Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

post horny fate leondias pics itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

He has a decent amount of screentime for a minor character in the chapter that's getting an anime fwiw

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

also apparently the series has really high production values which is a real bummer that so much effort is being wasted on such a trash series

*shrug* Even if it's a series I don't care about, I'd prefer this since it means the staff is probably dying a little less than the alternative.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

LorneReams posted:

I checked out a random ninja series on Crunchyroll and all the ninjas got naked, so I'm unsure what the gently caress is going on with the service.

Sounds like the system works OP

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i love using twitter and not seeing any of those people

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nah, that bit is actually true. The author said that naofumi's hosed up mostly as a reflection of the world he's stuck in, though in the bits of the WN I looked at it mostly took the form of woe-is-me internal narration over whatever awful thing he had to witness (despite being party to said event occurring).

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1032131552707133440?s=19

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 19, 2019

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

here's some fresh #content ;)

https://twitter.com/Lost_Pause_/status/1087075496783798272?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Teh shield hero quarantine zone: a long, sad j/o

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

poopantine

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Space Flower posted:

what do you think about these kinds of depictions?

Karura is a good [redacted]

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's praxis

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno what his original sources are, but this guy posts anime project committee listings every season. Listings are done in order of investment, so CR would be second after Kadokawa, the company that owns the IP proper.

https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1081736862610440194?s=19

Saying that they're "the reason it got adapted" is a big stretch though, LNs get adapated all the time, the publisher obviously wanted to and put the most money in, and CR has been getting in on committees for a really wide variety of shows. If there's any motive to getting on SH besides simply the avenue being open, it's probably just that fantasy LNy stuff hits high viewer metrics.

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 2, 2019

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

lol its nothing like ancient magus bride

yeah, I've only read about a volume of magus bride, but the whole point is that chise is in a deeply unhealthy place and mindset for much (all?) of it. I dunno what it does with elias long term and could see taking issue with that, but it's not "slavery good".

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pierson posted:

Isn't it an artifact of it being written somewhat on 2chan and all of the characters being just characters from other series?

On the same topic is that why the characters in Demon Queen Economics are the same way?

"These characters are only here to act as mouthpieces for what I actually care about and so I won't bother with anything beyond the most basic of descriptor".

Part of it is that isekai, "demon king/queen/lord", and other fantasy LNs are generally plays on RPG conventions if not specifically Dragon Quest, so it's not uncommon for characters to be directly named or referred to by archetype.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

Don't defend goblin slayer, don't post the tity armour. Don't make me angry

he mad

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I, for one, am glad that my fellow posters are engaging in cordial and informative debate and discussion, grounding their analysis in textual engagement while providing helpful examples to illustrate their points. :)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

fantasy armor provides the most important protection

stats

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

watching ironically is okay, but only if you declare the show DROPPED each time you finish and ep
-the Guilty Crown rule

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

finally, some real discussion

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not to restart the offensiveness olympics that people tried to do last season, but yeah, I really dunno why this and GS have caused goons season+ long aneurysms when in the past and even this season, similarly problematic shows typically get a "wow seems gross" and then just aren't further discussed since nobody is watching them.

Even this thread is mostly "oh man I read this on tropes" and "I bet the CHUDS are saying this" . It's really weird even as someone whose mobile browser is actually recommending me lovely reddit SH memes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Thoughtful, critical discussion is a good time, friend. :)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

well yeah, that whole aspect of goblin slayer is common enough that it's basically a meme in some respects, which is prob a large part of why its there given its origins

e: honestly it'd bug me less if it was just one random gross thing and not just carrying on a trope that random games/shows feel free to make Wacky Jokes about

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 7, 2019

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

drat.....8 likes......I just can't handle this rotten world....

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

is there a good quick list of what makes it incel hero, so far this is what I've got

- women are all untrustworthy harlots and the evil princess was based on the author's ex(is there a source for that, seen it claimed a few times in this thread and elsewhere)

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

given what happens later the story isn't exactly anti-brainwashing

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

better give it a watch or a read and find out, friend :)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/CanipaShow/status/1094464288557719552?s=19

you guys were prob gonna flip over this regardless but this mostly just comes across as CR adding the international streaming metrics of fantasy isekai into the equation

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

when they were a pirate site eschewing the demand that capitalist markets place barriers between the people and art :)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

seems unhealthy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

Which issues

skub

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*captain cappy fan voice* Very Cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Here's a fun meme for the thread, friends :)

https://twitter.com/ShieldHeroEN/status/1100803119305248768?s=19

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll_fr/status/1100769079227490307?s=19

Motto fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 27, 2019