Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Sanctum Shield 4 lyfe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Wallrod posted:

I binged all that was translated of lazylife so far of it and enjoyed it, but i spent the whole time wondering why that dumbass didn't bring every medical, engineering and scientific textbook/ebook he could get his hands on

How do you explain something you yourself have only a vague understanding of to someone who won't recognize the words you're using and lacks centuries of background knowledge that underlies the knowledge you're trying to share?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Shinjobi posted:

Give me a series where a dingus gets sent to FFXI, where his junk gets stomped on every step of the way.

"But I know this game! I have strats!"

"I don't think it cares.:madmax:"

I Got Isekai'd By Truck-Kun, But It Sent Me To The World Of I Wanna Be The Guy

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

doomrider7 posted:

I haven't watched either show. I only know the info I do from tropes and wiki's which I imagine is similar to lots of others on here(not watched, but heard of the bad things).

You do realize that tvtropes is fairly looked-down-on on SA, right? The smilie for it is :tvtropes:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mordaedil posted:

One of them was a lovely one where a guy is resurrected with memory of how to make firearms cause he is a gun-otaku, and he grows up along with a white-haired beastgirl and set out to make his own way in life and is immediately made into a slave etc etc.

I just got really fed up with it because it draws mouths in a really bizarre way.

The proportions and perspective are always wonky in that one.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DisDisDis posted:

i had to read a post by this guy that was like '[thing] isn't yaoi because it has a plot and themes' and he was right about the thing not being yaoi but he can suck my gay balls

Wasn't the origin of the term "yaoi" based on something like "no plot, no climax, no meaning"?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It never ceases to amaze me that this is probably the most active non-chat thread in the forum.

Spend more time enjoying stuff and less handwringing about what everyone else is watching.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

cock hero flux posted:

if your wedding rings aren't capable of emitting electric shocks whenever you or your spouse command them to are you even really married?

Common-law electric shock rings.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

LorneReams posted:

Most people agree, but we are having issues with getting rid of it 100% in the US of A. Maybe in a hundred more years?

Slavery (and other forms of involuntary servitude) still exists in plenty of places around the world, mostly as part of underground economies or criminal networks but also for domestic help. It being banned and taboo is, historically speaking, a very recent development and not one that is fully accepted on a functional level.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mirage posted:

"So I'm going to be reborn massively overpowered, nothing is ever a real problem, and every woman I meet wants to sleep with me.

"... oh no please stop."

And this is exactly why the genre persists. At the end of the day, it's the fantasy everyone kinda wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Monocled Falcon posted:

so is it true that the secret the false rape accusations is that the church just doesn't like the shield hero? not even that the shield hero is secretly vital to defeating the demon king and the church is evil and wants the world to end?
they just picked one of the four heroes to hate for no reason, not even because a past shield hero was a dick?

That's loving hilarious.

IIRC the legend of the shield hero is seen as a symbol of hope for the beastmen and other non-human races, and the oppressed in general, so those who are highly invested in the current order and human supremacy view him as a threat, hence why they limited the Church's pantheon to three heroes. But more broadly the Pope didn't like the existence of power outside of his own.