implies that you cannot say you love her. QED

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

You know, all Crunchyroll did was make it less moral to just torrent all the anime I watch, and now this tweet?

gently caress Crunchyroll.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The truth is that Wark Say has watched every episode of both series and is going to punish everyone who didn't watch them.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Translator's note: Mufu means Hmph.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Someone make a cut of the goblin slayer manga but it's just elf and priestess with added subtext, thanks.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How bout "No"

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Gambeson is real, and strong, and my friend.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

Did, it actually keep you from getting stabbed at all?

It could stop some slicing cuts but a good stab is probably going through the armor. It will prevent a deeper cut at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP4wLMmp-8U

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Realistic arms and armors are way cooler than the dumbass fantasy poo poo people come up with.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

One of the biggest travesty is that spears and other polearms barely ever show up despite being the workhorses of military conflict for millennia.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

this fat bastards armor is also called the Anime Type which is a thing I forgot about

its cause of the interlocking plates instead of it being a solid breastplate, very advanced

Prepare to get mace'd in the dick, anime armor guy.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I know they probably weren't used very much but there is something intensely satisfying about the idea of slamming my mace into some posh kid's helmet so hard that it concusses him and knocks him to the ground, where he'll soon meet his end when I stab my dagger into one of the openings in his armor.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

this is cool armor for foot, pikeman armor

i like the big bell dress a lot but also its totally blackened armor as a way to both look cool and weatherize it so it lasted longer

What's it made out of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

And this is just a neat oddity that can be useful for some character designers, that suit of pikemans armor is a really ornate and nice looking weatherization, but more common soldiers wanted their gear to last too, so what they would often do is paint it up in so many different ways the mind boggles and that would act similarly to the other processes.

Just not many of them survive. A lot of full knight armor was probably painted up like this at various times too but was often stripped down by museum curators who wanted the dignified alwhyte look of knights in shinin armor for their galleries.

How many soldiers painted Born to Die World is a gently caress on their helmets?