Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Did Overlord ever really go anywhere with that? The plot I remember was that he was quite a timid man who just roleplayed an evil lich in his evil roleplaying megawhale guild, but when he got reincarnated/transferred he did actually end up having to live with those consequences, one of which being his now-actually-for-real genocidally-loyal underling NPCs and the fact that as a lich heightened emotions were squashed down. They played it for comedy a bunch but it felt like there could have been a gem of a plotline there as a regular human being tried to wrestle with succumbing to being an emotionless evil lich or fought to keep his human side intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

BattleMaster posted:

I mean it literally means "another world" but there's a huge rash recently of the type where "I'm transported to another world that is exactly like a fantasy RPG video game right down to all the tropes and levels and stats and skills, and I'm really powerful".
I know for a most series it doesn't really matter and the setting is either just a vehicle for character development and hijinks (Konosuba) or a playground for the insanely overpowered MC to have tantrums in (a thousand other nameless forgettable properties) but the vast majority of isekai worlds being just Dragon Quest with the serial numbers filed off is so tiring.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"Oh my dear protagonist, how could you love me so, when she is such a goddess of delicate features, long black hair and bone-white skin, while I am a much less unattractive woman of smokey dark skin, thick thighs and huge breasts?" is always a good one.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Those Who Hunt Elves was a good isekai because they have a tank.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Isn't it an artifact of it being written somewhat on 2chan and all of the characters being just characters from other series?

On the same topic is that why the characters in Demon Queen Economics are the same way?

"These characters are only here to act as mouthpieces for what I actually care about and so I won't bother with anything beyond the most basic of descriptor".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I don't need to change anything about my personality or world view because if girls were forced to be around me they would see how nice I am right now.