Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Kharmakazy posted:

Being a colorist is an actual real job, and these results are (in a lot of cases, when the right source type is used) better than what most posters would be able to achieve.

yeah uh, low bar imo. considering i made an image file output that almost looks like it makes vague logical sense. very high concept analysis here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Kharmakazy posted:

Being a colorist is an actual real job, and these results are (in a lot of cases, when the right source type is used) better than what most posters would be able to achieve.

Remember that program that generated songs based on minimal human input a while back? They weren't awesome songs, but there is genuine novelty in it for most people. Until the novelty wore off, mind you.

Most of the threads are exploiting some novelty for entertainment until said novelty wears off.

You got a link to the song one? I'm enjoying this goofy art thing even if it is just a novelty and I wanna play with a music-y one

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CountryMatters posted:

You got a link to the song one? I'm enjoying this goofy art thing even if it is just a novelty and I wanna play with a music-y one

Songsmith was a Microsoft product that would generate music based on nothing but vocals and selected genre. It's got a free trial version, if you're interested. Here's an example of its output:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZWTfrW3gEo

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Paladinus posted:

Songsmith was a Microsoft product that would generate music based on nothing but vocals and selected genre. It's got a free trial version, if you're interested. Here's an example of its output:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZWTfrW3gEo

Jesus, song smith Ace of Spades is amazing.
https://youtu.be/mg0l7f25bhU

Edit: you've really sent me down a rabbit hole. There's something mesmerizing about some of these song smith covers.
https://youtu.be/wHduATM-o7M

TIP fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 6, 2019

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I guess that's cool, and I get that it's all evolving (and open-source is always nice, never know what people will use it for). But if I paid a colorist and they turned in any of this work I'd be pretty pissed.

Doy dude. Thats why I called it a fun toy and not a revolutionary advance in digital art

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pls post more submissions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

:stonklol:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

That robotic t shirt store that makes slogan products from memes and random word combinations is gonna get ahold of this thing, a database of public domain images, and blanket the earth in meme-based coffee mugs and mouse pads.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Pastel Proletariat would be a good name for a leftcore band. Also leftcore band would be a cool genre of music.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Feeding the palate a steady diet of Lisa Frank and Pointillist sunrise paintings produces lovely results:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 6, 2019

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I'm curious, why is this cool? These colorings are all really boring and obvious.

Edit- not saying it isn't cool, I'm just not getting it. Is it just because the tool is fast?

It's cool because letting artists feel the crushing existential threat of automation that every other skilled industry on earth has spent the last century dealing with is an important step to getting them to radicalize past doing comics about how eating hotdogs with ketchup is cultural appropriation and Jughead on Riverdale having a girlfriend is a hate crime against asexuals. Also because lowering the barrier to entry to creating artwork is a net good, you're a camera operator smirking about the aperture of the iphone camera in 2007 blissfully unaware that the kid making Vines about sandals is going to have a greater cultural impact than whatever lovingly-crafted student film they made before moving on to filming reality television and weddings ever will.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this is awesome and it works really well with HR Giger

E; how do you actually use the custom color palette at the bottom?

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 6, 2019

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

yoooo

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

ian miller also seems like a good candidate

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

free hubcaps posted:

this is awesome and it works really well with HR Giger

E; how do you actually use the custom color palette at the bottom?

Press alt and itll suck up any color you are hovering over. click to drop a little colored square that will give the AI a hint as to what color something should be. You can use those five colors at the bottom as custom colors (pressing alt will replace the oe currently selected) and you have a whole bunch of presets on the right

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

oh yea and hit the magic wand button to recolor everything

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

weird, I’ve changed the palette colors several times but every time I hit the wand it just recolors it to whatever anime face or photo is selected on the left.

e: think i figured it out, i wasnt painting the portions i needed to to implement the palette

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 7, 2019

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

^^
This is extremely my poo poo.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

and darkness and decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.

im having way too much fun with this

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 7, 2019

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Couple of classic B&W pictures.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Still screwing around:

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

somebody do barnacle Jim

:nws: https://imgur.com/a/aINyXKS

:nws: https://imgur.com/a/MouJ8Af

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Okay, this is pretty neat.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
with a little bit of effort this would make some sweet-rear end wall art

style reference photo was a screenshot from uncharted 4

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

a Frank Frazetta of Frank Zappa

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I didn't touch the settings aside from picking an anime girl, was not expecting black-face Trump. Pretty offensive Style2Paints, but I laughed.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Tip posted:

I didn't touch the settings aside from picking an anime girl, was not expecting black-face Trump. Pretty offensive Style2Paints, but I laughed.

looks more like otherkin than blackface

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A bunch of random pages from a Cyberpunk 2020 book

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Aw the server just went down. They say it will be offline for a week.

I only got to try it with this abstract doodle. It took only like a minute to draw and then 30 seconds to colorize. I'm in heaven, such a fun tool!

Did anyone grab a copy of the v4 source before they took that down?

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

I don't understand... if it's open source, then the code should be available for other people to compile and run.

If they are taking their site down and such of course that's to be expected for a free thing, but if they say it's open source, why would they take the source code offline as well?

I guess that just doesn't really seem to be in the spirit of open source to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

writing some code and putting it under a certain type of software license does not mean that you are committing to babysit every user of your program forever and ever for all eternity