Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

it's mra poo poo, post about it or argue about it here to get probated possibly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

don't go to the tvtropes page for this series

Or any other. It's poo poo mate

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Don't tvtrope in my thread. This is your first and only warning.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

When I played my first Kingdom Hearts game (one for the GBA? Forgot the name), Goofy comes out and yells "C'mooooooon!", and that always made me smile. :3:
Goofy yells that in many games, he's the hero we deserve

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bakanogami posted:

This is a thread for disrespecting the bad MRA show, leave the tiddy ninjas alone.

It's quarantine until wark gets round to banning everyone who posts within

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think isekais would be better if the main character actually had to meaningfully struggle in any way. I can think of maybe three where they do.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That sounds like a perfect example of what I was saying

Wark Say posted:

:

Twelve Kingdoms, Re:Zero, Fushigi Yuugi... yeah, I got nothing else yet. :shobon:

I was gonna say log horizon

E: to clarify, it's a perfect example of what I was saying is bad.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 21, 2019

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Basically what I want is something where the guy gets sucked in the game but either doesn't realise it's a game or else doesn't instantly power level and get all of the obnoxious skills.

Konosuba is kind of another example of what I want (although a comedy version) because kazuma basically only gets access to basic skills and uses them in creative ways to solve problems

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like log horizon because while the in game skills are effective for fights a lot of the stuff is about building a good society which has no in game analogue.

Morale is low, but then the catguy figures out that cooking properly instead of using the crafting yields actual taste. That's entirely my poo poo.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Two things

1. This forum has very specific rules against touching the poo poo posted elsewhere. Don't do it.
2. When you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back into you. Don't get lost in trying to armchair psychologise why people try to justify creepy things. Humans are great at self justification.

This is your first and only warning in this, the quarantine zone

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I enjoy people talking about things that aren't this but please remember that this is a honeypot for people who watch or read shield hero to post in to get banned and we do have a web novel thread for discussion of other books.

This is not the isekai thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

No, this is the place I put silly specific hero power ideas when I think of them.

I'll ask wark to make the appropriate change to then thread title

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I don't think there is a single person on this site who enjoys this crap since it seems custom made for the incel 4chan edgelord masturbates to anime crowd

Good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This is not the general isekai thread. Maybe someone needs to make one idk.

ViggyNash posted:

Well, I tried and failed to give this show the three episode test. I only made it about 30 seconds into the new episode before I could no longer deal with Naofumi calling everyone lolicons for being friendly to his pet slave child. It boggles mind how blind the show is to the irony of it, and it would be utterly hillarious if we weren't talking about a textbook child abuse scenario.

Why did you actually watch this?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How much have you watched, Namtab?

I have not interacted with this product in any way.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Related: Chasing People Into A Beach Volleyball Net Via Spooky Mask and Theremin Music Hero

That's not heroic!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ok I'm convinced the isekais are now free

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hero of Telling Same Joke Too Often

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

a computing pun posted:

hero of running a joke into the ground

I already did that one, so you are banished

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hero ideas itt must be heroic

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I pray for blunderman

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Elephant Parade posted:

Why do people keep going into terrible, exacting detail on the events of this and other bad rape isekai

Because they went and read the things in order to discuss them online.

I feel my life is enriched by the fact that I heard they were bad and did not then attempt to find out how bad

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's some weird extension of the sunk cost fallacy where you exhaust a lot of time reading the bad thing and therefore have to constantly post about it in all of the threads

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I strongly recommend not reading tvtropes, for it is bad

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am absolutely not going to allow this new definition

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Please....stopppppp

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Once again, another great artist working with a mediocre story. But Sao Satoru is a military nut that likes drawing highly detailed army equipment and sexy women so he's gotta be on cloud nine with that series. I do think GATE as a story has leveled out as well, it got better once it started focusing more on the Alnus politics.

Isn't this the second quarantine thread you've made that's gone this route?

I only made this quarantine thread to actually quarantine discussion as opposed to the other thread which was Just Asking Questions and not for quarantine

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Motto posted:

poopantine

For me to poop on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm hoping this whole series is one big honeypot and everyone who enjoys this is on some sort of watchlist

No, this thread is a honeypot for the bad posts, at the end of this season the mod is going to probate everyone who has actually watched this, particularly those who watch every episode. This I promise

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's less that she's into slavery and more the fact that she likes stupidly high stakes gambling where there's consequences for the loser. Being in the slave role allowed her to challenge stronger people but she stops once it's no longer a means to an end for her. There's a meaningful difference here

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Please allow me the blissful ignorance of pretending I don't share a fandom with Nazis and Confederate apologists.

You're in the shield hero fandom now?

Vorpal Cat posted:

Has anyone pointed out that having a 10 year old anime girl who looks like she's 18 is actually way way creepier then the standard "she's actually 500 years old and just looks like she's 14"? At least the latter has the thin excuse that its not technically pedophilia in universe.

They are both actually as bad as each other, as well as the third cliche of "is adult and looks like adult but acts like 7 year old", it's all the same and its all bad.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

i'm not sure fearing women for having agency counts as a fetish

its a detective agency

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Onmi posted:

Also, Doomrider. Not technically the thread for this but, gently caress it, I have no respect for Shield Hero so I'll basically post about anything I want until a Mod tells me otherwise.

Don't defend goblin slayer, don't post the tity armour. Don't make me angry

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The adtrw subgroup has a don't be a creep rule that I invite everyone to adhere to itt as though its one of the 10 commandments

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Goblin slayer isn’t good - it’s great and one of the best currently running manga series.

thats enough....too far...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

Very well, I'll kill so hard that maybe everyone who has watched more than one episode for "research" will wish that they had their own shield hero to protect them.

I'm keeping a list of everyone who has watched even a single episode of this and I have every reason to believe that my friend wark say will punish them all.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Onmi posted:

I mean I kinda feel this thread kinda fails to be a protection from posters from Shield Hero because is anyone here actually watching it in a non-ironic fashion?

Haha the point of this thread is because the kind of person who either watches this show or can't shut up about how much they hate this show will actively discuss it in every tangentially related thread otherwise - as we saw when this thread got locked due to bad posting.

The biggest anime streaming site has gonna balls to the wall in funding and promoting this garbo and people are going to try and talk about it - giving it its own thread where you'll note that I'm not promoting some disingenuous defence of it was the best way to keep it out of every other thread.

Quarantine

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

I think that if someone were to do a critique that was nice and smart and funny instead of, for lack of a better term, a mock thread style takedown that's more about performative reactions instead of saying anything meaningful, then they probably wouldn't get put on blast for it. And if it were to happen then I'd bully the person(s) responsible...even if I had to take on namtab.

If anyone were to actually post a critical analysis of this show they would have my blessing.

Performative reactions aren't funny without an opponent

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

As one of the people watching ironically

No you arent. There's nothing ironic in what you're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The sweat of his imouto